Port Orleans Riverside and Magical Express

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Port Orleans Riverside and Magical Express

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Mon 26, 2010 4:53 pm

They mean the resorts like on Hotel Plaza Blvd. We've used DME from both Riverside and FQ before.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by stinoi » Aug Mon 30, 2010 9:02 pm

We have used ME on all of our trips in recent years, including when it first started. We've always had a good experience with it. In fact, with our first trip using ME, it took us only 90 minutes to get from the airport to the resort, check in, get changed, and walk through the gates of Epcot. While I'm not thrilled about leaving so early, it does offer us plenty of time to relax and enjoy a quiet coffee together before departing MCO.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 31, 2010 6:47 am

stinoi wrote:We have used ME on all of our trips in recent years, including when it first started. We've always had a good experience with it. In fact, with our first trip using ME, it took us only 90 minutes to get from the airport to the resort, check in, get changed, and walk through the gates of Epcot. While I'm not thrilled about leaving so early, it does offer us plenty of time to relax and enjoy a quiet coffee together before departing MCO.
Wow! That seems really quick from airport to EPCOT! I hope we can do that well on our next trip :D

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Sep Wed 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Amy wrote:Might I ask what the charge for the Happy Limo was? I've seen it advertised on the Intercot Insider...we might have to have some sort of grocery run ourselves since I normally pack a week's worth of granola bars and cheese and peanut butter crackers in my check-on. I will need to weigh whether I am saving money or not with the new baggage fees! :lol:
Sorry for the late reply Amy. We pay around $111 round trip including a quick stop to a grocery store. It depends on where your resort is located and if you have any discounts. If you mention Mousesavers.com you can get $ off. If we can swing using them we will. It is well worth the expense. So far we are booked with them again this year but if the budget gets too tight before we go, we will switch to ME. When you do this you have to at least notify ME 3-4 weeks in advance so they can send you your luggage tags. If you are like me and pack extra :oops: :roll: :oops: , you will need to let them know so they can send you extra luggage tags.

You may also want to look into using Garden Grocers. http://gardengrocer.com/
We have used them too and had a good experience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:
Amy wrote:Might I ask what the charge for the Happy Limo was? I've seen it advertised on the Intercot Insider...we might have to have some sort of grocery run ourselves since I normally pack a week's worth of granola bars and cheese and peanut butter crackers in my check-on. I will need to weigh whether I am saving money or not with the new baggage fees! :lol:
Sorry for the late reply Amy. We pay around $111 round trip including a quick stop to a grocery store. It depends on where your resort is located and if you have any discounts. If you mention Mousesavers.com you can get $ off. If we can swing using them we will. It is well worth the expense. So far we are booked with them again this year but if the budget gets too tight before we go, we will switch to ME. When you do this you have to at least notify ME 3-4 weeks in advance so they can send you your luggage tags. If you are like me and pack extra :oops: :roll: :oops: , you will need to let them know so they can send you extra luggage tags.
You may also want to look into using Garden Grocers. http://gardengrocer.com/
We have used them too and had a good experience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Mouseoholic!
No problem Mouseoholic...the trip is still 3 months away although now you've got me thinking I am slacking for not having any packing done :lol:
Thinking we will have to stick with the ME. $111 probably would be more than I would spend on snacks to get me by anyhow. It sounds like a nice service though.
I might have to look at the gardengrocer too ~ thanks for the tip :D

marjun
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by marjun » Apr Wed 27, 2011 4:29 am

FlyingMouse wrote:All Walt Disney World® -owned and -operated resorts offer this service for Guests arriving at the Orlando International Airport with the exception of Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. This service is also not offered for Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, and Downtown Disney® Area resorts. Disney's Magical Express is not available for Guests arriving at other Central Florida airports For more info about this service, please visit our Disney's Magical Express FAQ.

From what I've read, Port Orleans Riverside is located in the Downtown Disney Area. Is it not serviced by Magical Express then? If it's not, then I'm going to select a different hotel.

Anybody know for sure???

Thanks!!!

Is Vero Beach Resort a nice resort?

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Wed 27, 2011 8:04 am

Amy wrote:No problem Mouseoholic...the trip is still 3 months away although now you've got me thinking I am slacking for not having any packing done :lol:
:lol: No, you're not slacking. We don't start really packing until that week.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » May Tue 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Ha! Threads from the dead! :D

Well, 2.5 years later, and we're now going to take that trip. Not going to fly, though. It's cheaper to drive 2.5 days each direction. Plus, the kiddos have never been on a loooooonnnnnngggggg, multi-day cross-country trip. Every child needs to experience that <insert evil laugh>. So, in 12 days, we're going to load up the Wagon Queen Family Truckster and head to the happiest place on earth while whistling Zippity Do Dah out of.... :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 17, 2011 6:04 pm

FlyingMouse wrote:Ha! Threads from the dead! :D

Well, 2.5 years later, and we're now going to take that trip. Not going to fly, though. It's cheaper to drive 2.5 days each direction. Plus, the kiddos have never been on a loooooonnnnnngggggg, multi-day cross-country trip. Every child needs to experience that <insert evil laugh>. So, in 12 days, we're going to load up the Wagon Queen Family Truckster and head to the happiest place on earth while whistling Zippity Do Dah out of.... :lol:
Hmmm, I'm thinking that I would have been just as happy as an adult never having to endure the two day trip to Florida in the station wagon :?
It does sound like fun though and I'm sure the kids will have better entertainment than we did back then ;) With the advances in electronics, they might not even notice they have left until they have to go to the bathroom :shock: :lol: