REPORT: JustGot back from DLR. AWESOME!!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

holidaygeek
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

REPORT: JustGot back from DLR. AWESOME!!!

Post by holidaygeek » Dec Wed 09, 2009 12:54 pm

I took the Family to DLR for Christmas this year WOW!!
I have never been in any disney park for christmas THIS WAS AWESOME!! the light show in pixie hallow was really cool. the Enchantment lighting of the castle WAS AWESOME too. and the fire works were cool.

Small world Chrismas was really cool lots to see in there. we rode just about everything. even picked up a few Disney Christmas CD's for my Disney music collection.. The Christmas Fantasy Parade was really neat to.

we did all 3 character meals lunch at areils Grotto, bfast with minnie and friend and goofy's kitchen.

it was amazing, we missed the candlelight processional because we had to head back home. ( I would have loved to have seen it )

Christmas at Disneyland. truly a once in a lifetime experience,,,
Scot Meyers
Thornton, CO
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures"- Walt Disney"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Wed 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I am so glad you had a great time! Disneyland is a wonderful place at Christmastime!

We have yet to experience the Candelight Processional as well...oh well, another reason to go back! :)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Wed 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Glad to hear that you had a great experience there! I have yet to do all three character meals. I've only done Goofy's Kitchen yeeeears ago when I was a kid.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Dec Wed 09, 2009 3:55 pm

I have been on Facebook toooo much, after I read your post holidaygeek I was looking for the "like" button on here :lol:
glad you had a great time and enjoyed the trip!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 08, 2010 6:57 am

Hey holidaygeek, did you get any pictures or video of pixie hollow?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 08, 2010 12:42 pm

I've seen video of the Candlelight Processional at DLR, so I know what you mean by how much you would have wanted to see it. It was one of things that encouraged me to go see the Candelight Processional at EPCOT. Maybe next time, holidaygeek?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 08, 2010 4:33 pm

For me, the draw of Candlelight Processional was always the celebrity reader they had for each show. That was so fun to see someone famous that close up ~ but the show was always lovely. It was surprising to see how many cast members volunteered their time to be included in the show...