Disney World in 2012

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney World in 2012

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Oh wow, that's crazy! I'll be sure to keep copies of my paperwork with me in my bag so if that ever happens then I'll make sure it gets resolved fast.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Mon 22, 2011 12:34 am

My wife and I now drive to Disney World from N.H. We are so much more comfortable in our van. we are able to take a heck of a lot more items with us which in the long run saves us money. We bring our own snacks for night time enjoyment along with our adult beverages. My wife realy enjoys the fact that we can also bring more items back with us. We just spent our 25th anni. at WDW and enjoyed every minute of it. We are planning on returning in February of 2012. We booked our trip through MEI travel. Came across them through Allears.net. The free Disney Dining Plan promotion is one of the best ideas that Disney has had. :goofy_bounce: :goofy: :goofy_bounce: :goofy:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Mon 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Time is ticking down for when I head out to WDW and I'm real excited for it. I'll be checking in a lot on my Facebook to show where I'm at and I'll post my photos there. I'm going to need to renew my Flickr account soon so I can upload more photos from there as well as try and do a trip report when I get back. I'll be taking a TON of photos for the 10 days I'm there so prepare for it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 09, 2012 10:23 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Time is ticking down for when I head out to WDW and I'm real excited for it. I'll be checking in a lot on my Facebook to show where I'm at and I'll post my photos there. I'm going to need to renew my Flickr account soon so I can upload more photos from there as well as try and do a trip report when I get back. I'll be taking a TON of photos for the 10 days I'm there so prepare for it.
Boy, you are getting close aren't you?! Bring on the photos ~ I'm excited to see them!! And I'll be checking out facebook too :D
Is this your first time at WDW?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Mon 09, 2012 10:34 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Time is ticking down for when I head out to WDW and I'm real excited for it. I'll be checking in a lot on my Facebook to show where I'm at and I'll post my photos there. I'm going to need to renew my Flickr account soon so I can upload more photos from there as well as try and do a trip report when I get back. I'll be taking a TON of photos for the 10 days I'm there so prepare for it.
I forgot you're coming! How exciting! :D :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Tue 10, 2012 12:41 am

Amy wrote:Boy, you are getting close aren't you?! Bring on the photos ~ I'm excited to see them!! And I'll be checking out facebook too :D
Yes it is! So I'm going to be snapping photos as much as I can while enjoying the parks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 10, 2012 8:15 am

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:Boy, you are getting close aren't you?! Bring on the photos ~ I'm excited to see them!! And I'll be checking out facebook too :D
Yes it is! So I'm going to be snapping photos as much as I can while enjoying the parks.
Whoo-hoo! I thought I remembered you saying that but I wasn't sure. This is so exciting!!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Tue 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:
Whoo-hoo! I thought I remembered you saying that but I wasn't sure. This is so exciting!!
I won't lie, I'm a little bummed out that BTMR will be closed for refurb while I'm there. I wanted to try theirs for a long time. I checked the park hours/rides that are closed last week and saw that there. Kali River Rapids, Dumbo and Liberty Square Riverboat will also be down but I'm not too upset by those.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 11, 2012 8:42 am

elizabethswann wrote:I won't lie, I'm a little bummed out that BTMR will be closed for refurb while I'm there. I wanted to try theirs for a long time. I checked the park hours/rides that are closed last week and saw that there. Kali River Rapids, Dumbo and Liberty Square Riverboat will also be down but I'm not too upset by those.
Aw, that stinks :( Gives you a reason to come back and see it when it is all freshened up though! It was looking pretty sad when I was there in December. There was honest to goodness burlap wrap on some of the ride :shock:

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Jan Thu 12, 2012 9:45 am

Man it's like every time I've been down to the World, the river boat is ALWAYS down! I guess my timing is bad. Oh well, nothing totally devastating.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Fri 13, 2012 5:43 am

I think my heart hurts now lol. I just saw this over at allears.net

The Main Street Electrical Parade will not be performed January 20 - February 10, 2012.

WHY. WHY MUST YOU HATE ME SO. I just hope it comes back to Cali eventually because I miss it. I wanted one chance to see and hear it be called the Main Street Electrical Parade again, not Disney's Electrical Parade.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 13, 2012 8:21 am

elizabethswann wrote:I think my heart hurts now lol. I just saw this over at allears.net

The Main Street Electrical Parade will not be performed January 20 - February 10, 2012.

WHY. WHY MUST YOU HATE ME SO. I just hope it comes back to Cali eventually because I miss it. I wanted one chance to see and hear it be called the Main Street Electrical Parade again, not Disney's Electrical Parade.
:( Oh that is sad.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sun 15, 2012 3:27 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I think my heart hurts now lol. I just saw this over at allears.net

You guys in Cali can have it. I just want Spectro back. :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 15, 2012 4:24 pm

As long as they update Spectro - and it wouldn't kill them to make it a little longer. It's funny every time MSEP comes from California they eliminate floats to make it SHORTER. Why? Why can't WDW have a parade as long as the parades at the other parks???

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Sun 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Yes it is! So I'm going to be snapping photos as much as I can while enjoying the parks.[/quote]
Whoo-hoo! I thought I remembered you saying that but I wasn't sure. This is so exciting!![/quote]

I won't lie, I'm a little bummed out that BTMR will be closed for refurb while I'm there. I wanted to try theirs for a long time. I checked the park hours/rides that are closed last week and saw that there. Kali River Rapids, Dumbo and Liberty Square Riverboat will also be down but I'm not too upset by those.[/quote]

I feel your pain. no electric parade, Fantasmic, Big Thunder, Dumbo..... But thats ok.... We will be in Disney. :cry: :D :cry: :D :goofy: