Meal Vouchers

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

simplecomp
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Meal Vouchers

Post by simplecomp » Mar Tue 29, 2005 3:17 pm

Does anybody have any info on meal vouchers and are they worth it. I heard rumors of getting them super cheap online????

mickster68
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

meal vouchers

Post by mickster68 » Mar Tue 29, 2005 4:53 pm

I've seen them for sale on ebay, and wasn't sure myself if they were worth it. Most of them are for "quick and casual" meals--not sit down dining. Depending on how much you get them for, I imagine you'd be saving some dough :?:
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Mar Tue 29, 2005 4:56 pm

That's a great question...

I've never seen any writeup on what kind of savings the vouchers will provide. Maybe someone knows a site that has done this sort of review?

mickster68

meal vouchers

Post by mickster68 » Mar Tue 29, 2005 4:58 pm

I'm curious myself, and going to look into it right now! Will pass on any info I find.
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

simplecomp

meal vouchers

Post by simplecomp » Mar Tue 29, 2005 8:07 pm

I was just reading something on ebay about a former disney cast member who has the secrets to planning an inexpensive trip to disney including buying meal vouchers at a quarter the cost or somthing like that then it goes on to finding freebies ect. but of course you have do bid on it and hopefully you get what you paid for. Im a little skeptical of this one but if any one out there knows what its about and there truth behind it then I'm all for it. thanks Brice

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Mar Wed 30, 2005 12:21 am

I have purchased vouchers online. Payed to much, wouldn't do it again. :(

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Mar Wed 30, 2005 9:05 am

Disneynut wrote:I have purchased vouchers online. Payed to much, wouldn't do it again. :(
I'm also wary about buying anything like that on ebay. Especially ticket media. We had some terrible situations with guests who purchased tickets that way who discovered they got ripped off.

Imagine that you've bought 7 day park hopper plus tickets, and you get to the gates only to find out they are completely used! With the new style of tickets with the magnetic strip, there is NO WAY to tell how many times they have been used, unless you bring them in person to Guest Relations.

Be careful!

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Mar Wed 30, 2005 10:47 am

I dont think there a real value to be honest. You might be able to save a few dollars, but I don't think they're worth it.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

delray
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Meal Voucers

Post by delray » Apr Fri 08, 2005 8:59 pm

The meal voucers were a great deal! You could buy them from the Hotwire Savings Club. You could join the club for $10 and pay $7.95 per month as long as you were a member. Quick and casual meal voucers were $11.50 and lunch vouchers for fine dining were $32. It was very easy to get your money's worth. I keep using the past tense because the vouchers became unavailable when Disney changed its meal package pricing as part of magic your way. Any vouchers you can still buy on Ebay will expire on 31 May 05. You are buying them from people who got them from Hotwire and are trying to make a little money by marking up the price.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Wed 20, 2005 1:53 pm

delray is correct. Due to the whole new ticket pricing and meal options Disney has discontinued the selling of Meal Vouchers. (At least for now anyway, who knows down the road). It's really too bad, because - if used smartly - really saved alot of money - plus, some meals were paid upfront. :D

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sat 07, 2005 11:48 am

I had heard that your normally had to purchase much more food than you normally would in order to make them cost-effective.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Sat 07, 2005 7:07 pm

[quote="jkm8113"]I had heard that your normally had to purchase much more food than you normally would in order to make them cost-effective.[/quote]

Not necessarily purchase, but order - the vouchers cost a flat $11.25 and you could order one drink, one main course (a side and a main dish) and one dessert. Granted, I don't eat that much at home, so we found that if we split the meal, then it was like a really filling snack. Or, my DH would order a drink and burger (no side dish or dessert) and we'd both share the side dish and dessert and both be filled! If you used them at the right places, they were really cost effective. Anyway, I guess it really doesn't matter, because they are no longer available. :cry:

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sun 08, 2005 7:52 am

"order" was what I was meaning. I had a friend that said she and her husband felt there was food that was wasted because it was more than they could eat.

rcpratt3

Post by rcpratt3 » May Mon 09, 2005 3:35 pm

It depends on how you use them & where you buy them. Ebay charges more than they are worth, so stay away from there! If you tend to buy the most expensive things on the menu, then you can save $, but otherwise I wouldn't waiste my time or $ looking for them. This year, Hotwire is no longer selling them. They are only available for groups or organizations.