The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: The Many Adventures of NaCler (& Family)

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Alright. Here are pics of the new Wreck It Ralph area:

The queue area is done really well and the awesome arcade music keeps you entertained while you wait in the long lines that will happen.

And a sneak peek at the new Monsters University... (Side Note) Check out monstersuniversity.com/edu... I think you can really order the merchandise.

Now on to some pics from Animal Kingdom:
My favorite:

And I thought these guys looked really ominous sitting on the sign. I cut out the rest.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Sorry for double posts, but the site crashed.

And here is the best shot I could get of the Zebra as they didn't even slow down. I think there was a pregnant Zebra that was about to go into labor at any time as there were CM's standing around the area watching.

Random AK pics:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 10, 2012 10:04 pm

and down again... must have been that last shot of me!

1st row of the Nemo show. Never been that close and I LOVED it.
No zoom used on these...

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Sat 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Awesome Photos :D :D :D :goofy:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks Goofyfan!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Great photos ~ love the ones from the safari! Do you think the safari trucks were told not to slow down for the zebras so no one would witness a zebra birth? :?
Looks like birthday boy had a great time on Expedition Everest with Daddy :D
Wow ~ how early did you get to Finding Nemo to be in the first row? We might have to try that sometime. That looks cool. Not having to zoom in for photos might be a good thing in that show too! So much action!!
I have a question on the show. I've never really thought about it until now. Do you suppose the CM portraying Marlin always wears glasses as part of his costume, or have I simply seen most of the same cast? Does anyone know how many different casts there are? There would have to be at least two right?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 11, 2012 12:06 am

Not sure on the zebras Amy. They are at the end of the ride, so maybe they were just trying to move us along but it could be that they get aggressive to outsiders if one is in labor, no clue.

I love the pic of me and my boy on Everest. That is his favorite ride of all the parks.

We got into the Nemo show about 20 minutes until show time. No one wanted the first 2 rows because they are so close it seems like the views would be obstructed. But it made for an imersive experience as the actors interacted with us several times during the show. Would definitely do it again. As for the actor playing Marlin. I think it's the same guy I've seen each time. Same with Dory. I think Nemo and Crush are the only ones I've noticed that changed. There seems to be a new Crush every time we see the show.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Nov Mon 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Hey do you think those Hippopotamus are learning the dance from fantasia. First picture of the zebra that we have seen on site good work Nacler.

Those seats you had for the Nemo show were excellent. I will have to see if we can get close to the front next time we go.

Happy singing in the candlelight.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Tue 13, 2012 5:21 pm

As a big BIG fan of retro gaming (ex: my SNES, Genesis and Atari 2600) that Wreck It Ralph Queue area looks (and sounds) to be so RADICAL! MegaMan 2 AND Dig Dug listed in the same space? Dear lord. Gaming gods be praised!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Tue 13, 2012 9:49 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:As a big BIG fan of retro gaming (ex: my SNES, Genesis and Atari 2600) that Wreck It Ralph Queue area looks (and sounds) to be so RADICAL! MegaMan 2 AND Dig Dug listed in the same space? Dear lord. Gaming gods be praised!
Yeah, I was bopping along to the music from the Double Dragon arcade game. I love that one. They really did well on this MnG.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Fri 23, 2012 11:07 pm

After seeing the movie, I am really impressed with the WIR queue!

Well, it's that time. Time to go back to the World. This time it's all business as the Mouse has requested us to come sing for him. Who am I kidding? I will be singing for about 45 minutes, then it's all mayhem after that!

The plan for tomorrow is to leave on the church bus at 10am. We should get to Downtown Disney by 1ish. I'm thinking a drink or two at Raglan Road before we head back stage EPCOT by 2:30p. Then it's box lunch, practice and robe time. Performance at 5p. Then we get released into the park. We have an ADR for San Angel at 7:15p. Out just in time for Illuminations and maybe a Safari Amber during the show. Then maybe some closing time shopping at Mouse Gears as I would love to get a Retro EPCOT shirt. Staying at Pop Century for the night. Sunday is unplanned for now but may include the MK and more New Fantasyland action.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 24, 2012 9:12 am

NaCler wrote:After seeing the movie, I am really impressed with the WIR queue!

Well, it's that time. Time to go back to the World. This time it's all business as the Mouse has requested us to come sing for him. Who am I kidding? I will be singing for about 45 minutes, then it's all mayhem after that!

The plan for tomorrow is to leave on the church bus at 10am. We should get to Downtown Disney by 1ish. I'm thinking a drink or two at Raglan Road before we head back stage EPCOT by 2:30p. Then it's box lunch, practice and robe time. Performance at 5p. Then we get released into the park. We have an ADR for San Angel at 7:15p. Out just in time for Illuminations and maybe a Safari Amber during the show. Then maybe some closing time shopping at Mouse Gears as I would love to get a Retro EPCOT shirt. Staying at Pop Century for the night. Sunday is unplanned for now but may include the MK and more New Fantasyland action.
Sounds like a great time! Got a little planned out for y'all, but some free time as well. How many people are going?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Sun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Wow, has it been this long since I have posted in this thread?

First, let me update from the Candlelight trip. We did have a couple of Kilkenny's Cream Ales from Raglan Road (tied for my favorite beer on property) before heading backstage at EPCOT for rehearsal. We sang and Geena Davis narrated. It all went very well. It was odd being the old people though. I remember doing it in high school seeing the "church choirs" and wondering why the "old people" were there singing... now I am one of them old people. Afterwards we were released into EPCOT and had a great meal at San Angel... and the Gators beat the Seminoles that night as well so all was great in the world.

The next day we went to the MK and enjoyed the New Fantasyland for the first time. But I don't remember anything else... must have been those Kilkenny's or the margaritas...

Now, stay tuned for a report from my latest trip last weekend... Pictures are loaded and ready to go.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 25, 2013 9:08 pm

NaCler wrote:Wow, has it been this long since I have posted in this thread?

First, let me update from the Candlelight trip. We did have a couple of Kilkenny's Cream Ales from Raglan Road (tied for my favorite beer on property) before heading backstage at EPCOT for rehearsal. We sang and Geena Davis narrated. It all went very well. It was odd being the old people though. I remember doing it in high school seeing the "church choirs" and wondering why the "old people" were there singing... now I am one of them old people. Afterwards we were released into EPCOT and had a great meal at San Angel... and the Gators beat the Seminoles that night as well so all was great in the world.

The next day we went to the MK and enjoyed the New Fantasyland for the first time. But I don't remember anything else... must have been those Kilkenny's or the margaritas...

Now, stay tuned for a report from my latest trip last weekend... Pictures are loaded and ready to go.
This post scared me...I thought if you had managed to go to WDW and get a trip report up in the same week I would be shamed...:oops: SHAMED I say. Imagine my relief that it was only an update and the actual trip report hasn't started yet. Phew! ;) :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sun 25, 2013 9:33 pm

I was just noticing, never looked before, they had the title wrong for Madden this year, which will now be "Madden 25", which I am sure will confuse people once 2025 rolls around.