Disneyland Paris ~ a photo journey

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disneyland Paris ~ a photo journey

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:50 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:No, DLP's IASW has yet to suffer "toonification" like TDL and DLR. I haven't been on WDW's IASW, has it suffered "toonification" yet?
Nope ~ no toons have invaded. I do wish they would do the holiday overlay though, I like the music for that :D
I have long wanted the holiday overlay for IASW - it's the only way you can get me on that ride! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:52 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:No, DLP's IASW has yet to suffer "toonification" like TDL and DLR. I haven't been on WDW's IASW, has it suffered "toonification" yet?
Nope ~ no toons have invaded. I do wish they would do the holiday overlay though, I like the music for that :D
I have long wanted the holiday overlay for IASW - it's the only way you can get me on that ride! :D
Challenge accepted! If I wasn't such a great procrastinator I would start a letter writing campaign, but I would never actually finish the...
:lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Yeh, because if Len90 has to wait any longer for the trip reports, the anticipation will make him explode and I don't want to get hit by the flying shrapnel! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 1:19 pm

mindflipper wrote:Yeh, because if Len90 has to wait any longer for the trip reports, the anticipation will make him explode and I don't want to get hit by the flying shrapnel! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wouldn't it be flying shrap"len" ~ ah-ha-ha-ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Yeh, because if Len90 has to wait any longer for the trip reports, the anticipation will make him explode and I don't want to get hit by the flying shrapnel! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder if that's a new subictionary term? :? :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 5:55 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
I wonder if that's a new subictionary term? :? :shock:
It is if you make it one!!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 11, 2011 9:24 pm

So it's a small world always has the toons in it? I only ride it once during the holiday overlay, so that is news to me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Here are some different scenes in IASW in Paris, the America scene is a little fuzzy, sorry...so is the Egypt scene, but I still like it!
Le Pays de Contes de Fées - Story Book Land Canal Boats...
Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in del sol :lol:
I wonder if I could pull out that teeny-tiny sword?!
Little town, it's a quiet village,
We're not in Kansas anymore...
The amount of detail in these tiny scenes always amazes me!
The scale of the landscaping was pretty impressive!
These were closed for refurb while I was there. I want to say they were themed to Belle but I don't remember for sure :( Belle's Buckets?! :?
EDIT: Ok, I located the name for this one...Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin
Les Voyages de Pinocchio - Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque - Casey Jr. Circus Train
Last edited by Amy on Jan Sat 15, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Amy wrote:Image
I didn't catch this in DLP IASW, but there used to be same scene of the sea monster and the sailor with the naval telescope in the now extinct World of Motion at EPCOT. Can't help but believe this was some kind of inside-joke/tribute.

I'm loving the photos, Amy! The storybook canal ride was in rehab when I was there last time, so I didn't get to ride it but now I got to see it here!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 12, 2011 8:06 am

Glad you are getting to see some new scenes of DLP. I'll keep plugging away at the photos. I have some of your favorite attraction too, but I'm not in that land yet ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 12, 2011 9:39 am

Amy wrote:Glad you are getting to see some new scenes of DLP. I'll keep plugging away at the photos. I have some of your favorite attraction too, but I'm not in that land yet ;)
Well, back when I went, I had 3 favorite attractions at DLP. And there haven't been any pictures yet of any of the 3.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 12, 2011 11:11 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:Glad you are getting to see some new scenes of DLP. I'll keep plugging away at the photos. I have some of your favorite attraction too, but I'm not in that land yet ;)
Well, back when I went, I had 3 favorite attractions at DLP. And there haven't been any pictures yet of any of the 3.
Well I sort of figured Phantom Manor was your favorite...What are the other two? I'll be sure to include them if I have photos! I know you have mentioned the nighttime parade too.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Well I sort of figured Phantom Manor was your favorite...What are the other two? I'll be sure to include them if I have photos! I know you have mentioned the nighttime parade too.
Mont de L'Espace: De La Terre A La Lune (Space Mountain) and Visionarium: Du Temps A Temps ("From Time to Time", the original of the re-edited version at WDW ML's Transportarium that has been replaced by Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Mont de L'Espace: De La Terre A La Lune (Space Mountain) and Visionarium: Du Temps A Temps ("From Time to Time", the original of the re-edited version at WDW ML's Transportarium that has been replaced by Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor).
I have some photos of both. I was excited to find Timekeeper over in Paris since he was so unjustly booted from WDW :evil:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Bad news, Amy: Timekeeper's been booted from DLP too. The Visionarium was replaced with Buzz Lightyear over at DLP's MK.