Yodiwan1 Final Trip report of 2011 7/29-7/31

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Yodiwan1 Final Trip report of 2011 7/29-7/31

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 6:52 am

Sorry this is taking longer than excpected. My wife's grandfather is in the hospital and it doesn't look good. Was there until 10 last night, so I haven't had anytime to add to this yet. About to leave for work, so hopefully I will have time atlunch to add some more. I still have 2 more rides that broke down to report, but one of them made the entire trip worth it! lol I love building up suspense!!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 03, 2011 7:54 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Sorry this is taking longer than excpected. My wife's grandfather is in the hospital and it doesn't look good. Was there until 10 last night, so I haven't had anytime to add to this yet. About to leave for work, so hopefully I will have time atlunch to add some more. I still have 2 more rides that broke down to report, but one of them made the entire trip worth it! lol I love building up suspense!!!!
Sorry to hear your grandfather-in-law isn't doing well. We are a patient lot, even though we tease, take your time...
Although I must say I am quite curious about the other break-downs!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 8:46 am

Ok, here are some GMR pix!!! enjoy!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 03, 2011 9:02 am

Nice pics of the GMR yodiwan! I've been trying for a long time to get a good photo of Dorothy and the guys on the yellow brick road, but it always comes out a little fuzzy. Nice job :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 03, 2011 10:12 am

Funny... there are no pics of Tarzan. haha... Enjoying it, keep it up bud!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 10:17 am

Your GMR pics are totally fab! Love them!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 10:27 am

and all of it done..without a flash!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 03, 2011 12:25 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:and all of it done..without a flash!!!!
I suppose it is easier when you are stationary ;) The last time Mom and I rode Universe of Energy this lady a row in front of us kept taking flash picture after flash picture of the dinosaurs :shock: I had my camera out since I was going to try to take a few pictures (with no flash!) but people kept turning around and giving everyone in the back few rows a dirty look since no one knew where the flashes were coming from so I gave up and put my camera away :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 03, 2011 12:47 pm

NaCler wrote:Funny... there are no pics of Tarzan. haha... Enjoying it, keep it up bud!
I was expecting some pics of Rick and Ilsa at the plane too!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Ok, so i will try to get more in now. I realized i went a bit our of order. Before TGMR, We actually went on the Backlot Tour. We had a blast on it! Unlike last trip, they actually had volunteers for the harbor seen. It hasn't changed anytime recently, but my friends had never done it. I still love seeing all of the Star Wars vehicles, and movie props. I'm not sure how to get it on here, but I did get great video of Catastrophe Canyon. Once off of those attractions we went to the Magic of Animation building.(oh we also had lunch at the place in between Indy and Star Tours, free refills on fountain beverages!!!) Since there was an hour...yes an hour, wait for it, we decided to skip it. Now, here is where my day got weird. Normally, i would not bore you all with a bathroom break, but this was a bit insane. I know it doesn't sound wonderful, but we all need to go number 2 sometimes. This was one of those times. While in the RR, I smelt smoke! Then I realized it was cigarette smoke. I asked if anyone was smoking and I got this reply, " Yeah I am, and what the F%*$ are you gonna do about it A-hole!" I was shocked! I responded, well sir, this is a non smoking place, and there is no need to react like that. His response, " Oh yeah, how about I know you the BLEEP out?" I said are you being serious? He says yes. I say no prob I am calling security. I call my wife and instruct her to get someone that works there. 2 min. goes by and there is a knock on my stall! It ends op being my other friend who is a big guy like myself saying there was no one there and I can come out. I then leave and don't see anyone waiting for me. I did notice one guy staring at me as he listened to e tell the story to my wife again. I figured this was the guy and once he saw I was not a small guy he had second thoughts.(I played hockey in college, and football in high school). The rest of the day was pretty average. Star Tours, Pizza Planet, American Idol Experience, Star tours again, Toy Story mania, and Fantasmic. We actually really enjoyed AIE. The singers were pretty good, and the host was humorous. I will post a few pics now. Enjoy!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 3:29 pm

if you click on the second Canyon shot it should open up the video...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Wow! Is nothing sacred anymore!?!?!? I can't believe you got that reaction from that guy! :shock: Glad that nothing serious happened though...

Those pics are all fabulous and I can't wait to see the rest!!!

Is that a pic of you and your family on TSM?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Pain in the *sses come in all sizes and shapes! I thought cigarettes were suppose to make you more calm, not wired up and hostile?!?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 03, 2011 3:55 pm

i am the main one in the pic, my wife has half her face cut off, and my friends who are dating are in teh back. There will be better pics of all of us in my next segmant...MK morning!!!!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Aug Wed 03, 2011 4:30 pm

I am loving your trip report! Great pics and photos too. You were right there in the action. WOW!!! It's a shame he did not get caught. That would be one less not so magical person at WDW.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Mouseoholic.