Does your trip planning include getting fit for the MOUSE?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Does your trip planning include getting fit for the MOUS

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Wed 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Go M-dude Go, Go M-dude Go, sign up for the 1/2, Go M-dude Go!!! Did you get that subliminal message in there! :D :wink:

Jan. is a crap shoot in WDW! The year we ran the 1/2 it was actually warm and then last year in Dec. we froze!!!! So, I'm def. packing both types of running gear! I acutally prefer the cold weather, I hate this summer running, it's killer. I run faster and farther in the cold. I'm not wishing for 20 degrees though, that would ruin the vaca. So, here's hoping for perfect running temps. and low humidity!!!! 8-)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Fri 19, 2011 4:10 pm

I actually have been working on getting fit for the trip but more so for myself. I know it will be crazy walking all over the WDW parks and I'll be bringing an extra pair of shoes along with Dr. Scholls for that pair aside from my Shape-Ups. I think the first day my friend and I go, I'll have the Shape-Ups and after seeing how much we're able to squeeze in the first day then the next day will have the other pair.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Fri 19, 2011 4:49 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I actually have been working on getting fit for the trip but more so for myself. I know it will be crazy walking all over the WDW parks and I'll be bringing an extra pair of shoes along with Dr. Scholls for that pair aside from my Shape-Ups. I think the first day my friend and I go, I'll have the Shape-Ups and after seeing how much we're able to squeeze in the first day then the next day will have the other pair.
Good thinking! I always bring Crocs too, in case it rains, or we want to go on wet rides. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I actually have been working on getting fit for the trip but more so for myself. I know it will be crazy walking all over the WDW parks and I'll be bringing an extra pair of shoes along with Dr. Scholls for that pair aside from my Shape-Ups. I think the first day my friend and I go, I'll have the Shape-Ups and after seeing how much we're able to squeeze in the first day then the next day will have the other pair.
Good thinking! I always bring Crocs too, in case it rains, or we want to go on wet rides. :D
Always a good idea having 2 pairs of shoes, in case one gets wet, or just to give your feet a break by alternating pairs each day. Tennis shoes are the only footwear for me when I'm going to be on my feet and walking 12+ hours a day!
I brought my Mickey crocs last time but just wore them in the hotel room. Did you put your crocs in your backpack M-dude?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:39 am

Mousekedude wrote:
I am half tempted to bring flip flops to wander around the hotels with but I decided against it. I'd rather avoid it.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Good thinking! I always bring Crocs too, in case it rains, or we want to go on wet rides. :D
Always a good idea having 2 pairs of shoes, in case one gets wet, or just to give your feet a break by alternating pairs each day. Tennis shoes are the only footwear for me when I'm going to be on my feet and walking 12+ hours a day!
I brought my Mickey crocs last time but just wore them in the hotel room. Did you put your crocs in your backpack M-dude?
Yeh, they're packed next to his little bottles of rum... :wink: :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Sun 21, 2011 6:57 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:...Did you put your crocs in your backpack M-dude?
Absolutely correct!! You get a biscuit!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

You can save the moldy crackers for Iago - I'll take a chocolate chip cookie from MS Bakery instead... :mrgreen: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 22, 2011 6:27 am

Mousekedude wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:...Did you put your crocs in your backpack M-dude?
Absolutely correct!! You get a biscuit!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mindflipper wrote:You can save the moldy crackers for Iago - I'll take a chocolate chip cookie from MS Bakery instead... :mrgreen: :mickey:
I'll take his biscuit! :D Woof! :mrgreen: Meow?! :wink: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Mon 22, 2011 9:05 am

Cats have snacks, dogs have biscuits...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 22, 2011 11:33 am

Bad news. I've been having a lot of pain in the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal of my left foot. The first metatarsal of that foot is the one I had to have surgery on 12 years ago. Hope I'm not getting the same problem again with the others. I haven't been able to run since last Wednesday, and even a lot of walking aggravates it. :shock:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Mon 22, 2011 11:38 am

Mousekedude wrote:Bad news. I've been having a lot of pain in the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal of my left foot. The first metatarsal of that foot is the one I had to have surgery on 12 years ago. Hope I'm not getting the same problem again with the others. I haven't been able to run since last Wednesday, and even a lot of walking aggravates it. :shock:
Botheration just when you were doing so well, you know the drill no running until that gets fixed, hope it won't be to long but until then lots of rest.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 22, 2011 11:41 am

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this M-dude! If the problem persists you may need inserts for the shoes or I would go see a foot dr. Take an anti-inflamatory and rest up!!! Putting ice on it wouldn't hurt either.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 22, 2011 1:14 pm

mindflipper wrote:Cats have snacks, dogs have biscuits...
I was covering all my bases since I know the Mousekecouple is more friendly feeling towards kitties!
Mousekedude wrote:Bad news. I've been having a lot of pain in the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal of my left foot. The first metatarsal of that foot is the one I had to have surgery on 12 years ago. Hope I'm not getting the same problem again with the others. I haven't been able to run since last Wednesday, and even a lot of walking aggravates it. :shock:
boilerbabe wrote:Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this M-dude! If the problem persists you may need inserts for the shoes or I would go see a foot dr. Take an anti-inflamatory and rest up!!! Putting ice on it wouldn't hurt either.
Yes, definitely do the rest and ice and some sort of anti-inflammatory med. You could check out some physical therapy taping too, that might help. You don't want to make it to where you need surgery again. I had a good 12 weeks or so where I had to rest when my foot problems flared from too much biking last fall. I hope it all heals well so you can do your training again!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Mon 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Sorry to hear about the pain and troubles M-Dude. It sucks that when you are doing something good for your body, it starts to give you trouble. Rest up and ease back into it when you can.