Cousininmiami's WDW Trip!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Cousininmiami's WDW Trip!

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Sat 09, 2011 7:19 am

Well... We're here! 3 1/2 hours up the road from Miami (half in the rain yuck), and checked into our resort! Unpacked for the 10 day trip and tried to sleep. We are up and ready for our first day, Hollywood Studios and the new Star Tours! TTFN
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Cousininmiami's WDW Trip!

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 09, 2011 9:10 am

cousininmiami wrote:Well... We're here! 3 1/2 hours up the road from Miami (half in the rain yuck), and checked into our resort! Unpacked for the 10 day trip and tried to sleep. We are up and ready for our first day, Hollywood Studios and the new Star Tours! TTFN
Yay! We ended up at DHS on our first day/evening as well. Glad your trip went smoothly so far. Which resort are you staying in this trip?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Awesome!! Do keep us informed and make sure to take lots of pictures! :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Sat 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Unfortunately, cousininmiami, there's still more rain to come... :(

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Good on the rain!! It'll cut down on that nasty humidity!

I adore going to the parks in a monsoon.... umbrella and poncho-less, at that. :shock:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sat 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Good on the rain!! It'll cut down on that nasty humidity!

I adore going to the parks in a monsoon.... umbrella and poncho-less, at that. :shock:
That's the way the true diehards do it. I never believe in using the poncho or umbrella. cousininmiami can vouch for that as well. We ran into each other last year when I was soaking wet following a pretty bad downpour!

Hope you manage to stay dry and the storms skip around WDW. I can't wait to see the daily updates of this trip!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 10, 2011 12:18 am

Len90 wrote:

That's the way the true diehards do it. I never believe in using the poncho or umbrella. cousininmiami can vouch for that as well. We ran into each other last year when I was soaking wet following a pretty bad downpour!

Hope you manage to stay dry and the storms skip around WDW. I can't wait to see the daily updates of this trip!
Oh thank goodness, I'm not crazy! :wink: Hearing this from you, Len, reassures me I wasn't a nut for running around without an umbrella all the time.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Sun 10, 2011 8:01 am

Len90 wrote:

Amen to that!!! No ponchos or umbrellas for this trooper either...

Keep the updates coming cousin... :)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Updates for those of us here? Nah, just kidding, hope the trip is going well so far and you're having a blast!!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Len90 wrote:

Oh thank goodness, I'm not crazy! :wink: Hearing this from you, Len, reassures me I wasn't a nut for running around without an umbrella all the time.
Oh I love Disney in the rain too! I think AK is the best int he rain. With all of the natural surroundings you feel as if you are really in a foreign, far away place.

Have fun!

Mouseoholic!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Give cousininmiami some time, people. When you get back from a trip, there seems like there's a thousand things that have to get done upon return...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:37 pm

...and she's still there, isn't she? I'm impressed that she even graced us with her presence!!! I know you're having a blast cousin!!! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:54 am

MmeLeota wrote:...and she's still there, isn't she? I'm impressed that she even graced us with her presence!!! I know you're having a blast cousin!!! :D
Yeah, I think they are still there too. Remember this was a childless vacation too, so they are probably really taking the time to stop and smell the roses this time around :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:49 am

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:...and she's still there, isn't she? I'm impressed that she even graced us with her presence!!! I know you're having a blast cousin!!! :D
Yeah, I think they are still there too. Remember this was a childless vacation too, so they are probably really taking the time to stop and smell the roses this time around :D
I hope they remembered to have someone come by their house and put out a bowl of food and a bowl of water so the kids won't starve and dehydrate... :wink: :lol:

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Mon 18, 2011 11:53 am

OK............. I'm back and had the time of my life!!! We did all and everything. I took 1264 pictures, and several movies! No, I'm not crazy, I just love Disney!

The highlight of the trip was the three tours we took... Segway around World Showcase, Wild Africa Trek, and Undiscovered Future World!! We ate only in the parks and the resorts and never went off property. I truely cannot be sad after my trip because I have so much to do with the pictures, movies and souvenirs!!!!!

I also have a ton to do at work to catch up, so I am writing just a little now. I will catch up throughout the week. I actually kept a Disney diary with my so I wrote in longhand what we did because it was so much and I knew it would be too hard to remember. Disney dreams to everyone, I will write more later!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°