The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 10:28 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I was just noticing, never looked before, they had the title wrong for Madden this year, which will now be "Madden 25", which I am sure will confuse people once 2025 rolls around.
Huh?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 26, 2013 1:09 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I was just noticing, never looked before, they had the title wrong for Madden this year, which will now be "Madden 25", which I am sure will confuse people once 2025 rolls around.
Huh?
Random musings from the Wizz ~ aren't you used to that by now?! ;) :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 2:55 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Huh?
Let me expand on this, multi-billion dollar video game franchise for you. :D

Normally, Madden NFL Football titles are followed by the year the season ends, so for example last year's title ended with the number 13. Then for the 25th anniversary of the game, EA made this one "25". Odds are whomever programed the sign did not actually have permission to use the brand since EA and the NFL are crazy litigious about how the game's name is used, placed, etc. Almost as bad as Apple.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Huh?
Let me expand on this, multi-billion dollar video game franchise for you. :D

Normally, Madden NFL Football titles are followed by the year the season ends, so for example last year's title ended with the number 13. Then for the 25th anniversary of the game, EA made this one "25". Odds are whomever programed the sign did not actually have permission to use the brand since EA and the NFL are crazy litigious about how the game's name is used, placed, etc. Almost as bad as Apple.
Ok. I kinda inferred that...

I just didn't have a clue about why you posted that. Amy cleared it up for me though. You just kind of say stuff and babble on.

We'll just put your chair next to the window and give you an afgan for your lap. :D :D :D :D :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 6:41 pm

If you look at the tickers in the Wreck it Ralph section, they were using them as destination, like in the movie. Which could be explained if you didn't see the movie, which would make you a terrible Disney fan. :D

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Mon 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Actually it's not wrong for when NaCler went in October of 2012. Just some speculation on the CM part. It was not announced to be Madden 25 till January 31st of this year.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 8:32 am

Wizzard419 wrote:If you look at the tickers in the Wreck it Ralph section, they were using them as destination, like in the movie. Which could be explained if you didn't see the movie, which would make you a terrible Disney fan. :D
Haven't seen it yet. I've heard it's cute, though.

And I'm not a terrible Disney fan, old man. :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 27, 2013 8:37 pm

cy1229 wrote:....We'll just put your chair next to the window and give you an afgan for your lap. :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cy1229 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:If you look at the tickers in the Wreck it Ralph section, they were using them as destination, like in the movie. Which could be explained if you didn't see the movie, which would make you a terrible Disney fan. :D
Haven't seen it yet. I've heard it's cute, though.
And I'm not a terrible Disney fan, old man. :D
Oh, I read this trip report a long time ago so I really had no idea why you were talking about a video game in NaCler's trip report...now I see, I guess. And I haven't seen the movie yet either, which doesn't make me a terrible Disney fan, just a cheap-not-all-that-interested-in-animated-movies-anymore kind of fan :P

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 8:55 pm

So you're not a horrible fan, just a horrible person? Think of all the people who rely on your purchases, also how poorly paid the Pixar fools/workers are (they seriously pay at least 25% below market rate) and all those kids in China that Disney forces into sweatshop conditions so they can make merch. Shame on you!:D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Wed 28, 2013 7:03 am

Wizzard419 wrote:So you're not a horrible fan, just a horrible person? Think of all the people who rely on your purchases, also how poorly paid the Pixar fools/workers are (they seriously pay at least 25% below market rate) and all those kids in China that Disney forces into sweatshop conditions so they can make merch. Shame on you!:D
You know you're reaching when you pull in the emotional "think of the children" argument. :D :D :D :D

This is off-topic, but I wonder how many people have outgrown animated movies, like Amy, and like me by and large, but still love Disney.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 28, 2013 8:58 am

Wizzard419 wrote:So you're not a horrible fan, just a horrible person? Think of all the people who rely on your purchases, also how poorly paid the Pixar fools/workers are (they seriously pay at least 25% below market rate) and all those kids in China that Disney forces into sweatshop conditions so they can make merch. Shame on you!:D
cy1229 wrote:You know you're reaching when you pull in the emotional "think of the children" argument. :D :D :D :D

This is off-topic, but I wonder how many people have outgrown animated movies, like Amy, and like me by and large, but still love Disney.
I don't think I'm a horrible person either Wizz :roll: Even at 25% below market rate, I would venture to guess those poor Pixar workers are still pulling in a whole lot more than I make in a year. My annual income probably is equal to the lowest paid person's quarterly salary. I won't even touch the sweatshop conditions, starving children in Africa, deplorable dog breeding fascilities, et. all arguments, no one wins there.

We're all a bit off....topic that is ;) but I definitely agree with you cy1229, that there are lots of Disney fans that don't necessarily want to see every movie that comes out, particularly the animated ones. I think people that have younger children probably are more in the loop with those kinds of movies as their children also want to see them.
I actually think of myself more as a Disney music and parks fan. I'm not all that into merchandise, unless it is parks related, or sparkly (my weakness!!), and I rarely see Disney movies anymore, although I am hoping to see Saving Mr. Banks when it comes to the cheap theater (sadly all I can afford because I don't work at Pixar :P). I do love my Disney music though ~ although if I am being honest, I mostly enjoy the parks music...especially this new Future Land stream we have ~ awesome!! I do listen to some of the movie soundtracks as well, but nothing really from the newer movies.

All righty then, back on topic, I wonder when NaCler is going to notice the pirates have taken over his thread?! ;) :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Wed 28, 2013 2:19 pm

I was joking, I would never really call you a horrible person... I would totally call you other things. :D

Pixar folks really don't make jack, they are like Disney where unless you are in upper management you are paid poorly. They rely heavily on "name recognition" and the notion of it being an honor to work there. The parks college program is also a similar issue, apparently they get paid less than their not CP counterparts for the same position in the company.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Wed 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I was joking, I would never really call you a horrible person... I would totally call you other things. :D

Pixar folks really don't make jack, they are like Disney where unless you are in upper management you are paid poorly. They rely heavily on "name recognition" and the notion of it being an honor to work there. The parks college program is also a similar issue, apparently they get paid less than their not CP counterparts for the same position in the company.
Oh sure you would. :wink: :wink: 8-)

I know there are people, like some Subsonic members, who are CM's for a long time, for life even, and do it even though the pay might not be amazing. But I often wonder how many people, especially in creative places like animation or Imagineering, who work for peanuts to get experience with such a highly recognized brand so they can get a really well-paying job. Using the name as a stepping stone, so to speak.

I don't have a problem with that. As far as I can see, it's a win-win. The company gets benefits from the person's input, and the person gets benefits from the company's brand name recognition. There are people who think companies like Disney should be in the business of giving their profit margins away to pay their employees better, and I do wish the pay was a little higher, but it's a tough business world that I for one wouldn't want to have to navigate. Looks like Disney is doing fine.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Wed 28, 2013 2:41 pm

It is basically bullsh*t (and a win only for the company) since it also throws off salaries for an industry. It is also a sign of an abusive system, lower pay, higher turnover/low employee retention. If your manager has the mindset of "All these people will be gone within 12 months" they are going to work differently than if turnover was lower.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I was joking, I would never really call you a horrible person... I would totally call you other things. :D

You're forgiven :mickey: