Radisson near WDW & transportation ?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

viking245
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Radisson near WDW & transportation ?

Post by viking245 » Apr Sat 03, 2010 5:05 pm

We'll be in Orlando at the end of June, beginning of July for an event at the convention center. For convenience, we'll be staying next to the convention center during the event but then moving to the Radisson-Celebration on the 4th. We're debating on whether to rent a car or not.

Does the Radisson have free transportation to and from the park(s)? Does it work well (times of operation, pick-up, drop-off locations)? Did it work for you? If you rented a car, how'd that works as far as parking fees and tolls?

I guess it comes down to if the convenience of having your "own" car worth the cost of a rental compared to using available alternative transportation.

In a quandary and open to any and all suggestions.
Joe

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Sat 03, 2010 11:56 pm

According to their website, they do provide free shuttle service. I did a little digging and found their schedule posted online. It doesn't seem like it is that frequent. I have never stayed there. The only off property place I ever was in was the Marriott World Convention Center. We rented a car and drove to the parks. It was really a hassle when compared to the bus service that leaves you with door to door service.
http://www.chwcms.com/rad/images/hotels ... hedule.pdf

As for parking a rental car, it is $14 base rate for a vehicle at any park.

Also, I am going to move this to Trip Planning. Might be able to get more assistance over there.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

viking245

Post by viking245 » Apr Mon 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks Len.