Annual passes expiring...

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Annual passes expiring...

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Well, at the end of July my annuals expire, and my wife and i will not be renewing. We are planning on starting a family this upcoming year, and need to save some money. We planned our last trip for July 29-31, with the passes expiring on the 31st. We made reservations to have lunch at Le Cellier on our last day right before driving back home. As we are making more reservations last night we are slapped in the face by horrible news. OUR PASSES EXPIRE ON THE 30TH!!!! No more seatings available and our trip cut short by one day.. AARRGGH!!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Annual passes expiring...

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 15, 2011 3:40 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Well, at the end of July my annuals expire, and my wife and i will not be renewing. We are planning on starting a family this upcoming year, and need to save some money. We planned our last trip for July 29-31, with the passes expiring on the 31st. We made reservations to have lunch at Le Cellier on our last day right before driving back home. As we are making more reservations last night we are slapped in the face by horrible news. OUR PASSES EXPIRE ON THE 30TH!!!! No more seatings available and our trip cut short by one day.. AARRGGH!!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!
Awww, that is a shame. You should explain your situation to Le Cellier and see if they will make a special accommodation for you on your last day! Having to cut your trip short by one day is really disappointing too :( Can you go one day earlier instead?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I wish we could leave earlier. Both my wife and I had a hard enough time getting Friday off. It won't be our last trip up there, just last for a while. I am a huge Epcot fan, and the only one in the group I'm going with ad now we have no time for it. Oh well. Since our friends still have their passes we are going to play mini golf and use their discount at DTD instead.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Oh yodiwan!!! What a bummer! At least you will be able to make one last trip...I remember the feeling very well. :(

I also wish you the best in your journey into a new chapter of your lives. May you be blessed!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 15, 2011 4:48 pm

That is such a bummer. I do hope you make the best of your trip regardless!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Yodiwan: am I hearing you coughing from you? :shock: :? No way you could be coming down with something that will make you ill...I dunno...just one day before you go on vacation? Horrible timing. Shame your wife got ill the same day too. Nasty little bug (I think it's called Disneytrip-itis)... :wink: 8-) :mickey:

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 15, 2011 9:04 pm

lolo thanks mindflipper, my wife and I needed a laugh!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey, your health is important, and if you have to take an extra day off from work for your health - how can it be a problem at work? Also, sometimes you need go away some where peaceful to recuperate (like Disney World for example)...

...get well soon, Yodiwan. :wink: :mickey: :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Thu 16, 2011 8:31 am

Hey, yodiwan. Not gonna guarantee anything but my girlfriend works at Epcot and could possibly get you in the park(s) for free on the 31st. We won't know her schedule until July 24th but if you have later reservations for Le Cellier (late lunch/dinner), she could get you in earlier than that. I'm not too sure on the cancellation policy as I've never had to cancel any reservations I've made so keep it for now and we can hopefully figure out the logistics of how this could work.

Again, no guarantees, but we'll try!!!
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 17, 2011 8:28 am

wow madeye, that would be amazing...but we already cancelled the reservations...=( But thanks!!! Do cast memebrs still get discounts on tickets? I may be coming up in October for my 10 year college program re-union.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Fri 17, 2011 8:35 am

yodiwan1 wrote:wow madeye, that would be amazing...but we already cancelled the reservations...=( But thanks!!! Do cast memebrs still get discounts on tickets? I may be coming up in October for my 10 year college program re-union.
Well that sucks... They still have some times available if you change your mind. And I don't remember if they do or not. Haven't had to buy tickets in a long time.
― Dr. Seuss

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 17, 2011 9:42 am

We already had our friends change their plans now. SO while I would absolutely love to take you up on that I can't anymore. We are meeting my friends daughter for lunch now instead, and if I cancelled on him I would feel horrible. What does your gf do in Epcot? I have always wanted to work there! I was stuck at MK.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 17, 2011 10:32 am

Yodiwan, have you thought about trying for a different time there? You should re-check regularly. I remember when I had ADR's for Christmas Day we had a time we didn't like. I re-checked frequently for a month after I made the ADR's, and eventually there was a cancellation that allowed us to move to the time we wanted. Cancellations do happen; so there's a chance that a time you thought is not available could open up between now and then.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 17, 2011 11:58 am

the only problem is now we are not going to Epcot. We had set that last day set aside for Epcot so my wife and friends can see Fantasmic Sat. night and Wishes Friday night. DOH!!!!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Fri 17, 2011 12:20 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:We already had our friends change their plans now. SO while I would absolutely love to take you up on that I can't anymore. We are meeting my friends daughter for lunch now instead, and if I cancelled on him I would feel horrible. What does your gf do in Epcot? I have always wanted to work there! I was stuck at MK.
She works at Test Track and Spaceship Earth. Also a trainer at both.
― Dr. Seuss