Airfare

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Airfare

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote: Yeah, my favorite is still the thong ~ I can't even remember what he was trying to type that time, but that was classic!! :lol:
I remember that - I think if I remember correctly the intended word was "thing"...
Haha but remember that is because I am extremely dedicated to the site and have provisions to be on here when on the road.... Or maybe I'm just too addicted to this happy place! :goofy_bounce:
Amy wrote:It seems to me you were maybe not paying very close attention to one of your professors at the time young man ~ tsk, tsk! ;) :lol:
Last edited by Amy on Jul Tue 05, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote: Yeah, my favorite is still the thong ~ I can't even remember what he was trying to type that time, but that was classic!! :lol:
I remember that - I think if I remember correctly the intended word was "thing"...
Haha but remember that is because I am extremely dedicated to the site and have provisions to be on here when on the road.... Or maybe I'm just too addicted to this happy place! :goofy_bounce:
Amy wrote:It seems to me you were maybe not paying very close attention to one of your professors at the time young man ~ tsk, tsk! ;) :lol:
I think that puts the quotes back to rights... :shock: :wink: :roll: :mrgreen:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Have I mentioned I found a $200 roundtrip flight to DL? Yes, that's right. In October. When I'm off for Columbus Day. The temptation is so strong, I must resist booking this... Southwest is doing some amazing deals this fall, I swear.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Have I mentioned I found a $200 roundtrip flight to DL? Yes, that's right. In October. When I'm off for Columbus Day. The temptation is so strong, I must resist booking this... Southwest is doing some amazing deals this fall, I swear.
Wow ~ that is a great deal! I wish we had Southwest around us :(

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sun 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Have I mentioned I found a $200 roundtrip flight to DL? Yes, that's right. In October. When I'm off for Columbus Day. The temptation is so strong, I must resist booking this... Southwest is doing some amazing deals this fall, I swear.
That's pretty good. I'm guessing you would be traveling on weekdays and at non peak times though. My final numbers are about $250 ahead after taxes with travel on a Friday and Saturday late mornings. The temptation for that is way too strong to just let it pass. BOOK IT!!!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 6:32 am

Len90 wrote:
That's pretty good. I'm guessing you would be traveling on weekdays and at non peak times though. My final numbers are about $250 ahead after taxes with travel on a Friday and Saturday late mornings. The temptation for that is way too strong to just let it pass. BOOK IT!!!
$250 with taxes? You did awesome Len!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 10:21 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:
$250 with taxes? You did awesome Len!
I take vacation planning very serious. If you think that is good I was somehow able to get a standard SUV rental for $203 after taxes. I'll post here what I always say. You have to be patient and persistent. Prices on air and cars can fluctuate by the minute.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Len90 wrote:I take vacation planning very serious. If you think that is good I was somehow able to get a standard SUV rental for $203 after taxes. I'll post here what I always say. You have to be patient and persistent. Prices on air and cars can fluctuate by the minute.
No napping in the trunk this year?! ;) :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Len90: how much did you pay for airfare last year?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 1:14 pm

mindflipper wrote:Len90: how much did you pay for airfare last year?
I'll have to search my records but I think it was a bit more. I know I'm getting a bigger rental this year for about $60-70 cheaper than last year.... And I had a very good rental price last year.

Every year I put more and more effort into the planning. It's great since I know the complete itinerary like the back of my hand but very saddening during the last ADR. This year I don't even want to think about how many hours I put into planning the upcoming trip.
- Len90

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 1:25 pm

We were going to go to DL right around that time too because of our anniversary! However, hubby found out he can't take time off then, so we will have to postpone it. :( But we do plan on going at least for the Halloween party at some point during October...we had so much fun last year! Besides, this is anniversary #13 for us and it just begs to be HM related (even if it's HMH)...don't you think?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 19, 2011 3:19 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
We were going to go to DL right around that time too because of our anniversary! However, hubby found out he can't take time off then, so we will have to postpone it. :( But we do plan on going at least for the Halloween party at some point during October...we had so much fun last year! Besides, this is anniversary #13 for us and it just begs to be HM related (even if it's HMH)...don't you think?
Oh, anniversary #13 simply screams HM! Do you have costume ideas yet? :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Oh, anniversary #13 simply screams HM! Do you have costume ideas yet? :D
Not really...I wanted to attempt a MmeLeota costume, but I don't think it will work. But we do have these really cool HM Mickey ears for the non-party day(s)... :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Hmmm apparently the FAA has shut down, due to the present fiscal issues, the division that collects taxes on airline tickets so prices have dropped 5-10% until they re-open. Might be a good time to go book tickets.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Hmmm apparently the FAA has shut down, due to the present fiscal issues, the division that collects taxes on airline tickets so prices have dropped 5-10% until they re-open. Might be a good time to go book tickets.
Ooooo, that is a handy tidbit! Might have to check out airfares this weekend :D