Very First SOLO Trip... aka Official Vacation 7

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: Very First SOLO Trip... aka Official Vacation 7

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sat 06, 2011 11:48 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:My mouth is watering for that Grey Goose freeze! :shock:

I don't drink a lot, but every now and then I just gotta have one!

We have a lot of mormons in my neck of the woods too Soarin...most of my friends in HS were considered "cultural"...I couldn't believe some of the things they told me! :shock:
One of the best things I've ever had in my life! That and the pina colava... :mrgreen:

So today I was at Port Orleans French Quarter wandering around and this girl is in the lobby just staring me down... finally she says she thought she knew me and it turned out to be one of my good friends from my 2009 CP! She looked so different though I didn't recognise her- not bad different, though.
Good thing she was friendly....I was worried when you said someone was staring you down :shock:
Yeah, but I guess she was trying to place where she knew me from.

Today and tomorrow and then I have to leave!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I don't want to!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 06, 2011 3:11 pm

You did have a good run though. A total of 17 or 18 days if your trip ticker is counting right. Plus you know you will be back there very soon! Enjoy your last few days :D

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Aug Sun 07, 2011 12:05 am

this thread is awesome. i myself have considered solo trips. the one part that kinda sucks is meals because you basically cant eat at a sit down restaurant unless you want to stare at other tables and feel akward the whole time. but there are definately some nice aspects too.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 07, 2011 12:08 am

Amy wrote:You did have a good run though. A total of 17 or 18 days if your trip ticker is counting right. Plus you know you will be back there very soon! Enjoy your last few days :D
Actually... Tuesday. :D The people I'm staying with have to work Monday and I didn't want them rushing to MCO then rushing over to the All Stars. They're off on Tuesday so I just did a little changing...

I find sit-down meals to be awkward at times, depends on where you dine and who you get for a server. I used to dine at Rose and Crown frequently on my first CP (big surprise) and I was always alone, yet the same girl always waited on me so I always had someone to talk to.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 07, 2011 1:25 am

You know it keeps getting 1 day longer. For all we know you can still be down there on the 19th LOL!!!

Definitely one of the longer visits to the world that I have ever witnessed and it seems like overall you had a blast. Just think that you are always one day closer to your goal of moving out there!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 07, 2011 1:55 am

Len90 wrote:You know it keeps getting 1 day longer. For all we know you can still be down there on the 19th LOL!!!

Definitely one of the longer visits to the world that I have ever witnessed and it seems like overall you had a blast. Just think that you are always one day closer to your goal of moving out there!
I would if I did not have a concert planned this coming Saturday that I've had the ticket for since February!! :mrgreen: 11th row floor center seat to see Josh Groban, who I ADORE, I can't pass it up.

I should start the report soon...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 07, 2011 8:10 am

masterj345 wrote:this thread is awesome. i myself have considered solo trips. the one part that kinda sucks is meals because you basically cant eat at a sit down restaurant unless you want to stare at other tables and feel akward the whole time. but there are definately some nice aspects too.
Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:You did have a good run though. A total of 17 or 18 days if your trip ticker is counting right. Plus you know you will be back there very soon! Enjoy your last few days :D
Actually... Tuesday. :D The people I'm staying with have to work Monday and I didn't want them rushing to MCO then rushing over to the All Stars. They're off on Tuesday so I just did a little changing...
I find sit-down meals to be awkward at times, depends on where you dine and who you get for a server. I used to dine at Rose and Crown frequently on my first CP (big surprise) and I was always alone, yet the same girl always waited on me so I always had someone to talk to.
I don't dine out frequently by myself but that is one of those things I have never minded. I enjoy having some peace and quiet and I can take in my surroundings and be quite content dining alone.
Too bad you can't change your concert ticket Soarin', you really are close to being able to meet Len and his family at WDW!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Mon 08, 2011 12:03 am

Can't change the concert, sadly... this is my only chance to go this year and I hate to give it up. If only I could get a flight back for cheap the day after or so, I'd be okay. But not happening unless I win the lottery tomorrow. :(

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Guess who's back in Idaho? Unfortunately, yes, that would be me. :cry: So about to get on this report!!

And fingers crossed, one and all... Southwest. Sale. $250 roundtrip to Orlando. 23 August - 13 September. Going to beg my dad later to go halves with me. My roommate and I agreed it would be best if I went back before I go crazy (think The Shining here). I can alert my manager with plenty of notice for work... so yeah. Okay. Off to Photobucket to get down to business!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Guess who's back in Idaho? Unfortunately, yes, that would be me. :cry: So about to get on this report!!

And fingers crossed, one and all... Southwest. Sale. $250 roundtrip to Orlando. 23 August - 13 September. Going to beg my dad later to go halves with me. My roommate and I agreed it would be best if I went back before I go crazy (think The Shining here). I can alert my manager with plenty of notice for work... so yeah. Okay. Off to Photobucket to get down to business!
Glad you made it home safely ~ And you're going back this soon? Wow! That is awesome! You're lucky you can get that much time off work :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Guess who's back in Idaho? Unfortunately, yes, that would be me. :cry: So about to get on this report!!

Glad you made it home safely ~ And you're going back this soon? Wow! That is awesome! You're lucky you can get that much time off work :D
Well considering I don't have a job here, it's beyond easy! :mrgreen: I'm going to see about going to Saratoga to get some shifts. It was too short of notice last time for me to pick up.

I don't know, my roommate and I both are going nuts... we love each other and each other's company (you know what I mean!) but summer here is a drag. There's nothing to do, nowhere to go, and it's never warm. BLAH. I have all the blinds jerked up and the windows open now- I'm literally craving sunshine after being in it for so many days. You should see my tan!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Well considering I don't have a job here, it's beyond easy! :mrgreen: I'm going to see about going to Saratoga to get some shifts. It was too short of notice last time for me to pick up.

I don't know, my roommate and I both are going nuts... we love each other and each other's company (you know what I mean!) but summer here is a drag. There's nothing to do, nowhere to go, and it's never warm. BLAH. I have all the blinds jerked up and the windows open now- I'm literally craving sunshine after being in it for so many days. You should see my tan!
Oh, I misread that as you asking for time off instead of asking for time to spend at work in WDW! Hopefully you can pick up some shifts then ~ we could see your tan if you would post some photos in your trip report ;) Including some lovely British men perhaps?! :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Well considering I don't have a job here, it's beyond easy! :mrgreen: I'm going to see about going to Saratoga to get some shifts. It was too short of notice last time for me to pick up.

Oh, I misread that as you asking for time off instead of asking for time to spend at work in WDW! Hopefully you can pick up some shifts then ~ we could see your tan if you would post some photos in your trip report ;) Including some lovely British men perhaps?! :lol:
No photos of the guys, sorry... :mrgreen: They were working all the time! Besides, I felt weird asking them if I could have photos with them, you know? It's a bit awkward even if I am good friends with many of them.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:

No photos of the guys, sorry... :mrgreen: They were working all the time! Besides, I felt weird asking them if I could have photos with them, you know? It's a bit awkward even if I am good friends with many of them.
What? We've been waiting patiently for all this time and there will be no gorgeous Brit photos?! Harumph :evil:
;) :lol: Anyhow, we can still see how tan you are Soarin'!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Wed 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey, you saw Mr. Brit on Facebook, that should work for now!! :mrgreen: My flip flops especially tanned lines on my feet. I LOVE IT!! I have like 900 photos so this will be fun.