Very First SOLO Trip... aka Official Vacation 7

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Very First SOLO Trip... aka Official Vacation 7

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 30, 2011 11:45 am

Soarin08 wrote:Sorry I've not yet written anything yet. It's been a little nuts...

But actually, about a 99.9% chance I'm flying down Friday so I'll have to add that in if I do. I heard Halloween decor went up yesterday, anyone want to confirm? I've... never been when it's decorated for my favourite holiday. :oops:
No ~ Halloween decorations are up already?! :shock:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 30, 2011 12:43 pm

That's what I read on my Disney blog, someone posted that the Magic Kingdom was getting its Halloween decor put up overnight on the 29th.

Yes, apparently they are up. I checked another Disney site. Supposedly they are always up starting between 27 August-1 September every year.

Either way, I will be excited to see it this weekend if I go. Never been in September or October.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Thu 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Okay, going NEXT WEEKEND, the 9th-13th, so I'll be adding that on to my eventual report. Okay. That's all.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Fri 02, 2011 6:14 am

Soarin08 wrote:That's what I read on my Disney blog, someone posted that the Magic Kingdom was getting its Halloween decor put up overnight on the 29th.

Yes, apparently they are up. I checked another Disney site. Supposedly they are always up starting between 27 August-1 September every year.

Either way, I will be excited to see it this weekend if I go. Never been in September or October.
I'll confirm that the park had lots of decor up on Aug 31st. It had to go up either overnight on the 29th or the 30th. Merchandise started being set on the 23rd with WOD changing the main room over fro
40th/2011 to Halloween overnight on the 23rd.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Fri 02, 2011 8:25 am

Doesn't the Not-so-Scarey night parties actually begin sometime in September?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 12:26 am

mindflipper wrote:Doesn't the Not-so-Scarey night parties actually begin sometime in September?
According to a former coworker, the first party is the 13th, the day I fly home. I plan on going to one next year when I can get the 50% tickets in advance.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 03, 2011 8:39 am

Soarin08 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Doesn't the Not-so-Scarey night parties actually begin sometime in September?
According to a former coworker, the first party is the 13th, the day I fly home. I plan on going to one next year when I can get the 50% tickets in advance.
Are you really flying home on the 13th?! ;)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
Are you really flying home on the 13th?! ;)
Yes because I start classes the next day! :mrgreen: I have no choice this time.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Soarin08 wrote: Are you really flying home on the 13th?! ;)
Yes because I start classes the next day! :mrgreen: I have no choice this time.[/quote]
You can always have what happened to me and end up flying back while your first day of classes is going on. I will warn you though that you might be extra cranky going to class the day after you fly home.

The way both of our trips went I almost though for sure our dates would cross paths!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Len90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Yes because I start classes the next day! :mrgreen: I have no choice this time.
You can always have what happened to me and end up flying back while your first day of classes is going on. I will warn you though that you might be extra cranky going to class the day after you fly home.
The way both of our trips went I almost though for sure our dates would cross paths!
Did Rutgers end up starting classes on time Len? Did you miss any classes? I would think the professors would be understanding given the weather and conditions around the area...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Yes because I start classes the next day! :mrgreen: I have no choice this time.
Did Rutgers end up starting classes on time Len? Did you miss any classes? I would think the professors would be understanding given the weather and conditions around the area...
Don't want to hijack the thread but yes rutgers started on time and I missed two classes. The first one started while I was on the plane and the second one started when I was first walking into my home. I'll talk to the professors next week and see what they say.
- Len90

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Len90 wrote: You can always have what happened to me and end up flying back while your first day of classes is going on. I will warn you though that you might be extra cranky going to class the day after you fly home.

Well technically classes will already be going on when I fly home but since it's still add/drop for the students, it won't really affect anything.

I'll be extra cranky that week anyway.... no, not cranky. Just sad. :( I'll have a hard time walking into a certain location in a certain park for a long time without getting upset... which puts a big damper on my dream of being a merchandise manager over there on my internship this winter. It'd be too hard for me to do emotionally.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Len90 wrote: You can always have what happened to me and end up flying back while your first day of classes is going on. I will warn you though that you might be extra cranky going to class the day after you fly home.
Well technically classes will already be going on when I fly home but since it's still add/drop for the students, it won't really affect anything.
I'll be extra cranky that week anyway.... no, not cranky. Just sad. :( I'll have a hard time walking into a certain location in a certain park for a long time without getting upset... which puts a big damper on my dream of being a merchandise manager over there on my internship this winter. It'd be too hard for me to do emotionally.
:( I hope things look up for you this next trip! We can't have your dreams smooshed!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
:( I hope things look up for you this next trip! We can't have your dreams smooshed!
Let's put it this way, after the 16th of September, a piece of my life is going to be smooshed. :(

thatdarncat
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by thatdarncat » Sep Tue 13, 2011 3:37 pm

dang soarin..... just got back a couple days ago. went down for a couple days and spent some time at the wilderness lodge villas. nice when the park is so quiet. except no one told me about stroller week....!!!
every third pair of people had a stroller in tow and two little ones besides! have been to the park three times in the last year. hope to go once more this fall. kinda off topic but reservations to hoop de doo review... (called something else now) and the ppoly show could be gotten right up to show time.