Help me to Decide on where to stay......

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Help me to Decide on where to stay......

Post by sherabby » Nov Mon 10, 2008 12:04 pm

We have stayed at both CBR and POFQ.
Our other option this trip is POP. Any suggestions?

I have all my prices but need to decide where to stay. I might forgo the water park option this time and just do a moderate.

How is the new pool at CBR? I imagine my son would love that new water bucket? I don't like the size of CBR resort though. Is there still a water slide at CBR and does it let you out in very deep water?

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Mon 10, 2008 12:49 pm

I recommend Coronodo Springs. It's a big resort but the pool is very fun if you are using pool as a main option. The Food Court...is different but very good food. It is the same price as CBR and POFQ I believe, at least they are both in the "moderate" price range.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 10, 2008 12:56 pm

IF you want to spend a little more money, I would recommend going to Wilderness Lodge. It comes out not being as expensive as other Deluxe resorts, but it is a little more than the moderates.

As for what you have listed, I would say CBR or CS. Both are pretty much the same except I think CBR has a nicer location in relation to the parks and Downtown Disney.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Mon 10, 2008 12:58 pm

packwingfn wrote:I recommend Coronodo Springs. It's a big resort but the pool is very fun if you are using pool as a main option. The Food Court...is different but very good food. It is the same price as CBR and POFQ I believe, at least they are both in the "moderate" price range.
I have read somewhere that they have a dig site? Can you tell me more about this?
Is this hotel easy to find? We stayed at POFQ last year and I swear we got lost every time we needed to get somewhere!

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Mon 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Len90 wrote:IF you want to spend a little more money, I would recommend going to Wilderness Lodge. It comes out not being as expensive as other Deluxe resorts, but it is a little more than the moderates.

As for what you have listed, I would say CBR or CS. Both are pretty much the same except I think CBR has a nicer location in relation to the parks and Downtown Disney.
I'd love to stay at WL. We tried to justify it last year but decided we couldn't fit it into our budget. I may lean towards CS this time.

danesporty
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by danesporty » Nov Mon 10, 2008 4:27 pm

All of the moderates really are good. Ive stayed at them all. CB and POFQ are my favorite. Animal Kingdom is great too if you want to spend alittle more money. It is alittle ways out there but the themeing and atmoshphere is great!

adwayinc
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by adwayinc » Nov Mon 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Coronado Springs is huge - alot of walking and buses but the food court (The PepperMill ) was good
but I like the theming at POFQ - which is my favorite moderate.

I think now that Cabins at Fort Wilderness are considerate moderate now...
Wilderness lodge is but a short ride from there. You want to check into them - they are GREAT! I stayed there when my kids were real little.
There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Mon 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah Coronodo Springs is huge but when I stayed, we had a rental car so it wasn't that bad for us. The one day we did take the bus, we didn't realize how much walking it involved to get from the Food Court area to our room but the view of the resort is gorgeous.

I would rather take the walking of the CS over the walking of CBR. Much more to see.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Tue 11, 2008 7:10 am

adwayinc wrote:Coronado Springs is huge - alot of walking and buses but the food court (The PepperMill ) was good
but I like the theming at POFQ - which is my favorite moderate.

I think now that Cabins at Fort Wilderness are considerate moderate now...
Wilderness lodge is but a short ride from there. You want to check into them - they are GREAT! I stayed there when my kids were real little.
They are in the moderate section but still cost a bit more. I'll check into them. We always do the dining plan and my son has food allergies. They take such great care of him!
packwingfn wrote:Yeah Coronodo Springs is huge but when I stayed, we had a rental car so it wasn't that bad for us. The one day we did take the bus, we didn't realize how much walking it involved to get from the Food Court area to our room but the view of the resort is gorgeous.

I would rather take the walking of the CS over the walking of CBR. Much more to see.
Thanks! I didn't care for the walking at CBR either! We were on the other side of the bridge and it really was a long walk to the food court and the pool. If we go back there it would be for a preferred room.

ff19dfd
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Re: Help me to Decide on where to stay......

Post by ff19dfd » Nov Tue 11, 2008 2:00 pm

sherabby wrote:We have stayed at both CBR and POFQ.

I have all my prices but need to decide where to stay. I might forgo the water park option this time and just do a moderate.

How is the new pool at CBR? I imagine my son would love that new water bucket? I don't like the size of CBR resort though. Is there still a water slide at CBR and does it let you out in very deep water?

I have only stayed at CBR on previous trips, so I don't know how the other resorts are like. We did like the fact that CBR is centally located, but we did not like the siae of this resort (way to spread out). We are staying at Wilderness Lodge this December! But if you are on a strict budget, I would say the Pop Century is pretty nice from what I hear, that way you may be to keep the water park feature.

