Does your trip planning include getting fit for the MOUSE?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Does your trip planning include getting fit for the MOUS

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Thu 14, 2011 7:43 am

Sleepy90 wrote: Darn now I want to come and run with you all but I can not get time off work at that time of year. We are booked for early February as usual, still might see Soarin if she is around though.
Rats.... so close and yet so far! :( Well, at least you'll be there in spirit, and yeah... maybe if you see Soarin08 she can fill you in on the Mayhem.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 14, 2011 9:20 am

Mousekedude wrote:
mindflipper wrote: Go, go, go, go! Keep it up! Put that cupcake down, Mousekedude! Another lap for even looking at a desert! :wink:
Thanks, bro... that's what I'm talking about! Keep after me! :goofy_bounce:
...but be careful, M-dude. Texas is in a pretty bad heat wave right now. I don't want to hear that you got sick from heat exhaustion/heat stroke!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Fri 15, 2011 7:50 am

You're right about that, Mindflipper! This morning when I left for work it was 86 degrees... at 5:00 a.m.!! My trucks thermometer said 91 when I first got in, but I know my garage traps a lot of heat. It was 104 here yesterday, I think. :x

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Wed 17, 2011 9:39 am

It's still hotter than Hades in Texas. We've set all kinds of records lately. But the good news is that I'm sticking with my training. Running in 90 degree heat and 1000% humidity at 4:30 a.m. is a challenge, but it's going well. I'm happy to report that I ran a full 5K this morning in 39 minutes! I still need to lose another 25 pounds or so, I think, before I can shave that time down significantly, but I'm really happy with my progress. Keep after me, Mindflipper!!!
:goofy_bounce:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 17, 2011 11:21 am

I've already started my walks at night in the neighborhood (far too hot to do it in the daytime) to get prepared for January 2012...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Wed 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Way to go M-dude!!! I'm so proud of you!!! That is a huge accomplishment, now think of how much easier it will be to run 5K when it's not 100% humidity out!!! 8-) Keep up the good work!!! :goofy_bounce:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Keep running in that heat and humidity and you should be loosing those pounds soon, M-dude. Remember to hydate!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Mousekedude wrote:It's still hotter than Hades in Texas. We've set all kinds of records lately. But the good news is that I'm sticking with my training. Running in 90 degree heat and 1000% humidity at 4:30 a.m. is a challenge, but it's going well. I'm happy to report that I ran a full 5K this morning in 39 minutes! I still need to lose another 25 pounds or so, I think, before I can shave that time down significantly, but I'm really happy with my progress. Keep after me, Mindflipper!!!
:goofy_bounce:
Great job! The composer at the seminar I attended today is from Dallas so he was mentioning how horrible the heat has been down there this year.
B-babe has a point ~ by the time you get to Florida to run in January, you should have no problem with the weather! Is Mouseoholic able to keep training while she is working Down Under? She has it double hard since Australia has some really yummy beer!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 17, 2011 3:03 pm

In January, I don't think he'll need to worry about heat and humidity in Florida - just the cold, biting wind...

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Keep it up M-Dude, Mindflipper and anyone training for the races in January!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Wed 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks, all. :D
Honestly, I'm not sure how easily Mouseoholic is going to get in shape for January. I'm doing the best I can to encourage her, and she has been losing weight, but as far as training for the 5K... well, she hasn't had much time to work on that yet. She is a big-shot corporate muckety-muck with her company, after all, and they keep her very busy. On that note, we just got word today that her trip "Down Under" will start this coming Monday. She has promised to eat healthy and get as much exercise as possible during the month she's there, so we're hoping to get her 5K training started as soon as she gets back. I feel fairly confident that we can do it... after all, I went from couch potato to 39-minute-5K in only one month, and there are almost five months to go before the big day, so I think we can do it as long as she works hard and follows the advice of our personal trainer, Boilerbabe. :D
And yeah, I think that all this training in the heat and humidity is going to make it a breeze for me in January. Shoot, I may just run "The Half" while I'm there just because I'll have so much extra energy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Thanks, all. :D
Honestly, I'm not sure how easily Mouseoholic is going to get in shape for January. I'm doing the best I can to encourage her, and she has been losing weight, but as far as training for the 5K... well, she hasn't had much time to work on that yet. She is a big-shot corporate muckety-muck with her company, after all, and they keep her very busy. On that note, we just got word today that her trip "Down Under" will start this coming Monday. She has promised to eat healthy and get as much exercise as possible during the month she's there, so we're hoping to get her 5K training started as soon as she gets back. I feel fairly confident that we can do it... after all, I went from couch potato to 39-minute-5K in only one month, and there are almost five months to go before the big day, so I think we can do it as long as she works hard and follows the advice of our personal trainer, Boilerbabe. :D
And yeah, I think that all this training in the heat and humidity is going to make it a breeze for me in January. Shoot, I may just run "The Half" while I'm there just because I'll have so much extra energy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yay for Mouseoholic definitely getting to go to Australia ~ I hope she has some time to sight-see while she is down there. I highly recommend going white-water rafting if she can fit it in. Also she should try a scuba dive. The Aussies are very laid back and I was able to dive alongside a dive master without having full certification which would likely never happen here in the States. Does she know what part of Australia she'll be in yet? The weather should be nice there too since it is nearing the end of winter, coming into spring!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Wed 17, 2011 4:42 pm

She'll be in Perth. And I don't know how much time she'll have for extra-curricular activities, but we'll see.... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Mousekedude wrote:She'll be in Perth. And I don't know how much time she'll have for extra-curricular activities, but we'll see.... :wink:
Oh, I never made it to the Western side of the continent, but I'm sure it is very nice. Hopefully she'll have some down-time to travel a bit :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 17, 2011 7:16 pm

I would love it if she could do an "off topic" trip report while she's there...