Go, Go, Go... or relax and smell the roses?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like to "Go, Go, Go.." or "relax and smell the roses?"

Go, Go, Go.... time is short, and I want to cram in as much Disney as possible!
30%
Relax and smell the roses... a vacation should be relaxing. With good planning you can do enough without rushing.
70%

Total votes: 23

paraparamore23
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Re: Go, Go, Go... or relax and smell the roses?

Post by paraparamore23 » Jan Tue 18, 2011 1:47 am

I'm a combination of the two. It actually depends on who I'm with and the kind of tickets I have.

If I'm with my family, I'll relax on only the day we get to the resort -- we generally plan our trip so that we arrive late afternoon and spend our evenings in Downtown Disney. The next day, we try to do as much as possible first thing in the morning until our lunch, which is strategically placed later than the general lunch rush. At that point, we'll just relax and people watch. Once we've relaxed enough, we spring right back into action.

If I'm with my friends, I'll do everything at a slower pace, since they've gone just as often as I have and like to take in the atmosphere. I like to rediscover old routes throughtout the park.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 11:14 am

Both my husband and I tour Disney commando style. We love the thrill rides and are constantly on the go. We use our table service meals as a chance to sit back and take it easy. We also take the time every trip to do something we don't do every trip (usually a show or a slower attraction).

My family is the polar opposite, so we drive each other crazy at Disney. I think I've told the story before where they spent 2 hours getting from the front gate of Epcot to Canada and didn't do a single thing except drink water and use the restroom. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Both my husband and I tour Disney commando style. We love the thrill rides and are constantly on the go. We use our table service meals as a chance to sit back and take it easy. We also take the time every trip to do something we don't do every trip (usually a show or a slower attraction).
My family is the polar opposite, so we drive each other crazy at Disney. I think I've told the story before where they spent 2 hours getting from the front gate of Epcot to Canada and didn't do a single thing except drink water and use the restroom. :lol:
I hoping to find a guy that will like to go-go-go too, plus like Disney ;) I guess the liking Disney is the priority, although Mouseoholic has proven you can convert the non-Disney :lol:
I totally agree with you, that 2 hour nonsense would have killed me :shock: :roll:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 2:38 pm

He had never been before he went with my family, so mine's a convert too. He's not addicted like me, but he's taken me all of these times, so I wouldn't say he's too bad. ;)

And that was my husband's first ever day in Disney. He sad he hated it then. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Wed 16, 2011 12:37 am

I never thought this would happen, but my children finally wore me out at Disney last trip. They had me go go go at AK from RD to the parade. 6x on EE, 3x on Kali, 2x on Dinosaur. By the end of it, I was a tired and cranky mother, and I officially felt my age (a rarity). The next day we were much more easy going at DHS, rode and grabbed FPs until noon, came back to the resort and spent the afternoon then returned to DHS in the evening to use our fastpasses. I was much, much happier. :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 16, 2011 8:15 am

momeja wrote:I never thought this would happen, but my children finally wore me out at Disney last trip. They had me go go go at AK from RD to the parade. 6x on EE, 3x on Kali, 2x on Dinosaur. By the end of it, I was a tired and cranky mother, and I officially felt my age (a rarity). The next day we were much more easy going at DHS, rode and grabbed FPs until noon, came back to the resort and spent the afternoon then returned to DHS in the evening to use our fastpasses. I was much, much happier. :mrgreen:
If you need a nanny to keep up with the kids next time...I'm available ;) :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Feb Thu 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:I never thought this would happen, but my children finally wore me out at Disney last trip. They had me go go go at AK from RD to the parade. 6x on EE, 3x on Kali, 2x on Dinosaur. By the end of it, I was a tired and cranky mother, and I officially felt my age (a rarity). The next day we were much more easy going at DHS, rode and grabbed FPs until noon, came back to the resort and spent the afternoon then returned to DHS in the evening to use our fastpasses. I was much, much happier. :mrgreen:
Heck, if you pay my way I'll be a nanny too! Might even wear a dress! (kidding about the dress... that's Jacca's territory right there... :lol: )

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Jeez! You guys are like dogs competing for scraps for the table LOL!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 17, 2011 7:26 pm

mindflipper wrote:Jeez! You guys are like dogs competing for scraps for the table LOL!
I can't speak for Mousekedude, but I am not too proud to beg when it involves Disney :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Amy wrote:
Heck, if you pay my way I'll be a nanny too! Might even wear a dress! (kidding about the dress... that's Jacca's territory right there... :lol: )
We can call you...Harry Poppins! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:We can call you...Harry Poppins! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :mickey:
I like it! Good one mindflipper!! :lol:

momeja

Post by momeja » Feb Fri 18, 2011 4:54 pm

mindflipper wrote:Jeez! You guys are like dogs competing for scraps for the table LOL!
I take great offense at that statement, Mindflipper. My children are practically perfect in every way. :P :lol: :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 18, 2011 9:50 pm

momeja wrote:
I take great offense at that statement, Mindflipper. My children are practically perfect in every way. :P :lol: :wink:
I am soooo glad to hear that, momeja. Coz' if you had Amy or Mousekedude along as a "Poppins", you would need the kids to keep an eye on them to make sure the "Poppins" behaved themself. :wink: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 19, 2011 7:18 am

mindflipper wrote:
momeja wrote:
I am soooo glad to hear that, momeja. Coz' if you had Amy or Mousekedude along as a "Poppins", you would need the kids to keep an eye on them to make sure the "Poppins" behaved themself. :wink: :mickey:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...... :shock: ......HEY!! :evil:
:wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 19, 2011 9:32 am

Without Mouseoholic or F1gment along, who's to ensure that either of you don't get into any trouble from your mouskemayheming while your there?