Airfare

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Airfare

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 23, 2011 2:03 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Ok...I was on Southwest Airlines' site today and it looks like they are having a sale to celebrate their 40th anniversary!!!!

There are some pretty good deals out there, but you have to book by the 23rd (I think...check the site to be sure). Some one way fares were as low as $40!
Check it out Soarin08...who knows?

But I believe the sale ends tonight...

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jul Sat 02, 2011 5:59 am

Looking ahead to a possible January trip, saw that a roundtrip flight would run me about $215. That's about what I paid a couple years ago to fly.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Just looked and I could go again in September for $326. My best friend (hockeygirl) is supposed to be going in September so we might could meet up and stay together. I'll know soon if I can, just have to raise an extra $400!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Just looked and I could go again in September for $326. My best friend (hockeygirl) is supposed to be going in September so we might could meet up and stay together. I'll know soon if I can, just have to raise an extra $400!!
Might as well start saving. Even if it doesn't work to go this time, then you've got the money saved up for another trip!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sun 03, 2011 2:05 am

kcarts wrote:Looking ahead to a possible January trip, saw that a roundtrip flight would run me about $215. That's about what I paid a couple years ago to fly.
That's a great deal... so long as the flight times are what you are looking for. I was able to get prime flight times for our upcoming trip for under $250 a head by booking each person separately on one ways. I honestly would say that my airfare this year is in line to what we have gotten for the past couple years... if not slightly under! As for rental cars, I have never gotten such a cheap rate that I have locked in right now. Somehow I managed to get a bigger vehicle for way less than anything I have ever gotten. My theory of keeping up with everything and checking a couple of times a day definitely has worked!!!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jul Mon 04, 2011 7:49 am

Len90 wrote:
kcarts wrote:Looking ahead to a possible January trip, saw that a roundtrip flight would run me about $215. That's about what I paid a couple years ago to fly.
That's a great deal... so long as the flight times are what you are looking for. I was able to get prime flight times for our upcoming trip for under $250 a head by booking each person separately on one ways. I honestly would say that my airfare this year is in line to what we have gotten for the past couple years... if not slightly under! As for rental cars, I have never gotten such a cheap rate that I have locked in right now. Somehow I managed to get a bigger vehicle for way less than anything I have ever gotten. My theory of keeping up with everything and checking a couple of times a day definitely has worked!!!
I'm actually going to wait a little bit. Last time I went I booked in October and got something about $20 cheaper than that. Luckily, I'm flexible with my plans. Obviously that's a key to trying find a good price. I usually do a Wednesday to Wednesday trip. Mid week flights are so much cheaper.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 04, 2011 10:28 am

I remember the same was true when booking flights to LA and LV as well - mid-week flights were cheaper than Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 04, 2011 11:29 am

Yeah, people traveling for work are not usually on those flights, you can also save (I think) if you fly out on a sunday.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Mon 04, 2011 12:40 pm

mindflipper wrote:I remember the same was true when booking flights to LA and LV as well - mid-week flights were cheaper than Friday-Saturday-Sunday.
That is true. However, I was not flexible at all this year with dates. We were lucky enough to find the time for a Disney vacation and those dates were the one and only chance. My rates are on Friday and Saturday flights so I'm kind of happy. It almost seemed like it would be between $400-$500 per person round trip when I darted looking.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I remember the same was true when booking flights to LA and LV as well - mid-week flights were cheaper than Friday-Saturday-Sunday.
That is true. However, I was not flexible at all this year with dates. We were lucky enough to find the time for a Disney vacation and those dates were the one and only chance. My rates are on Friday and Saturday flights so I'm kind of happy. It almost seemed like it would be between $400-$500 per person round trip when I darted looking.
I sure hope you looked both ways before you "darted" looking ;) I know, I know, spell-correct on the iphone is unforgiving :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 04, 2011 10:56 pm

True, Amy, but the iphone's auto-correction does provide us with endless comedy material. I thought "darted looking" is where you throw darts at the computer screen to pick which flight he's going to take. :wink: :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 05, 2011 12:36 am

mindflipper wrote:True, Amy, but the iphone's auto-correction does provide us with endless comedy material. I thought "darted looking" is where you throw darts at the computer screen to pick which flight he's going to take. :wink: :lol:
Oppps that was supposed to be started. MY BAD!!!
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 05, 2011 6:48 am

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:True, Amy, but the iphone's auto-correction does provide us with endless comedy material. I thought "darted looking" is where you throw darts at the computer screen to pick which flight he's going to take. :wink: :lol:
Yeah, my favorite is still the thong ~ I can't even remember what he was trying to type that time, but that was classic!! :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 05, 2011 8:35 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:
Yeah, my favorite is still the thong ~ I can't even remember what he was trying to type that time, but that was classic!! :lol:
I remember that - I think if I remember correctly the intended word was "thing"...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 05, 2011 4:03 pm

mindflipper wrote: Yeah, my favorite is still the thong ~ I can't even remember what he was trying to type that time, but that was classic!! :lol:
I remember that - I think if I remember correctly the intended word was "thing"...[/quote]
Haha but remember that is because I am extremely dedicated to the site and have provisions to be on here when on the road.... Or maybe I'm just too addicted to this happy place! :goofy_bounce:
- Len90