Duffy visits world Showcase

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Duffy visits world Showcase

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello friends! My name is Duffy and I took a whirlwind trip around EPCOT's World Showcase a few months ago. I wanted to share my trip through some photos. I don't have a Subsonic account yet so I asked my dear friend Amy to help me out.
Oh, and please excuse my pale pallor, I'm wearing my winter whites. Hee-hee!
I was lucky enough to be chosen to try a new souvenir system being considered by Disney. They actually dressed me up in a native costume, took my photo in each country and made it into a stamp! They tell me that if it gets a positive enough response, they will add it to the World Showcase permanently! Does anyone know if they are still giving out Duffy stamps?!
Oh, by the way, since I have seen it discussed here on the forum, I decided to start my tour in a counter-clockwise direction :D

Le Cellier was fully booked, over booked in fact, but I got a cup of soup to enjoy before I headed in to watch the movie

Here I am waiting for the Oh Canada film to begin

I don't think I got a stamp in Canada :( I was too busy singing along with the magnificent song at the end of the film :D

I stopped in the United Kingdom for a quick stop at the Rose and Crown. I've heard Jacca and MmeLeota, and well, I guess a whole bunch of subsonicers really like this place :D

Here is my United Kingdom stamp, pretty nice, eh? Oops, now that I am out of Canada, I suppose I don't need to tag on the "eh" anymore :lol: I tried to pick up a phrase in each pavilion. I know, I think I'll use it to describe my stamp from each country!

Oo-la-la! I spy Marie!

Here is my fancy (fantaisie) French stamp ~ nice, no?

I love the Moroccan pavilion, it is so beautiful, or حسناء in Arabic.

Hello (こんにちは) from Japan! Somehow I feel oddly at home in this pavilion, hmmmm...

I almost let my animal instincts get the best of me when I spotted the koi, but it really was too chilly to go for a swim!

Here is my lovely (美しい) Japan stamp

Ahhh, the American Adventure! I love this attraction!

Here is my American stamp ~ it is awesome!

Here I am balancing Spaceship Earth on one paw ~ just like the Harlem Globetrotters ;) :lol:

Mmmmm, the Italian Pavilion is home to my favorite restaurant, Via Napoli...delizioso!

Here is my beautiful (bello) Italian stamp, I love my gondolier outfit!

Gutentag from Germany!

Here is my wonderful (wunderbar) Germany stamp. Unfortunately I had a little zu viel getrunken and they let me stamp this one myself ~ oops! :lol:

This nutcracker was almost as tall as me :shock:

Ahh, my favorite refreshing beverage stop near the African pavilion ~ I think it is called the Outpost (buitepos)?

Nihao (你好) from China

My great (偉大) China stamp

Sadly by the time I reached Mexico, I had run out of space on my digital media...so, I guess I have no stamps from either end of the World Showcase this trip around. If they are still giving out stamps when I go back, I'll have to fill in the gap in my collection!

I hope you enjoyed my photo trip report! Thanks for coming along for a quick tour of the World Showcase with me :mrgreen:
Last edited by Amy on Apr Sun 10, 2011 8:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Duffy visits world Showcase

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Fri 08, 2011 8:04 pm

:lol: Please share more of your adventures, Duffy!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote::lol: Please share more of your adventures, Duffy!
I hope to get back to WDW sometime this fall Polynesian Princess. Rest assured I'll be tackling a different part of the park that time around! ;)
EDIT: Oh my goodness, I just realized I didn't even make it all the way around World Showcase yet :shock:
Here are some more photos for you Poly ~ since you asked so nicely :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Ok, so here is my birthday stamp from China ~ I kept telling them I was a bear, but I guess I was born in the year of the Dog :?

Greetings (hilsener) from Norway

Here is my cute (søt) stamp from Norway ~ I like my Viking helmet!

And I guess I did get a Mexico stamp made of me, just no photos of me in the pavilion :(
Anyhow, here is my interesting (interesante) stamp from Mexico Image

Ok, I really do think that is all from this trip then. Maybe I need to get a new helper...Amy thought I was all done after the first post too :roll: I guess you can't be picky when a friend is volunteering their time to help you ;)

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Fri 08, 2011 10:26 pm

They are cute! :lol: Maybe next time he'll get a tan and won't be so pale. ;)
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Sat 09, 2011 7:26 pm

No comment... ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sat 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:They are cute! :lol: Maybe next time he'll get a tan and won't be so pale. ;)
Almost ghostly white...

