Upcoming Disneyland vacation

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Aladdin show

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Mar Fri 11, 2005 6:29 pm

kgmadorin wrote:I would like to see both shows, but I'll definitely take your advice and see the Aladdin show first. Where does that take place in DCA? And roughly how big is DCA compared to Disneyland?

Does the Snow White show take place in that outdoor theater near Toontown & it's a small world?

Aladdin takes place in the Hollywood Backlot area, in the Hyperion theatre. It's pretty much next to the Tower of Terror.

And yeah, I think Snow White takes place in the theatre near Toontown.

In terms of relative size, I have no idea...maybe half or 3/4 the size?
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Mar Fri 11, 2005 6:54 pm

That'd be the Fantasyland Theater for Snow White

I would shoot for DCA being 2/3 size of DL, though I haven't been there since ToT opened up so that is just guess from looking at the construction the last time I was there.
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Aladdin show

Post by Shinku » Mar Sat 12, 2005 6:36 pm

kgmadorin wrote:I would like to see both shows, but I'll definitely take your advice and see the Aladdin show first. Where does that take place in DCA? And roughly how big is DCA compared to Disneyland?
As others have said, it feels about 2/3 of the size of disneyland. Everything is more spread out though, it feels that if you were to condense it closer together like Disneyland it wuold end up being about 1/2 the actual size.
Does the Snow White show take place in that outdoor theater near Toontown & it's a small world?
Yup! Snow White takes place in the Fantasyland theatre.

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Mar Fri 18, 2005 8:54 am

Shinku wrote: As others have said, it feels about 2/3 of the size of disneyland. Everything is more spread out though, it feels that if you were to condense it closer together like Disneyland it wuold end up being about 1/2 the actual size.
How long would you estimate it takes to see everything in DCA, if you really want to see EVERYTHING? I would think that Disneyland Park would easily take 2-3 days, right?

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Mar Fri 18, 2005 6:37 pm

kgmadorin wrote:
Shinku wrote: As others have said, it feels about 2/3 of the size of disneyland. Everything is more spread out though, it feels that if you were to condense it closer together like Disneyland it wuold end up being about 1/2 the actual size.
How long would you estimate it takes to see everything in DCA, if you really want to see EVERYTHING? I would think that Disneyland Park would easily take 2-3 days, right?
I think, if you get there when it opens, you can do everything in one day, or a day and a half.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."