Going Back for Some More...

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Going Back for Some More...

Post by Len90 » Apr Thu 15, 2010 10:38 pm

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that I announce our return to Disney World this summer! I am excited to embark on another 8 day magical journey to WDW. It was extremely tough in organizing the dates, but I managed to find the one week where we will all be free. We leave on June 26 and will be staying at my beloved Yacht Club.

Dinner arrangements for this year include a lot of rituals/traditions: O'hana, Le Cellier, Garden Grill, and Prime Time Cafe

There will be some restaurants that we will be trying for the first time in years: Restaurant Marrakesh, Teppan Edo, and Tony's. Please share your opinions and views on these choices.

Also, I squeezed in a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I have been waiting for years to eat breakfast with the Mad Hatter!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Congrats, Len90! Hope you have a good time with the family!

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Apr Fri 16, 2010 2:02 am

Congrats! Have a great time.

Tony's wasn't my favorite. It was OK, but nothing really special. Teppan Edo, yum!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Fri 16, 2010 6:48 am

Congrats Len... I'm glad you were able to get 1900 Park Fare in. I would like to do it sometime soon.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 16, 2010 7:47 am

Congrats Len!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Apr Fri 16, 2010 8:09 am

That's awesome Len! Nothing like the excitement of locking down the dates and looking forward to the next trip back to the world! Great restaurant choices as we seem to have many favorites in common.

As for Tony's we did that one a couple trips ago and had mixed feelings. For one, you cannot beat the location, especially if you have a table overlooking the square but we felt the food could have been better. Some might say this about a lot of their "themed" restaurants saying you are paying for the location/experience...etc but we felt this one fell well below the bar in food quality. Maybe we ordered the wrong things, or it was an off day but wanted to share our experience.

Congrats again, you will see all the Summer Nightastic adds for this summer too - have to let us know how they all are (New ToT effects, MSEP, and Fireworks....even though I know it will be hard for you not see Wishes).

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Apr Fri 16, 2010 8:26 am

Excellent. Hope to see the report and pictures like your last trip.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Apr Fri 16, 2010 8:31 am

Yea! We are going back Aug 14th to the 22nd. School starts for my son on the 23rd. What a better way to end the summer for us! I look forward to this trip but in a way I don't want to wish away our summer either!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 16, 2010 9:01 am

Glad you have a trip planned Len (and you also sherabby!). I've only been to a few of your tried and true restaurants, Garden Grill and Prime Time Cafe so I have no knowledge to impart ~ like I could tell you anything you don't know :lol: Sounds like the brekkie at 1900 Park Fare will be a fun time!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Fri 16, 2010 9:33 am

Hey, Len90, what about Mark86? Will he be going as well? I know its hard to get the family all together when one of the family members is occupationally occupied alot.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Fri 16, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks a lot everybody! Mindflipper: Mark86 is coming along, but he was the reason why it took so long to plan. His schedule is really bad, but I worked this trip onto my brother's schedule. There will be a trip report with lots of pictures.

I am excited to see the nightsstic festivities this year. It will be upsetting not seeing wishes and spectromagic, but I think I can handle some new things. The ToT effects really have me excited.

As far as Tony's that is consistent with what I heard when reading reviews and putting our dining together. However it is for the last night and we needed a restaurant in MK since we are hoping for the July 4th fireworks preview.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Apr Fri 16, 2010 10:16 am

yay Len... who is all going this trip?

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Apr Fri 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Looks like a great trip. 8 days at the Yacht Club - definately a great trip.

The only restaurant I am not a fan of is Tony's. Just adequate Italian. It is in the MK, but they really do not maximize a perfect location. Probably the second question is Garden Grill, but that is good, and you get a ton of character interaction.

So . . . . . let the countdown begin.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Congrats Len! I'm glad you guys will get to go this year! Just like everyone els, I wll be anxiously awaiting the trip report when you come back...after last year's fab report, there's a lot to live up to. ;)

As far as the restaurants go, they all sound good to me...considering I have only been to 1 on your list. We went to Garden Grill and loved it! Lots of interaction with the characters, changing scenery and good ol' BBQ (though I kept eating my niece's mac-n-cheese). :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Fri 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Len90: like the others around here, I found Tony's to be disappointing too. Have you ever tried the Liberty Tree Tavern in the Liberty Square area? I found the food there to be better quality than Tony's.