Disney World in 2012

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney World in 2012

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Amy wrote:Wire transfer, or explain it to the agent and maybe they can break it into two payments so you can each send half in?
I will ask about if we can split up the payments into two. It will be easier that way for us since I need to go deposit my money into my account and the like. I need more coin wrappers...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 13, 2011 7:57 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:Wire transfer, or explain it to the agent and maybe they can break it into two payments so you can each send half in?
I will ask about if we can split up the payments into two. It will be easier that way for us since I need to go deposit my money into my account and the like. I need more coin wrappers...
Check with your bank too ~ you might be able to save time by not wrapping your coins. I mentioned something about rolling my coins once and my bank told me to bring them in loose and they would dump them in the change sorter. They actually prefer that people bring them in that way...but that is probably different from bank to bank. I'm sure the agent can split the payment though ~ that shouldn't be a problem.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:
Check with your bank too ~ you might be able to save time by not wrapping your coins. I mentioned something about rolling my coins once and my bank told me to bring them in loose and they would dump them in the change sorter. They actually prefer that people bring them in that way...but that is probably different from bank to bank. I'm sure the agent can split the payment though ~ that shouldn't be a problem.
Really? Hmm. I'll bring them in with wrappers just in case and I can take them out if needed be. I've never deposited money via coins before but I don't know if Chase does that sort of thing with it being loose. I will double check!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 13, 2011 8:30 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:Check with your bank too ~ you might be able to save time by not wrapping your coins. I mentioned something about rolling my coins once and my bank told me to bring them in loose and they would dump them in the change sorter. They actually prefer that people bring them in that way...but that is probably different from bank to bank. I'm sure the agent can split the payment though ~ that shouldn't be a problem.
Really? Hmm. I'll bring them in with wrappers just in case and I can take them out if needed be. I've never deposited money via coins before but I don't know if Chase does that sort of thing with it being loose. I will double check!
Might save you some time. I would probably still want to roll them so I had some idea of how much I had in advance, but that is just the control freak in me...leave it to me not to trust the bank's counting machine :lol:
I hope it all works out with no wrinkles ~ then you can tell us when you are going!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Amy wrote:Might save you some time. I would probably still want to roll them so I had some idea of how much I had in advance, but that is just the control freak in me...leave it to me not to trust the bank's counting machine :lol:
I hope it all works out with no wrinkles ~ then you can tell us when you are going!
Thank you! I have over $200 in change so keeping majority of them wrapped will help me out. I have a smaller jar with loose change but those will be wrapped just as a precaution. Once everything is settled, I will be sure to let everyone know.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Sat 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Well, let me just say that I have my half of the trip paid off while my friend will be paying her half soon. Either way we are real excited that we're one step closer to finalizing everything!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Congrats, that's wonderful! When exactly are you going??

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Sat 16, 2011 4:13 pm

It would be great if it was the first of January 2012....

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Agreed on that one!!! As many of us as possible would be fab...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Sun 17, 2011 6:21 pm

I wish it were the first but it's from Jan 24. to Feb 3.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

I should be there regardless. :) You're going to have so much fun!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Sun 17, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm real excited!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Sun 17, 2011 8:38 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I know I've posted about this in the free dining thread but I'm keeping an eye on my thread so I have it bookmarked and can go back to it for further reference.

I'd love to hear some more pros and cons to the dining plan. I'm still torn between the dining or the quick service. Considering that my friend and I are going to try for an eight/nine days trip, I just want to know what works more. I know that they offer a lot of food and like I had told Amy, I could use the snack credits to save some food for the plane trip home. I do want to try some full service dining so I may opt for the regular dining plan since there's too many great choices and I don't think we'd rather just focus solely on quick service but I have to discuss some more with my friend.
I thought I would weigh in on the subject of the dining plan. As far as I can tell, the plan is only worth it if you have more than 2 people on the reservation. Every year I count cost and we always end up going with the room only AP rate. If you are an AP holder then you get the Tables in Wonderland card which will pay for itself especially on extended stays. However, another factor to consider is your eating habits. How often and where you will eat.
Either way you are still required to pay the 18% gratuity.

We liked the dining plan. That was back in the day when you got an appetizer and desert. It was good but just too much food. I think the dining plan now costs a bit more and you get a little less. The appetizer is no longer included.

I think there are some articles on the subject on Touring Plans as well as some podcasts on WDWToday.com that will help you decide.

Glad to hear you are using MEI Mousefan Travel. We used them last year for a portion of our stay and they were great. We are using them again this year for the first 1/2 of our trip. We got a great deal on a standard room at the Boardwalk. When I priced the room on-line with Disney it was almost double the cost.

Mouseoholic!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 18, 2011 3:47 am

I was real glad that I did the trip through MEI Mousefan Travel because it would have been at least a thousand more through the Disney World site. They did a great job with helping my friend and I with planning this.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 18, 2011 12:26 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I was real glad that I did the trip through MEI Mousefan Travel because it would have been at least a thousand more through the Disney World site. They did a great job with helping my friend and I with planning this.
They will also keep an eye out for any discounts for you too. Last year we had an issue with our room and not getting what we booked. At the front desk the Disney CM lied to us and told us that they do not allow guests to reserve king bed. It’s only a request. She stated that MEI had lied to us about the type of room we were getting. Yet, we had it in print and we even logged on to the website to show them. I guess they thought we were Disney flunkies. :lol: They did not know who they were dealing with ! We immediately called MEI. They were furious as it ruins their reputation. We finally got the room we were promised, a personal call from the resort manager and MEI as well as a gift baskets from Disney along with a gift basket from MEI. I did not know where to pack it all! :shock:

On that trip we joined in the WDW Today podcast meet-up and got to meet the podcast crew (done it several times but they are great) as well as the MEI Travel Agents. They are all so sweet and very passionate about Disney. They want to make sure that everyone has a great and magical trip.

Let me just say that I have no affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer. When someone does something right, it's good to give them credit for it.

Mouseoholic!