Does your trip planning include getting fit for the MOUSE?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Does your trip planning include getting fit for the MOUS

Post by NaCler » Jan Tue 11, 2011 8:10 am

It may not be associated with the Wii Fit, but we got the Michael Jackson experience dancing game for Christmas in Florida so we could play with family. Let's just say I whipped every challenger! There are rumors of pictures and video, but those are mysteriously missing. :D It's a pretty good workout so I may add that to my exercise regimen as I have set a lofty goal for weight loss this year.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:38 am

NaCler wrote:It may not be associated with the Wii Fit, but we got the Michael Jackson experience dancing game for Christmas in Florida so we could play with family. Let's just say I whipped every challenger! There are rumors of pictures and video, but those are mysteriously missing. :D It's a pretty good workout so I may add that to my exercise regimen as I have set a lofty goal for weight loss this year.
Fun ~ my friends friend got that and played it on New Year's Eve, but that was night I didn't feel well and went home early :( It sounded like they had a blast with it!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 12:09 pm

I am proud to say I did not have any serious weight gain from my trip to WDW back in December; then again, I was there for just a day. I had heard that O'hanas was a lot of food, so I had intentionally skipped lunch before so I could eat at O'hanas. Combined with all that walking, in the end I came out with zero net weight gain. So I guess boilerbabe is right - vacation calories don't count after all! :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 1:20 pm

mindflipper wrote:I am proud to say I did not have any serious weight gain from my trip to WDW back in December; then again, I was there for just a day. I had heard that O'hanas was a lot of food, so I had intentionally skipped lunch before so I could eat at O'hanas. Combined with all that walking, in the end I came out with zero net weight gain. So I guess boilerbabe is right - vacation calories don't count after all! :wink:
Sigh...whatever will we do with you mindflipper?! :?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Tue 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:...I can't hula very well but I keep trying Mouseoholic is the hula Queen.
That she is! She has almost hit 900 in Super Hula! I can't remember the exact score, but I know it's in the very high 800's. And by the way, that's in the shortest session. I don't know how she does it so fast, but I get a kick out of watching her shake it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On another note, after almost a month of being back from our trip, I'm finally starting to get back into a good fitness routine. I was in "vacation mode" pretty bad for the last few weeks: eating like a pig, no exercise.... I think a gained a few pounds back. But we started back on a healthier eating routine finally, and last night we went walking/jogging for the first time since our trip. I was thrilled to find that I could also do more running than I expected to... not just running, but actual sprinting, too! No pain or stiffness, either. Those long, grueling days at WDW got my feet/ankles/legs into pretty decent shape. Now I can't wait to go running more often, and I'm even starting to get inklings that maybe in the future I can dream big and enter a run at WDW! Who knows?

:goofy_bounce:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » May Sun 08, 2011 3:22 am

Just taken up the couch to 5k challenge, thought it would get me going slowly enough for me not to give up.
I have my sights set on a Disney medal of some sort. :)

But while in training I am getting back to the president's challenge, I completed the active lifestyle award last year and am now on the bronze award. Still have a way to go to catch Joe as he is on the gold award.

Nacler I know you are in training so check it out another medal wouldn't do any harm would it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 08, 2011 7:34 am

Sleepy90 wrote:Just taken up the couch to 5k challenge, thought it would get me going slowly enough for me not to give up.
I have my sights set on a Disney medal of some sort. :)

But while in training I am getting back to the president's challenge, I completed the active lifestyle award last year and am now on the bronze award. Still have a way to go to catch Joe as he is on the gold award.

Nacler I know you are in training so check it out another medal wouldn't do any harm would it.
What sort of medal does the 5K offer? Best of luck on the training ~ sounds like you are doing wonderful so far! :D

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » May Sun 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Amy wrote:What sort of medal does the 5K offer? Best of luck on the training ~ sounds like you are doing wonderful so far! :D
I have no idea Amy I've just started I'm not up to 5k yet 9 weeks they reckon to get to that stage then we will see.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:What sort of medal does the 5K offer? Best of luck on the training ~ sounds like you are doing wonderful so far! :D
I have no idea Amy I've just started I'm not up to 5k yet 9 weeks they reckon to get to that stage then we will see.
Oh...well, do your best then! And post a photo when you earn your medal :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Wed 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Bad news: In the last five months of heart-wrenching drama, I've allowed the stress to get the best of me and have not been exercising or eating right (been eating like a brain-addled pig, actually...). So I've gained back 15 of the 25 pounds I had lost before the December trip. :shock: :x

Good news: now that we've planned another trip for January, and are actually planning to run the 5k, serious dieting and training has restarted in earnest! I'm confident that I can lose at least 30 pounds and get into great shape in time to run that race, and I'm looking forward to the challenge! Mouseoholic is right there with me, too, so wish us well my fellow Mayhem Marauders! Your support was very motivating for us last year, and we're counting on it again now! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Awesome Mousekedude!!! What I didn't mention before is that we were looking into possibly trying the 5K ourselves. But we want to make sure hubby will be ok before we even think about trying to train. We need something to give us a boost, and this just might be the thing to do it. Hearing that you guys are running is wonderful! :D
Like I mentioned on the other thread, we still have to clear a few hurdles before we can commit to the trip...but now I really, really, really want to go!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Bad news: In the last five months of heart-wrenching drama, I've allowed the stress to get the best of me and have not been exercising or eating right (been eating like a brain-addled pig, actually...). So I've gained back 15 of the 25 pounds I had lost before the December trip. :shock: :x

Good news: now that we've planned another trip for January, and are actually planning to run the 5k, serious dieting and training has restarted in earnest! I'm confident that I can lose at least 30 pounds and get into great shape in time to run that race, and I'm looking forward to the challenge! Mouseoholic is right there with me, too, so wish us well my fellow Mayhem Marauders! Your support was very motivating for us last year, and we're counting on it again now! :D
Go, go, go, go! Keep it up! Put that cupcake down, Mousekedude! Another lap for even looking at a desert! :wink:

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Thu 14, 2011 2:09 am

MmeLeota wrote:Awesome Mousekedude!!! What I didn't mention before is that we were looking into possibly trying the 5K ourselves. But we want to make sure hubby will be ok before we even think about trying to train. We need something to give us a boost, and this just might be the thing to do it. Hearing that you guys are running is wonderful! :D
Like I mentioned on the other thread, we still have to clear a few hurdles before we can commit to the trip...but now I really, really, really want to go!!!
Darn now I want to come and run with you all but I can not get time off work at that time of year. We are booked for early February as usual, still might see Soarin if she is around though.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Thu 14, 2011 7:40 am

mindflipper wrote: Go, go, go, go! Keep it up! Put that cupcake down, Mousekedude! Another lap for even looking at a desert! :wink:
Thanks, bro... that's what I'm talking about! Keep after me! :goofy_bounce:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Thu 14, 2011 7:41 am

MmeLeota wrote:Awesome Mousekedude!!! What I didn't mention before is that we were looking into possibly trying the 5K ourselves. But we want to make sure hubby will be ok before we even think about trying to train. We need something to give us a boost, and this just might be the thing to do it. Hearing that you guys are running is wonderful! :D
...and we really, really, really want to see you guys there! Pixie dust comin' atcha!!! :D