Disney World in 2012

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney World in 2012

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Mon 07, 2011 11:55 pm

LOL Nice one, mindflipper. And kcarts, I give you props for working there.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Thu 24, 2011 12:51 pm

I know I've posted about this in the free dining thread but I'm keeping an eye on my thread so I have it bookmarked and can go back to it for further reference.

I'd love to hear some more pros and cons to the dining plan. I'm still torn between the dining or the quick service. Considering that my friend and I are going to try for an eight/nine days trip, I just want to know what works more. I know that they offer a lot of food and like I had told Amy, I could use the snack credits to save some food for the plane trip home. I do want to try some full service dining so I may opt for the regular dining plan since there's too many great choices and I don't think we'd rather just focus solely on quick service but I have to discuss some more with my friend.

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Mar Fri 25, 2011 7:29 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Remember, over the past 3 weeks there's been a lot a crazy weather across the USA and it can affect the timely delivery by the US Post Office.
What about that whole "neither rain, nor sleet, nor night of the living dead" thing they tout all the time?! :lol:
Actually that's an inscription on the James Farley Post Office in New York City, so that only applies to NYC carriers as far as I'm concerned. Up here in upstate NY, I can attest that snow within 30 feet of your mailbox will keep our mail carrier from her appointed rounds, as do wasp's nests, since our carrier is allergic to bees. The United States Postal Service does not have an official creed or motto.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Mar Sun 27, 2011 7:33 am

Brian845 wrote:
Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Remember, over the past 3 weeks there's been a lot a crazy weather across the USA and it can affect the timely delivery by the US Post Office.
What about that whole "neither rain, nor sleet, nor night of the living dead" thing they tout all the time?! :lol:
Actually that's an inscription on the James Farley Post Office in New York City, so that only applies to NYC carriers as far as I'm concerned. Up here in upstate NY, I can attest that snow within 30 feet of your mailbox will keep our mail carrier from her appointed rounds, as do wasp's nests, since our carrier is allergic to bees. The United States Postal Service does not have an official creed or motto.

That weather credo does apply. The problem is doesn't apply to the airlines that are flying mail into and out of cities. So it may be great in Orlando and LA, but a snow storm that affects NYC, Boston, Chicago will keep the mail from coming in and out of those cities.

As far as snow within 30 feet of the box... without seeing it, I can't say much. I am assuming that the area around the box was clear and that the carrier had access to the box. A delivery should have been made. However there is this from Domestic Mail Manual....

3.1.4 Clear Approach
Customers must keep the approach to their mailboxes clear of obstructions to allow safe access for delivery. If USPS employees are impeded in reaching a mail receptacle, the postmaster may withdraw delivery service.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Just read through this... I'll be working there again in 2012. Likely permanently. So I can get discounts on everything arranged. Being a CM helps so much with things like this, especially resorts.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 02, 2011 12:54 am

That would be wonderful! When do you start working? I'm hoping to start booking by July.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Thu 02, 2011 1:09 am

elizabethswann wrote:That would be wonderful! When do you start working? I'm hoping to start booking by July.
I'm working now, I'm seasonal so I keep all my benefits. Both for myself and for friends/family.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 02, 2011 1:13 am

Soarin08 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:That would be wonderful! When do you start working? I'm hoping to start booking by July.
I'm working now, I'm seasonal so I keep all my benefits. Both for myself and for friends/family.
That's pretty great! I think for sure that we're aiming for the last two weeks of January/early February but I need to talk to my friend about finalizing everything.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 13, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm getting one step closer to finalizing this trip. I had gotten a quote from MEI & Mouse Fan Travel and it's so perfect since it's right where the budget I've been going for. I had placed a hold in to reserve it so I can round up some extra dough, talked with my friend about it and once I'm able to get a reply about the deposit, I will be in the clear!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 13, 2011 4:49 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I'm getting one step closer to finalizing this trip. I had gotten a quote from MEI & Mouse Fan Travel and it's so perfect since it's right where the budget I've been going for. I had placed a hold in to reserve it so I can round up some extra dough, talked with my friend about it and once I'm able to get a reply about the deposit, I will be in the clear!
Good for you finding just the right package for you and your friend. Will they hold it for very long?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 13, 2011 6:26 pm

They said they would hold it for a few days and the travel agent told me once he receives the confirmation about it tomorrow, he'll email me more about the deposit. I managed to hit my quota for my half of the price so now I'm just waiting for the email tomorrow.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 13, 2011 6:43 pm

elizabethswann wrote:They said they would hold it for a few days and the travel agent told me once he receives the confirmation about it tomorrow, he'll email me more about the deposit. I managed to hit my quota for my half of the price so now I'm just waiting for the email tomorrow.
Yay ~ hope your friend is diligent about raising their half!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:They said they would hold it for a few days and the travel agent told me once he receives the confirmation about it tomorrow, he'll email me more about the deposit. I managed to hit my quota for my half of the price so now I'm just waiting for the email tomorrow.
She is! I just need to see how we'll be able to pay it since I'm in California and she's in Texas and we'll be rooming together.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 13, 2011 7:40 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
She is! I just need to see how we'll be able to pay it since I'm in California and she's in Texas and we'll be rooming together.
Wire transfer, or explain it to the agent and maybe they can break it into two payments so you can each send half in?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Mon 13, 2011 7:41 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I'm getting one step closer to finalizing this trip. I had gotten a quote from MEI & Mouse Fan Travel and it's so perfect since it's right where the budget I've been going for. I had placed a hold in to reserve it so I can round up some extra dough, talked with my friend about it and once I'm able to get a reply about the deposit, I will be in the clear!
Good luck!! Fingers are crossed for you!