What is your MUST DO dining?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

What is your MUST DO dining?

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Sat 20, 2010 12:05 pm

What is that one place you just have to eat at each visit? It may be sit down or counter, but you HAVE TO eat there.

Mine is Boma for dinner, and and off site location, Tijuana Flats. Both are just too good.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Mar Sat 20, 2010 1:33 pm

I've got a couple. Cape May for the dinner buffet and Pecos Bill Cafe. PBC is a nostalgic pick. It was the first place I ever had lunch in WDW. Way back in 1982.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 20, 2010 2:01 pm

I guess we don't really have any "have to eat at it" spots. I always try to get a mickey mouse rice krispie treat with the chocolate ears though. And my Mom feels no trip is complete without a Mickey Mouse ice cream treat and a turkey leg.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Sat 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Cafe Orleans with my mom. We love to split an order of pomme frites, Monte Cristos and beignets for dessert. It's one of our favorites.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Sat 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm with kcarts - Cape May for the clam bake. Yummy!

We used to eat at Akershus every trip, but they ruined it with the numerous menu changes and then turning it into a character meal. I was quite sad because it was my favorite restaurant and you never needed reservations.

As for snacks, I must have a kaki-gori in Epcot and an ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow at the MK.

Pluto23

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Sat 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Arete wrote:I'm with kcarts - Cape May for the clam bake. Yummy!

We used to eat at Akershus every trip, but they ruined it with the numerous menu changes and then turning it into a character meal. I was quite sad because it was my favorite restaurant and you never needed reservations.

As for snacks, I must have a kaki-gori in Epcot and an ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow at the MK.
OK - I have never had either of those snacks. Something new to try. Do they make the ice cream sandwich fresh - or is it a Mickey Ice Cream?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sat 20, 2010 8:12 pm

For years, it was always Alfredo's Ristorante di Roma at EPCOT for my birthday - that is, until they closed it down. The new place is an overpriced poor replacement. When at MK, its Liberty Tree Tavern.

Arete

Post by Arete » Mar Sat 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Pluto23 wrote:OK - I have never had either of those snacks. Something new to try. Do they make the ice cream sandwich fresh - or is it a Mickey Ice Cream?
It's a real ice cream sandwich - two TollHouse cookies with vanilla ice cream in the middle. It's so huge I usually take one of the cookies off and stash it away for later. Everyone always wants the funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow and miss out on the deliciousness that is the ice cream sandwich. Of course this is assuming the menu is still the same, it's been over a year since my last visit.

metsofny

Post by metsofny » Mar Sun 21, 2010 12:58 am

I just tried Boatwright's dining hall. It quickly skyrocketed to the top of my list. The crayfish appetizer is great and the main courses are some of the best.

Pluto23

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Sun 21, 2010 5:53 am

Arete wrote:
Pluto23 wrote:OK - I have never had either of those snacks. Something new to try. Do they make the ice cream sandwich fresh - or is it a Mickey Ice Cream?
It's a real ice cream sandwich - two TollHouse cookies with vanilla ice cream in the middle. It's so huge I usually take one of the cookies off and stash it away for later. Everyone always wants the funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow and miss out on the deliciousness that is the ice cream sandwich. Of course this is assuming the menu is still the same, it's been over a year since my last visit.
I am so in for this ice cream sandwich. Just sounds too awesome to miss. Of course, I do go for the funnel cakes with a mix of cinnamon & powder sugar.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Sun 21, 2010 3:39 pm

For us it has to be the Prime Time Cafe for a dinner. We go there every year and we always try to get the same server. I know they play the "family" role there, but to us the server is like family already.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

withspirit
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by withspirit » Mar Mon 22, 2010 7:42 am

Our family has two. Yak-n-Yeti in Animal Kingdom and Ragland Road in Downtown Disney.

:? Thinking how much we also love Beaches-n-Creme, Boma, Jiko, Sanaa, Main Street Bakery, Cantina de San Angel, Le Cellier, Kona, O'Hana, ... :shock:
No really, see? It's a screwdriver and it's... sonic
The Doctor

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 22, 2010 9:12 am

I have to eat at San Angel Inn in Mexico every trip. It's just something that I have to do and I know that I can relax by El Rio del Tiempo and enjoy an authentic Mexican meal.

Other than that I have gotten a beer and pretzel from Germany on my last few trips since turning 21.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Mon 22, 2010 10:11 am

Sci-Fi is a MUST for DH and I.

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Mar Mon 22, 2010 11:32 am

I have to eat the lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor house. It is usually my 1st meal of the trip.

Get off the plane, right ME to resort, drop bags, grab bus to MK, walk to Columbia Harbor house for sandwich, let Dd pick first ride of the trip....