I know what you mean by the size of CBR, it can be a pain to walk to the food court or even all of the bus stops. To my knowledge, CS is setup in a similar way.

Sorry, I'm probably not much help, but there is my two cents.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Help me to Decide on where to stay......

Post by sherabby » Nov Tue 11, 2008 9:25 pm

ff19dfd wrote:
sherabby wrote:We have stayed at both CBR and POFQ.

I have only stayed at CBR on previous trips, so I don't know how the other resorts are like. We did like the fact that CBR is centally located, but we did not like the siae of this resort (way to spread out). We are staying at Wilderness Lodge this December! But if you are on a strict budget, I would say the Pop Century is pretty nice from what I hear, that way you may be to keep the water park feature.

I know what you mean by the size of CBR, it can be a pain to walk to the food court or even all of the bus stops. To my knowledge, CS is setup in a similar way.

Sorry, I'm probably not much help, but there is my two cents.
It is such a tough decision. THey have the new water bucket in the kiddie pool at CBR and I know my son would love that....we also like the fridge in the room for breakfast foods...even though half the time the darn things never really even cool!!!! My dh wants to go back to CBR and my son wants POP. Oh what a decision!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 11, 2008 9:44 pm

packwingfn wrote:I recommend Coronodo Springs. It's a big resort but the pool is very fun if you are using pool as a main option. The Food Court...is different but very good food. It is the same price as CBR and POFQ I believe, at least they are both in the "moderate" price range.
The Coronado Springs was a blast. We've stayed at all 3 and my boys like CS the best. The food court was also a good thing with the kids. Everybody got what they wanted.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Donalds1Fan
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Wed 12, 2008 4:44 am

I've stayed at all of the moderates. Based on the theme only, CBR is my favorite. But every time we've stayed there, we've had trouble with tickets not working, keys being deactivated, and not very good service from the front desk. Last time we spent about 4 hours over two separate days in the lobby haggling with them over park hoppers that never worked and room keys that kept deactivating based on someone continuously printing new keys for us at the front desk. It was bizarre, to say the least. But I still like CBR's theme the best and would still recommend it.

Riverside is very nice as well; I prefer the Bayou section. The problem there is it is very spread out, much like CBR. Coronado seemed to me to be the biggest of the 4, although I don't know that for certain. CSR was my least favorite of the four. I stayed there once almost ten years ago and still have no plans to return.

POFQ is your best bet if you need a compact resort.

I don't know when you're planning on going, but I would call and ask if they have any AAA room rates at Wilderness Lodge. If they do, then join AAA online. This might be the way for you to be able to try it, if the 7 for 4 deal isn't going on during your trip. You just give them your AAA number when you book through Disney and they'll give you the rate, if they still have rooms available at that rate.

Good luck deciding! :D

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Wed 12, 2008 7:51 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
The Coronado Springs was a blast. We've stayed at all 3 and my boys like CS the best. The food court was also a good thing with the kids. Everybody got what they wanted.
Can you tell me a little bit about the pool? What is the dig site that I have read about online? I cannot find any photos of it? It is an actual sand dig site or just a play ground?
Donalds1Fan wrote:I've stayed at all of the moderates. Based on the theme only, CBR is my favorite. But every time we've stayed there, we've had trouble with tickets not working, keys being deactivated, and not very good service from the front desk. Last time we spent about 4 hours over two separate days in the lobby haggling with them over park hoppers that never worked and room keys that kept deactivating based on someone continuously printing new keys for us at the front desk. It was bizarre, to say the least. But I still like CBR's theme the best and would still recommend it.

Riverside is very nice as well; I prefer the Bayou section. The problem there is it is very spread out, much like CBR. Coronado seemed to me to be the biggest of the 4, although I don't know that for certain. CSR was my least favorite of the four. I stayed there once almost ten years ago and still have no plans to return.

POFQ is your best bet if you need a compact resort.

I don't know when you're planning on going, but I would call and ask if they have any AAA room rates at Wilderness Lodge. If they do, then join AAA online. This might be the way for you to be able to try it, if the 7 for 4 deal isn't going on during your trip. You just give them your AAA number when you book through Disney and they'll give you the rate, if they still have rooms available at that rate.

Good luck deciding! :D
Thanks! We are AAA members and I just went there yesterday. They can save us about $150 on the trip to either a moderate or a value. Looks like I may be going through them instead of doing it myself online.

Donalds1Fan

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Wed 12, 2008 7:55 pm

sherabby wrote:Thanks! We are AAA members and I just went there yesterday. They can save us about $150 on the trip to either a moderate or a value. Looks like I may be going through them instead of doing it myself online.
I would call Disney directly and see what they have to offer; they may have some discounts on Deluxes. You can book room-only reservations with AAA discounts directly through Disney, but you have to call. This has worked several times for us in the past and allowed us to stay in a more expensive room than we would have otherwise. :D