DVC member perk

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mickster68
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

DVC member perk

Post by mickster68 » Mar Sun 06, 2005 10:30 am

I just found out that DVC members are finally able to get discounted annual passes--I guess this is nothing new to some of you, but wanted to pass it along anyway. The savings are pretty substantial, really. $100 off the regular adult AP, which comes to only $316. with tax. It's almost worth getting if you're going for a week or more! Up to 8 AP's can be purchased for immediate family members living in the same household...
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Mar Mon 07, 2005 10:36 am

DVC membership doesn't come cheap. In fact last time I checked entry level was 30K plus maintenance fees. Ap should be included for that price.
I have worked the numbers over and over again. Your best bet when visiting Disney is to stay in value resorts. :)

mickster68

DVC member perk

Post by mickster68 » Mar Mon 07, 2005 1:35 pm

Oh, I agree! I'm not suggesting anyone run out and buy into DVC...I, myself, could never afford it! :cry: I found this out since my parents are members, and it's a pretty decent deal if you're already a member. That's one of the better ticket discounts I've seen Disney offer--you don't often get much in the way of savings!
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Mar Fri 18, 2005 10:02 pm

We are DVC members and are glad to finally be able to get discounted AP's. It really works out in the long run if you are to say - go in July this year and then June next year. This way you get 2 vacations under one annual pass. Plus AP discounted room rates if you stay on-site :D

Did you know you can get into DVC in the secondary markets?
Some sources are: [u]wdwinfo.com [/u]- go under DVC/Timeshare and then go under resales. Also, [u]dvcbyresale.com[/u]. We did the dvcbyresale in it worked out really well. We did some number crunching and for us, it has really worked out to our benefit to become members. (I did get a part time job to pay for it, though - because you're right - no matter how much you pay, it doesn't come cheap.)

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sat 07, 2005 8:02 am

And, if you have the Annual Pass, you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience for $50.00, which gets you a 20% of meals at most of the sit down restaurants, and it includes alcohol. Believe me 20% off is substantial if you enjoy fine Disney dining.

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Mon 09, 2005 9:29 am

jkm8113 wrote:And, if you have the Annual Pass, you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience for $50.00, which gets you a 20% of meals at most of the sit down restaurants, and it includes alcohol. Believe me 20% off is substantial if you enjoy fine Disney dining.
Is that open for all AP guests? When I worked there, it was only available for Florida Residents.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Mon 09, 2005 11:56 am

[quote="kgmadorin"][quote="jkm8113"]And, if you have the Annual Pass, you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience for $50.00, which gets you a 20% of meals at most of the sit down restaurants, and it includes alcohol. Believe me 20% off is substantial if you enjoy fine Disney dining.[/quote]

Is that open for all AP guests? When I worked there, it was only available for Florida Residents.[/quote]

Yes, it is available to all AP holders. This is a new perk - only started about 5 weeks ago. It's good for one year from the date of PURCHASE. Not like an AP where it doesn't start until you activate it. :roll:

rcpratt3

Post by rcpratt3 » May Mon 09, 2005 3:31 pm

The DDE is now open to AP holders for $50 & for FL residents for $75.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » May Sun 15, 2005 11:19 am

We buy the annual pass, and any savings is great. That will be a meal or two I won't have to work overtime for.

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Tue 24, 2005 2:35 pm

lovesdisney44 wrote:
kgmadorin wrote:
jkm8113 wrote:And, if you have the Annual Pass, you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience for $50.00, which gets you a 20% of meals at most of the sit down restaurants, and it includes alcohol. Believe me 20% off is substantial if you enjoy fine Disney dining.
Is that open for all AP guests? When I worked there, it was only available for Florida Residents.
Yes, it is available to all AP holders. This is a new perk - only started about 5 weeks ago. It's good for one year from the date of PURCHASE. Not like an AP where it doesn't start until you activate it. :roll:
True, valid from date of purchase, but I ordered mine in April, received the letter in May and have used it in May, and it is valid until May 31, 2006. Hopefully my card will be here before too long.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Tue 24, 2005 4:11 pm

jkm8113 wrote:
lovesdisney44 wrote:
kgmadorin wrote: Is that open for all AP guests? When I worked there, it was only available for Florida Residents.
True, valid from date of purchase, but I ordered mine in April, received the letter in May and have used it in May, and it is valid until May 31, 2006. Hopefully my card will be here before too long.
Did you order it at the end of April? We are going to Disney July 8th and figured I'd order it the last day of June. (We are planning another trip in the 2nd or 3rd week of June, 2006 and want to have the card still active.)

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Wed 25, 2005 7:46 am

I have to be honest in that I don't remember just when I did order it. The letter came very quickly though. I ordered on-line, and they e-mailed me. I responded back with the dates of my upcoming trip and the letter came a few days later, much faster than I expected. If you order really close to your departure, they have you pick up your letter at EPCOT Guest Services. At least they were doing that for a while, and it seems to change depending on each person's situation.