Annual passes expiring...

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Annual passes expiring...

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 17, 2011 1:11 pm

2 of my fav 3 at Epcot! Lucky girl!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Jun Fri 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I know! We have had an AP for a year now because we were at WDW several times. Ours expire Thanksgiving-ish and we will not renew. So sad.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Mon 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Being from Miami, we have Annual passes now, but not all the time! Over the years we have let them expire, and gone a year or two without them here and there. It's not a problem!!! You will get Annual passes again, and you will go to Disney World again! We have found that sometimes it's better to let them go, and not renew because maybe it's six months before you go again, then your annual "year" is for a much better time. Besides... starting a family??? Wow, imagine a whole new set of experiences and pictures of your family!

As for the last day and no Disney passes??? Not a problem. go to the resorts, ride the Monorail, shop in Downtown Disney... all just as fun! And I am certain that if you tell Disney about your story, and you get to the right person, a table at Le Cellier might become available for you!

PS... our annuals expire on August 1st, and we are not renewing until our next trip, maybe Christmas or maybe not even until next year!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Mon 20, 2011 1:52 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Do cast memebrs still get discounts on tickets? I may be coming up in October for my 10 year college program re-union.
My girlfriend says 20% off. I don't know if it includes Annual, Seasonal passes, though.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Jun Thu 23, 2011 8:11 pm

We have had AP's for the past year because of planned trips. Ours will be expiring at the end of our Thanksgiving trip and it saddens me greatly.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:46 pm

It's always so sad when your AP expires. We let ours expire this past year because we knew we need to travel somewhere else this year. So we went to Canada and visited Niagara Falls. I was sick over it but, there it was....We needed to expand our "Horizons" lol, get it... :lol:

So we expanded our "Horizons" and you are going to expand your family :D It's all worth it in the end. On the bright side, we will get to meet you in January!

Mouseoholic!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I remember we had APs when we lived in Tampa... made quite good use of them too! Except my dad never figured out AP holders park for free... :roll:

You'll be there the 29th?? So will I, that's my final day! It'll be at Epcot, of course, with dinner in the UK.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Thu 21, 2011 6:41 am

AAAAGGHH!!!!! My thread was hit by SPAM!!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 21, 2011 12:44 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:AAAAGGHH!!!!! My thread was hit by SPAM!!!!
What spam?!?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Thu 21, 2011 1:18 pm

lol it's gone now I reported i....there wa some weird post here yesterday.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I contacted ACP earlier to remove all of Sciexenue's spam posts and to terminate the user too... :mrgreen:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Thu 10, 2011 8:41 pm

My pass expires in five days (Nov 15.) I have been traveling to Orlando from Phoenix regularly for work and loved being able to pop in for an evening of magic on each trip. But to tell the truth, I think I might wait a bit before renewing. First, not sure when the next visit is, so the $40 discount for renewing may not be enough to lock me into keeping the pass alive. I mean, if I don't go back for three months, I might be better off getting the pass at full price in February and having it be valid until Feb 2013.

Second, I was thinking of how I use the pass and might be able to hold off even longer on the next visit or two by just doing non-park Disney things. Often I like wandering through the resorts even more than going into a park (especially if it is crowded and hot.)

The only concern I have is that I know the day my pass expires I will feel the stress of knowing I cannot just walk into the park at any time!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 10, 2011 8:46 pm

horizons1 wrote:My pass expires in five days (Nov 15.) I have been traveling to Orlando from Phoenix regularly for work and loved being able to pop in for an evening of magic on each trip. But to tell the truth, I think I might wait a bit before renewing. First, not sure when the next visit is, so the $40 discount for renewing may not be enough to lock me into keeping the pass alive. I mean, if I don't go back for three months, I might be better off getting the pass at full price in February and having it be valid until Feb 2013.

Second, I was thinking of how I use the pass and might be able to hold off even longer on the next visit or two by just doing non-park Disney things. Often I like wandering through the resorts even more than going into a park (especially if it is crowded and hot.)

The only concern I have is that I know the day my pass expires I will feel the stress of knowing I cannot just walk into the park at any time!
Wow ~ valid thoughts. If you like wandering through the resorts, and possibly downtown Disney, you might do better by waiting. I'm trying to figure out what to do with our 10 day park hopper tickets. It will cost a small fortune to purchase the non-expiration option, but if we roll them into another AP, then we are locked in to visiting in the next year. Not a bad thing I know, but this trip wasn't the best choice financially this time around so I can't imagine next year would be better...

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Fri 11, 2011 9:31 am

We for sure play the Annual pass game. :shock: Once they expire, we do not renew until the next trip, period. Then on top of that, we usually will buy Annual Seasonal passes. They are significantly less expensive, but are not good during two weeks at Christmas, I think a couple weeks at Easter and about 9 weeks during the summer. So, then if we end up on another trip during the blackout times, we simply upgrade at that time. I guess we kind of sneak up on the price gradually! 8-)

Now this last time of Annuals, they expired this past July. We did not renew them. But we are going this December prior to the blackout periods, so we are buying Seasonal Annual passes this time. So we will be good for another whole year, and will most likely upgrade next summer sometime. :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 11, 2011 9:53 am

cousininmiami wrote:We for sure play the Annual pass game. :shock: Once they expire, we do not renew until the next trip, period. Then on top of that, we usually will buy Annual Seasonal passes. They are significantly less expensive, but are not good during two weeks at Christmas, I think a couple weeks at Easter and about 9 weeks during the summer. So, then if we end up on another trip during the blackout times, we simply upgrade at that time. I guess we kind of sneak up on the price gradually! 8-)

Now this last time of Annuals, they expired this past July. We did not renew them. But we are going this December prior to the blackout periods, so we are buying Seasonal Annual passes this time. So we will be good for another whole year, and will most likely upgrade next summer sometime. :D
Sounds like you've got it figured out pretty well ~ plus you are going at Christmastime this year which is awesome :D