Disneyland Paris ~ a photo journey

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Re: Disneyland Paris ~ a photo journey

Post by LITTLEBIT » May Sat 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing these pictures. My DH and I are planning a trip to DLP and it's great to read your perspective.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 14, 2011 10:32 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:Thanks for sharing these pictures. My DH and I are planning a trip to DLP and it's great to read your perspective.
You're welcome...I hope to get a little more time in the next few months to get some more photos on here...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 1:00 am

Simply amazing, Amy! I'm hoping to go over there in the future (have a very dear friend who is statused over there but currently is in America on an ICP program at Epcot I'd love to visit once he leaves America). Your pictures are amazing!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 01, 2011 7:02 am

Soarin08 wrote:Simply amazing, Amy! I'm hoping to go over there in the future (have a very dear friend who is statused over there but currently is in America on an ICP program at Epcot I'd love to visit once he leaves America). Your pictures are amazing!
Thanks ~ I'll be adding more to the trip report this summer as time allows.

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Oct Mon 17, 2011 11:12 am

My dad is in Frankfort right now for work and is planning a trip to Paris and DLP this weekend. He has been to WDW 100 times and DL half a dozen, what do you think are somethings he can't miss?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 17, 2011 11:19 am

LITTLEBIT wrote:My dad is in Frankfort right now for work and is planning a trip to Paris and DLP this weekend. He has been to WDW 100 times and DL half a dozen, what do you think are somethings he can't miss?
Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, and BTMRR - they're like the american counterparts, and then again, they're not. Space Mtn is more aggressive than WDW, and BTMRR takes up the entire island that would be Tom Sawyer's Island at WDW, and you cross to the island and back by going under the river. Phantom Manor has and Old West twist to the Haunted Mansion, and a central story running throughout the ride about "the Bride" and the menacing, stalking Phantom.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 17, 2011 3:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:
LITTLEBIT wrote:My dad is in Frankfort right now for work and is planning a trip to Paris and DLP this weekend. He has been to WDW 100 times and DL half a dozen, what do you think are somethings he can't miss?
Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, and BTMRR - they're like the american counterparts, and then again, they're not. Space Mtn is more aggressive than WDW, and BTMRR takes up the entire island that would be Tom Sawyer's Island at WDW, and you cross to the island and back by going under the river. Phantom Manor has and Old West twist to the Haunted Mansion, and a central story running throughout the ride about "the Bride" and the menacing, stalking Phantom.
I agree with mindflipper's choices ~ Phantom Manor is awesome :D And Space Mountain has a great look about it, more of a Jules Verne version.
Indiana Jones™ et le Temple du Péril is sort of a wild mouse coaster so if your Dad doesn't mind fast, sort of jerky rides, then he might like that too. The DLP Pirates is also pretty nice as I recall. The landscaping around DLP's castle is a lot of fun ~ very contemporary shapes. Good for photos...
Will he be there long enough to see both Disney parks? Tower of Terror was put in after I was there, but I'm guessing it is pretty cool over there as well :D

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Oct Mon 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I agree with mindflipper's choices ~ Phantom Manor is awesome :D And Space Mountain has a great look about it, more of a Jules Verne version.
Indiana Jones™ et le Temple du Péril is sort of a wild mouse coaster so if your Dad doesn't mind fast, sort of jerky rides, then he might like that too. The DLP Pirates is also pretty nice as I recall. The landscaping around DLP's castle is a lot of fun ~ very contemporary shapes. Good for photos...
Will he be there long enough to see both Disney parks? Tower of Terror was put in after I was there, but I'm guessing it is pretty cool over there as well :D
I doubt he'll be able to do both parks but I'll mention it to him. He is taking the bullet train in Saturday morning, sightseeing and staying the night and most of the next day in Paris.

Dad loves any ride. He has some back problems but roller coasters don't bother him. Standing inline bothers him more than rides do.

Thanks!

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Oct Mon 17, 2011 5:37 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I knew about Phantom Manor and Space Mountain but I had completely forgotten about BTMRR.

It was funny, when he first told me he was going, he said that he might just go, explore,take pictures but not ride any rides. I was like "NO!" And I started telling him about Phantom Manor and POTC. So he asked me to send him a list of must haves that are different and then stuff that is different all together.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 17, 2011 6:31 pm

If he only has time for one park, I would recommend Disneyland rather than the Studios then. Especially if he has some time to take in the sights of Paris that way. I spent a little over a week in Paris, then took a few days to spend at the Disney parks, then returned to the city. It was one of my favorite places I was able to visit. Getting around the city is super simple with the Metro and all the people I ran into were friendly because I attempted to communicate in French and didn't assume everyone spoke English. He should have a great time! You can always do a trip report by proxy for him if you can't convince him to sign up here himself ;)

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Oct Mon 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Amy wrote:He should have a great time! You can always do a trip report by proxy for him if you can't convince him to sign up here himself ;)
I doubt I could get him to sign in here and do a report but I will tell him that I want lots of details and pictures to share with my subsonic friends who gave me and him such great advice.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Tue 18, 2011 1:03 am

Amy, do you mind if I use this thread and some of your photos for a project for my French class? I'm doing it on DLRP and between this, my guidebooks, and Mr. Brit, I'll be all set (he's back over there in Paris right now and I'd GIVE to go visit him, not happening though).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 18, 2011 6:28 am

Soarin08 wrote:Amy, do you mind if I use this thread and some of your photos for a project for my French class? I'm doing it on DLRP and between this, my guidebooks, and Mr. Brit, I'll be all set (he's back over there in Paris right now and I'd GIVE to go visit him, not happening though).
Sure...I'll have to give it a look this evening and see if I ever finished going through all the lands. I don't think I did...I'll try to get some more up for you :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 18, 2011 8:53 am

Here's two other topic threads you can get some more photos from:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6805&hilit=disneyland+paris
from some friends of a friend

and

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5958&p=114389&hili ... is#p114389
from my trip long, long ago

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Nov Tue 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Amy wrote: You can always do a trip report by proxy for him if you can't convince him to sign up here himself ;)
I have his trip report from his weekend in Paris if you guys are still interested. Did you want me to post it?