Yeh, he did look like a "ghost" of himself - did someone kill Duffy the Bear and he came back as a ghost? There's a long lists of suspects, but I suspect NaCler is at the top of the list. Probably explains why Duffy "haunts" him so... :wink: :lol:

Maybe the Ghost of Duffy can go the HM over at MK and become the 1,000th ghost? :mrgreen:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 09, 2011 11:31 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:They are cute! :lol: Maybe next time he'll get a tan and won't be so pale. ;)
Almost ghostly white...

Yeh, he did look like a "ghost" of himself - did someone kill Duffy the Bear and he came back as a ghost? There's a long lists of suspects, but I suspect NaCler is at the top of the list. Probably explains why Duffy "haunts" him so... :wink: :lol:

Maybe the Ghost of Duffy can go the HM over at MK and become the 1,000th ghost? :mrgreen:
Perish the thought, Mindflipper! You're giving me nightmares of a 3D Duffy joining the Gus and the gang, :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 09, 2011 11:52 pm

momeja wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Almost ghostly white...
Perish the thought, Mindflipper! You're giving me nightmares of a 3D Duffy joining the Gus and the gang, :shock:
What an awesome idea! Shuffling off to write to TDO....

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Sun 10, 2011 8:04 am

Very cute!
I wonder why he couldn't get his own account here? :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 10, 2011 8:11 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:Very cute!
I can help with that answer, when my good friend Duffy was trying to register here at Subsonic, he came to the question "what is your ethnicity?" He looked and looked, then asked me to look too. Sadly, neither of us could locate the "Bear" box to check, and with his dual citizenship between Japan and the US, that was a little confusing too. So for now, he just uses my account. He is a very polite, well-mannered bear, so I have no concerns about him sharing my account :mrgreen: ;)

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Sun 10, 2011 8:17 am

Amy wrote:
I can help with that answer, when my good friend Duffy was trying to register here at Subsonic, he came to the question "what is your ethnicity?" He looked and looked, then asked me to look too. Sadly, neither of us could locate the "Bear" box to check, and with his dual citizenship between Japan and the US, that was a little confusing too. So for now, he just uses my account. He is a very polite, well-mannered bear, so I have no concerns about him sharing my account :mrgreen: ;)
Oh I thought it was because NaCler was in charge of new accounts. :lol: :lol: :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sun 10, 2011 8:30 am

Amy wrote:
Oh yeah, that's how it starts - polite and well-mannered. Next thing, he's drinking the milk from the carton and forgetting to put it back in the refrigerator. Then he's listening to the stereo too loudly all the time. Soon after that he's having questionable friends over and staying up all night being too loud and you're not getting any sleep. Duffy seems all nice and innocent now, but give him time, he'll become the teddy bear from hell... :wink: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 10, 2011 9:48 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:Oh I thought it was because NaCler was in charge of new accounts. :lol: :lol: :wink:
That is another possible explanation!
mindflipper wrote:Oh yeah, that's how it starts - polite and well-mannered. Next thing, he's drinking the milk from the carton and forgetting to put it back in the refrigerator. Then he's listening to the stereo too loudly all the time. Soon after that he's having questionable friends over and staying up all night being too loud and you're not getting any sleep. Duffy seems all nice and innocent now, but give him time, he'll become the teddy bear from hell... :wink: :lol:
Hmmm, teddy bear from hell ~ now where have I heard that before?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sun 10, 2011 10:10 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Oh yeah, that's how it starts - polite and well-mannered. Next thing, he's drinking the milk from the carton and forgetting to put it back in the refrigerator. Then he's listening to the stereo too loudly all the time. Soon after that he's having questionable friends over and staying up all night being too loud and you're not getting any sleep. Duffy seems all nice and innocent now, but give him time, he'll become the teddy bear from hell... :wink: :lol:
Hmmm, teddy bear from hell ~ now where have I heard that before?!
Beware, the bear is a delinquent. The fluffy cuteness and the sweet adorableness is just an act (or as they would say on Madison Avenue, a Marketing Gimmick)...