Go, Go, Go... or relax and smell the roses?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like to "Go, Go, Go.." or "relax and smell the roses?"

Go, Go, Go.... time is short, and I want to cram in as much Disney as possible!
30%
Relax and smell the roses... a vacation should be relaxing. With good planning you can do enough without rushing.
70%

Total votes: 23

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: Go, Go, Go... or relax and smell the roses?

Post by metark » Feb Sat 19, 2011 10:32 am

Not to interupt the planning to help each other on your vacations but I wanted to throw my two cents in on the subject. There was a trip when we went to Disneyland and our family did not plan things out very well for one of the days. That was the worst day we have spent at the resort. There was disagreements and lots of standing around discussing what to do next and so much time was wasted. No one had much fun that day so we vowed to not ever do that again. After that, I found Ridemax and have been happily using it ever since to get the most out of our time in the parks and we have had the best times. We go about once every other year so we certainly want to make the most out of every minute in the park. I figure our down time is when we are waiting for fireworks, Fantasmic or World of Color. By the way, I would recommend Ridemax but what is really important is understanding the concepts behind what to do at what time of day and how to make the most of the Fastpass system.

Adreamisawish
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Adreamisawish » Feb Sat 19, 2011 12:51 pm

i like to stop and take my time at Disney, the saddest thing is when i see people rushing thru the park and kids exhausted or irritated. after all it is vacation! :mrgreen:
~A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~...

inkydog
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by inkydog » Feb Wed 23, 2011 10:56 am

We've done the Go, Go, Go thing for years. Our youngest is now 12. This past weekend, my wife and I went down to WDW to hear her perform at Magic Music Days. Since she was staying with her group, we were alone at WDW for the first time in 20 years. I think we only went on two rides - spent most of our time touring the resorts, sitting in the sun, and having great dinner and drinks. A completely different dynamic for us, but so enjoyable!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 23, 2011 2:41 pm

inkydog wrote:We've done the Go, Go, Go thing for years. Our youngest is now 12. This past weekend, my wife and I went down to WDW to hear her perform at Magic Music Days. Since she was staying with her group, we were alone at WDW for the first time in 20 years. I think we only went on two rides - spent most of our time touring the resorts, sitting in the sun, and having great dinner and drinks. A completely different dynamic for us, but so enjoyable!
Sounds like you found a whole new way to enjoy the parks (gives you an idea of how fund going to WDW will be like once all the kids are in college)... :wink: :mickey:

inkydog

Post by inkydog » Feb Thu 24, 2011 4:01 pm

It was very different for us, that's for sure. We stayed at the Polynesian and explored every inch of it. There are so many little things to see and do at each resort. You miss them when you don't do anything but sleep there. Took a bunch of photos of stuff that we'd normally pass by without giving it a second glance. We also did a tour of the new Bay Lake Tower - very nice!

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by fancyfeet » Mar Thu 24, 2011 10:52 am

Definitely smell the roses. Otherwise, all you remember once you get home is how tired you got running from one side of the park to the other! See if you can spot something you've never seen before. :)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Mar Sun 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Glad to see that the "relax and smell the roses" approach is the most common amongst my fellow Disney freaks. :lol:
I knew I'd be vindicated if I put the issue up for a vote. My sweetie is quite the extremist, I must say. Maybe the input from everyone else will help her see my point of view now. Thanks, y'all. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Glad to see that the "relax and smell the roses" approach is the most common amongst my fellow Disney freaks. :lol:
I knew I'd be vindicated if I put the issue up for a vote. My sweetie is quite the extremist, I must say. Maybe the input from everyone else will help her see my point of view now. Thanks, y'all. :D
I shall stand by Mouseoholic's side as she goes, goes, goes! But I think she has adopted your more relaxed touring style at times though...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sun 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Glad to see that the "relax and smell the roses" approach is the most common amongst my fellow Disney freaks. :lol:
I thought Dec 4th was actually a mix of both for Mouseoholic, M-dude.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 28, 2011 11:31 am

Sure BLAME us!!Image
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mousefan
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by mousefan » May Sun 01, 2011 11:43 am

We just started visiting the World in 2004 (I wish I had known what I was missing all those years!) Every trip to date has been Go! Go! Go!, and we have LOVED it! Yes, I am a firm believer in the spreadsheet. And, even for my mother (69 yrs. young) who has always traveled with us, all our Disney vacations have been unbelievable.

We will hopefully be returning to the World in late November and early December, this time with my brother who is battling cancer. If he's able, we are planning an 18-day vacation this time. We will be celebrating my mom's 70th birthday, our 15th wedding anniversary and my brother's 50th birthday at the World!

This will be a very different vacation for us for sure. If my brother is well enough to go, he will definitely not have the stamina to go, go, go like we have in the past...and that will be just fine with us! It will be wonderful for us and our 3 kids to be able to spend as much time with my brother and mother as possible. And I can't think of any better place to be! We will definitely be stopping to smell the roses this time...and thanking God for everyday we have the chance to do just that!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Wow! I hope it all works out so your family can spend the 18 days together. That sounds like a great opportunity for your family to spend some quality time together!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Wed 13, 2011 3:53 pm

mousefan wrote:We just started visiting the World in 2004 (I wish I had known what I was missing all those years!) Every trip to date has been Go! Go! Go!, and we have LOVED it! Yes, I am a firm believer in the spreadsheet. And, even for my mother (69 yrs. young) who has always traveled with us, all our Disney vacations have been unbelievable.

We will hopefully be returning to the World in late November and early December, this time with my brother who is battling cancer. If he's able, we are planning an 18-day vacation this time. We will be celebrating my mom's 70th birthday, our 15th wedding anniversary and my brother's 50th birthday at the World!

This will be a very different vacation for us for sure. If my brother is well enough to go, he will definitely not have the stamina to go, go, go like we have in the past...and that will be just fine with us! It will be wonderful for us and our 3 kids to be able to spend as much time with my brother and mother as possible. And I can't think of any better place to be! We will definitely be stopping to smell the roses this time...and thanking God for everyday we have the chance to do just that!!
Think you could postpone it until January and meet a bunch of us...? :goofy_bounce:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:25 pm

They are trying to arrange their trip to celebrate certain family milestones, guys...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Thu 14, 2011 1:28 am

mousefan wrote:We just started visiting the World in 2004 (I wish I had known what I was missing all those years!) Every trip to date has been Go! Go! Go!, and we have LOVED it! Yes, I am a firm believer in the spreadsheet. And, even for my mother (69 yrs. young) who has always traveled with us, all our Disney vacations have been unbelievable.

Awesome!! You guys will have so much fun!! And my thoughts with your brother.