The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Amy, you ladies can hijack my thread anytime.

Ok, I need to close out my last trip before I can start a new one right? Here we go...

Background: We promised the kids that if they got straight A's the last nine weeks that they would get a 2 day trip to Disney. Well, they did it! Unfortunately, they only have the seasonal passes so we were not able to go during the summer... no, that would have been too easy. We had to wait for the blackout dates to be over. That just happened to be the last weekend before school started. The plan was to drive down Thursday night after work and come back Saturday evening as we had to be back by Sunday morning.

We left after I got off work on Thursday and drove through the worst rain I have ever driven in which lasted all the way into Daytona Beach. But, as any of you would have done, we pressed on. We checked into our hotel which was All Star Music this time. Once into the room, I promptly turned on the TV to see how my girlfriend Stacey was doing which drew out the groans from my wife (she just doesn't understand). It was time for bed as we had an early morning ressie somewhere we had never been before.

Next Day: Plan is to head to Wilderness Lodge then MK all day.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 28, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm going to try something different in this report. I'm going to go ahead and post the pictures first and let you guys see if you can guess how my day progressed. Then I'll fill in the info later.

I apologize to those of you who follow me on FB or Instagram as you have already seen these.

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Thu 29, 2013 7:43 am

Voltron!!!! I loved Voltron, the Lion Voltron not the Vehicle Voltron.

Oh, great Pics :) And is he texting on the ride :lol:

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Thu 29, 2013 9:52 am

what kind of filter did you have to get the vintage-style pic of cinderellas castle?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 29, 2013 10:17 am

I do follow you on FB and didn't see some of these photos before. Stupid FB feed...
Looking forward to the commentary as well. Loved the pic of your family on Splash Mountain. Easy to tell who the daredevils are and aren't in your family isn't it? ;)
Oh, those mini corn dog nuggets look so delicious! I actually just bought some a few days ago at the store to make at home. Not the same baked in the oven as when they are fried and served in the happiest place on earth though...
And yes, I believe it is mandatory to finish one trip report before embarking on another adventure...which means I have just over 3 months to get my bum in gear and finish mine! :lol:

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Thu 29, 2013 10:39 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:what kind of filter did you have to get the vintage-style pic of cinderellas castle?
Yes, I want to know too.

And mini "flipping" corn dogs!!!!!!!! I need those in my belly now, all that deliciousness!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Thu 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Sorry to disappoint guys but I cheated on that Castle pic. It was taken by my phone and edited by Instagram. I am ashamed. *hanging head*

Bdude - I cannot tell you how many guys stopped me to tell me how much they loved my shirt. In fact, when we were leaving Casey's a CM ran after me yelling for me to stop. When he caught up he started talking about a possible live action Voltron movie that is coming. My wife was so embarrassed.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Thu 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Digging the pictures so far NaCler! Thanks for making me drool all over my keyboard with the DW pic!!!!

Amy, get going on that TR! :wink: I have noooo room to talk, I never posted anything after our '12 1/2 Marathon Trip. (ashamed).

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 9:21 am

NaCler wrote:Sorry to disappoint guys but I cheated on that Castle pic. It was taken by my phone and edited by Instagram. I am ashamed. *hanging head*

Bdude - I cannot tell you how many guys stopped me to tell me how much they loved my shirt. In fact, when we were leaving Casey's a CM ran after me yelling for me to stop. When he caught up he started talking about a possible live action Voltron movie that is coming. My wife was so embarrassed.
what, no SSR shirt in evidence?

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Fri 30, 2013 10:44 am

Now NaCler, if you bust out a Battle of the Planets or Specterman T-shirt you would reach Legendary status :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 30, 2013 11:06 am

Boilerdude wrote:Now NaCler, if you bust out a Battle of the Planets or Specterman T-shirt you would reach Legendary status :D
Battle of the Planets?!? Ouch, B-dude! You're going way back - just how old are you??? :? :wink:

Looking at that tag-line "In Line at Aloha Isle" reminds me of my recent visit back on August 23rd. Did it have the never-ending snaking line! I expect they will eventually have to add the FastPass for people to get Dole Whips in the Future!

I shouldn't joke; after all, they do have FastPass+ for the Be Our Guest/Beauty & Beast restaurant in the new Fantasyland... :shock:

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Fri 30, 2013 12:28 pm

You could always head to the Poly, at Captain Cooks, and do the self serve dole whip.

Born May 12th 1973...Was 5 or 6 when I started to watch that stuff. Just notice your Totter's yard reference for your location, love it. Around the same time I started to watch Dr. Who with Tom Baker.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 12:51 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Boilerdude wrote:Now NaCler, if you bust out a Battle of the Planets or Specterman T-shirt you would reach Legendary status :D
Battle of the Planets?!? Ouch, B-dude! You're going way back - just how old are you??? :? :wink:

Looking at that tag-line "In Line at Aloha Isle" reminds me of my recent visit back on August 23rd. Did it have the never-ending snaking line! I expect they will eventually have to add the FastPass for people to get Dole Whips in the Future!

I shouldn't joke; after all, they do have FastPass+ for the Be Our Guest/Beauty & Beast restaurant in the new Fantasyland... :shock:
you'll have to get that fastpass + three months out, right after the FP+ for starbucks...

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 8:25 pm

lol I have the same Voltron shirt. I forgot if I got it at Target or Walmart! Great pics!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Sat 31, 2013 9:28 am

Love the pictures!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°