The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Whoo Hooo... Formal Announcement!

On Thursday, March 24, me and my 2 boys will be flying to Jacksonville to meet-up with family and driving to WDW the next day. We are staying overnight and leaving on Saturday. :( It looks like it will be a mini-family trip as my mom and dad, sister, brother-in-law and kids will all be going as well. It's a long story why my wife and daughter are not joining us, but it basically boils down to priorities here in Maryland. :( BUT, it should be a nice getaway with my boys! I have already created my ticker for this trip. They really like Toy Story, so I thought it was fitting.

Now, on to the BIG ONE...

On Thursday, August 18, we (the WHOLE family this time) will be packing up the Family Truckster (T&C Van) and will be heading to Jacksonville to see some family for a day or two. Yes mindflipper, if we could get together sometime, that would be great. Then on Sunday the 21st we drive down to WDW for a WEEK of MousekeBLISS... We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside (sorry WWDRH) until the 27th. We went with the whole works on this one. Week of passes and even the Dining Plan for the first time. We are thinking of MK for 2 days, the rest of the parks for just 1 day. Unfortunately, no park hoppers since we will have the kids. We are planning on several restaurants that we have not tried, but seem to be child friendly. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Another POSSIBLE trip is in the works for early September, YES only a week or two after the BIG ONE. But this would only be for the weekend and it's for the pin trading/VM trading event called The Florida Project to celebreate 40 years of WDW. Yes, it's that bad... :wink: This would be our "annual" Mother/Son trip and would just be Madre and I.

I really wanted to have 2 tickers, but I had read that subsonic frowns upon more than one and he is THE MAN. So, I'll stick with one at a time... besides, it means that I can leave up our 2010 MM picture.

Any comments/recommendations/criticisms are now requested. Thanks guys... it should be a fun year! :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:00 pm

What restaurants have you selected so far for the big August trip?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:20 pm

mindflipper wrote:What restaurants have you selected so far for the big August trip?
1900 Park Fare for Dinner (Cinderella for my girl)
Mama Melrose for Dinner (my kids LOVE pasta)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge) for Dinner (Other family members just went in January and loved it)
Boatwright's (POR) (Just because it is convenient)
Raglan Road (Heard many good things about this place)

Debating on:
Princess Dinner in Norway
Garden Grill (The Land) for Dinner
Coral Reef (the kids would love the aquariums) for Lunch/Dinner
Chef Mickey's/Tusker House Breakfast
Kona Cafe for Dinner

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:31 pm

I LOVE Kona for dinner - that Teriyaki Steak is amazing! Highly recommend that one!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:58 pm

WOW! Big news NaCler! I'm so excited for you and your family. Sounds like a quick trip to whet the boys appetite, and then some quality family time in August.
Hope it works out for the third trip in September. Please tell me you had bought an AP on your previous trip in December!
I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the ADR restaurants :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 2:04 pm

I know your daughter would probably love the Princess Dinner in Norway - but won't the boys be bored with that?

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Tue 15, 2011 2:19 pm

mindflipper wrote:I know your daughter would probably love the Princess Dinner in Norway - but won't the boys be bored with that?
If the food is more interesting than the whole theming of the place, they might not be - but in general, mindflipper is right - I'd opt for a different restaurant instead of that, unless your daughter bites your head of for not going there :mrgreen:

Three (possible) trips to WDW make me truly wish for living in the US :D I am so jealous because my maximum for this year is one trip that's hopefully taking place sometime in August, too :( But anyway, I'm glad for you!

(Recommendation: Buy a Vinylmation for mindflipper!) :hatter_bounce:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 2:36 pm

mindflipper wrote:I know your daughter would probably love the Princess Dinner in Norway - but won't the boys be bored with that?
Plus, they'll already be dining with the princesses in the castle. We ate breakfast at Norway last March and didn't care for it at all. Even the biscuits tasted funny to me...
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Poly-P - My thoughts EXACTLY... We did the Princess breakfast last year and I was not impressed at all with the food. The Princesses coming to your table was definitely what we paid for with that experience. I don't know if I want to chance a dinner with it as well. Also, we're going to stop at every Princess Meet N Greet we can find and are planning on having Dinner with Cinderella @ 1900 Park Fare. That should be good enough for the Princesses I think.

Arvorenn - I am sorry. I know it must be hard for you to read about all of us and the trips we take. Is there any chance of you getting to DLP at all this year. And don't worry, I'll find the perfect vm for mindflipper. ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 3:45 pm

What I was going to suggest was that if the boys didn't want to go the Princess Meal but they like the Aquarium at the Living Seas, then you could use some extortion by saying if they behaved at the Princess Meal so the daughter could have a good time, then they could eat the next day (or some day afterwards) at the Living Seas as a reward (even though it may have already been on your plans, but let them think they're driving whether or not they get to eat there if they behave).

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Feb Tue 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Wow!!! OK so this is the big one, huh...
Let me first say that I am totally jealous of your hotel choice--of course!
Man--this is going to be awesome. You guys are going to have so much fun.

The only bad part, if you can even call it that...is that this is probably going to "force" me to plan another trip :) :D

Wow, dude, just wow. I am in awe of your ability to get to WDW!
Keep filling us in on the planning process--it helps to scratch my itch.

What a way to make my Tuesday!
:)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Tue 15, 2011 9:32 pm

AWESOME NaCler!!! Sounds like all kinds of fun is in store for you guys! :D

I can only weigh in on one of the restaurants...Garden Grill. We went in 2003 with my in-laws and we loved every minute of it! The menu was BBQ, so that makes it difficult if there are people in your party that don't care for BBQ. But I do remember them having separate choices for the kids as well. I remember "sharing" the mac-n-cheese with my niece. ;) Since the restaurant moves, the atmosphere kept changing. (I'm not sure if it still does or not...) It was a ton of fun and we loved the characters in their country outfits.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 9:41 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Wow!!! OK so this is the big one, huh...

The only bad part, if you can even call it that...is that this is probably going to "force" me to plan another trip :) :D

C'mon, H, fess up - you've already started planning your next trip, so nothing needs to "force" you to do any trip planning... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 15, 2011 9:46 pm

mindflipper wrote:

C'mon, H, fess up - you've already started planning your next trip, so nothing needs to "force" you to do any trip planning... :wink:
He's probably trying to figure out an excuse that he can give to his DW!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Feb Wed 16, 2011 6:44 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:

He's probably trying to figure out an excuse that he can give to his DW!
Silly people---part of planning the trip is coming up with a good way to "sell" the DW on it. :D
:lol:
It's all one in the same.
There's always a trip brewing in the back of my mind...now how to put it into action :)