Disneyland Plus????

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Disneyland Plus????

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Jun Sat 12, 2010 11:42 am

We are trying to plan a trip in Dec. (Off Season) We are thing of WDW but we have a 5 and a 2 year old. WE are afraid the 5 year old will want ot go on to many big rides and the 2 year old will get jelous. We go about every other year. I have never been to Disneyland and thought is may be a great trip. I have 2 questions......

1. Is now a good time or is it better to wait till the kids are taller to go on the rides?(Since it may be a long time before we return?)

2. If we go should we plan on seeing the other atttrations in the area? (Lego Land the Zoo Sea world???) and if so What are the recomendations on those attrations?

Thanks for the thoughts!!!
Last edited by Mamabaminjamin on Jun Sun 13, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disnayland Plus????

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 13, 2010 12:04 am

Hmm that is a tough age grouping for you. The 5 year old is at the perfect age where he will probably remember bits and pieces but will love meeting the characters. As for the 2 year old, it could be a little tricky. The 2 year old could hinder you with what attractions you can go on as a family and how much time can be spent at the park. I don't think jealousy is too much of an issue as long as you both split up for small time periods.
I personally am split 50/50 on this one. You have the ability to see all the great Holiday decorations and shows, but the 2 year old might tire out quickly as WDW is quite exhausting. If you wait until they are taller it will most likely be around 3-4 years. Most of the attractions you have to be around 40 inches to ride. Once you hit that height, there are very few attractions that you need to worry about.

As for other things to see, I don't know about the ones listed since I never went to Lego Land and have not been to Sea World in years. I honestly think the kids would get a kick out of Seuss landing at Universal IOA.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Disnayland Plus????

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sun 13, 2010 9:41 am

Mamabaminjamin wrote:We are trying to plan a trip in Dec. (Off Season) We are thing of WDW but we have a 5 and a 2 year old. WE are afraid the 5 year old will want ot go on to many big rides and the 2 year old will get jelous. We go about every other year. I have never been to Disneyland and thought is may be a great trip. I have 2 questions......

1. Is now a good time or is it better to wait till the kids are taller to go on the rides?(Since it may be a long time before we return?)

2. If we go should we plan on seeing the other atttrations in the area? (Lego Land the Zoo Sea world???) and if so What are the recomendations on those attrations?

Thanks for the thoughts!!!
I'm a little confused. Are you planning a trip to California or Florida? (since both were mentioned in your post)

Mamabaminjamin

Re: Disneyland Plus????

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Jun Sun 13, 2010 10:00 am

We are thinking of planning a trip to CA. We are thinking this will be a once or maybe twice in a lifetime thing so we wanted to wait till the best time.

Len90
I'm not to worried about the 2 year old getting tired. Her ran WDW at 14 months w/o a nap like a champ. We would go back to the room at 1:30 or so that way we could get dinner and hit the night time stuff. We are really blessed our kids don't generally get whiny when they are tired.

If we flew in is it best to rent a car????

Thanks for all the advise.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I think Disneyland is a better option at this age. It is much smaller and easier to get around. If you stay on property you can run back for a nap or a swim in the pool as a nice break from the parks. Plus you'll get to see World of Color!
Sea World is always entertaining. My nephew loved Lego Land when he was around 8 or 9...I didn't go there so don't know how much of that is geared to the very young set like your kids. If you have time it would be worth going to San Diego zoo but be aware it is huge!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Well since it is DLR, time to eliminate my idea of IOA since I had thought you were planning on going to Florida. It is good to hear that they kids will be able to handle it. The height restrictions might hinder you with a lot in CA but you should be able to make up for it in Fantasyland. If it is a once or twice in a lifetime you might wnat to hold out if you want both children to have the memories. That would be the only main reason to hold off on it.

As for the San Diego Zoo, we went there in July 2007 and it was massive. I honestly think we walked forever and never even accomplished half of the place. Probably the most impressive zoo I have ever been to. It definitely beat out the Toronto Zoo which I was at last summer.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 14, 2010 8:13 am

Mamabaminjamin wrote:We are thinking of planning a trip to CA. We are thinking this will be a once or maybe twice in a lifetime thing so we wanted to wait till the best time.

Len90
I'm not to worried about the 2 year old getting tired. Her ran WDW at 14 months w/o a nap like a champ. We would go back to the room at 1:30 or so that way we could get dinner and hit the night time stuff. We are really blessed our kids don't generally get whiny when they are tired.

If we flew in is it best to rent a car????

Thanks for all the advise.
Last time I flew out, I took a shuttle bus from the airport to DLR. CA traffic can be crazy. You can rent cars around the airport, but there may be places around in Anahiem too (could take a shuttle bus in, and then rent a car once you're there just for those days you would need a car - to pay for a rental car on a day you don't need is just wasted $$$). Need to check with the rental car agencies on-line to see what locations they have.