Ticket upgrades

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mickster68
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Ticket upgrades

Post by mickster68 » Feb Fri 18, 2005 3:36 pm

Does anyone know if you can upgrade a park hopper ticket? I purchased a 7-day with the park hopping option, and now we're thinking we should have gone with the annual passes instead, since we're thinking of taking a mini-trip next spring, too. Any idea?
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Re: Ticket upgrades

Post by js3901 » Feb Fri 18, 2005 4:05 pm

mickster68 wrote:Does anyone know if you can upgrade a park hopper ticket? I purchased a 7-day with the park hopping option, and now we're thinking we should have gone with the annual passes instead, since we're thinking of taking a mini-trip next spring, too. Any idea?
I haven't heard anything about the ability to turn a park hopper pass to an AP. Try calling WDW and ask, couldn't hurt.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Feb Fri 18, 2005 11:37 pm

mickster68 wrote:Does anyone know if you can upgrade a park hopper ticket? I purchased a 7-day with the park hopping option, and now we're thinking we should have gone with the annual passes instead, since we're thinking of taking a mini-trip next spring, too. Any idea?
Good question, I have only upgraded from seasonal to annual before.
Upgrades for tickets can only be done at park ticket booths.

In general, you can upgrade to any type of ticket - provided the new ticket is of equal or greater value than the old ticket - by simply paying the difference. However, no refunds will be issued if the new ticket is of lesser value.

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Feb Sat 19, 2005 11:30 am

You need to go to Guest Services (if you're close to the park) or call up Disney. I believe it's do-able but not sure.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

mickster68

Ticket upgrades

Post by mickster68 » Feb Sat 19, 2005 6:47 pm

Thanks for the info! I was planning to call WDW, but couldn't find the time today...I guess I'll have to wait til we get there anyway, but at least it seems do-able! . :)
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

jenndisney

Post by jenndisney » Apr Thu 21, 2005 6:33 pm

Sure you already have an answer, but Yes you can.

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Fri 22, 2005 9:18 am

[trying to get the gray matter working... I used to know this...]

Ahem.

Okay, here's the scoop (if you haven't found out already):

Any time you have days remaining on your ticket media, those days can be used as credit towards the purchase of new tickets. That is usually the case with old park hoppers that you've had sitting in a desk drawer at home with a day or two left on them. In this case, if you upgraded to annual passes, your annual passes would expire one year from the date of the upgrade. Remember, with this option you only recieve credit for the UNUSED days.

Another way to upgrade is during the same vacation period. If you've purchased tickets within the last 7 days, no matter how much time you have used, the TOTAL COST of those tickets can be used towards the upgrade. With this option, if you were upgrading to annual passes, your passes would expire one year from the first date your old tickets were used.

The last option (And this one is strictly off the books, as it wasn't officially allowed when I worked in Guest Relations. In fact, they may not allow it at all any more.) is to upgrade your tickets within one year of the first use. If you're still within that one year period and you have at least one day left on the tickets, you might be able to use the TOTAL COST of those tickets towards upgrading to annual passes ONLY. The caveat is that the annual passes would expire one year from the first day you used the park hoppers. Disney allowed us to do this UNOFFICIALLY because from a company standpoint, it's always better to have annual passholders than guests using park hoppers.

I hope this answers your question! If you need to know more, just let me know.

mickster68

Ticket upgrades

Post by mickster68 » Apr Sat 23, 2005 4:26 pm

Wow, that's awesome! Unofficially, of course... :lol: I do have some left over days I'd love to convert to annuals this year, if I can swing it. That helps tremendously! Just wondering, how was it working in Guest Relations? I imagine a little crazy at times??? Ah...my dream to someday work at WDW--I'm envious!
***Tami

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Mon 25, 2005 8:30 am

mickster68 wrote:Wow, that's awesome! Unofficially, of course... :lol: I do have some left over days I'd love to convert to annuals this year, if I can swing it. That helps tremendously! Just wondering, how was it working in Guest Relations? I imagine a little crazy at times??? Ah...my dream to someday work at WDW--I'm envious!
I can say without any hesitation that working at Walt Disney World was the most fun I've ever had at any job. I had the opportunity to work in a variety of roles, from attraction host to park operations assistant, but I worked for the longest period of time in Magic Kingdom Guest Relations. Was it crazy at times? ABSOLUTELY! I have stories that you wouldn't beieve. But that was all part of the experience. The only real drawback of working there full-time is the compensation. It can be very hard to support a family on what you take home. When I decided to get engaged to my wife, I also decided I'd have to get a job in the "real world." However, someday I know the path I'm on will lead back to Mickey.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Mon 25, 2005 8:36 am

I have always wanted to work at Disneyland. I grew up in So. Cal and it was always my dream to do so. That was years ago, but I would still love to do it. I wish they paid enough, I know my friend that worked there in the 70's made great money and got great stock options, he paid his way through college and even saved up. Those days are gone from what I hear, that is sad.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

rcpratt3

Post by rcpratt3 » May Mon 09, 2005 3:50 pm

It is 100% do-able. You can upgrade any tickets to an AP, but you only get credit for your original price, so be careful. If you bought MYW tickets that are going to expire or are non-hopping, you can upgrade them so they won't expire & you can hop. You need to do this a guest services. You can also upgrade them to AP's.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Mon 09, 2005 3:59 pm

rcpratt3 wrote:It is 100% do-able. You can upgrade any tickets to an AP, but you only get credit for your original price, so be careful. If you bought MYW tickets that are going to expire or are non-hopping, you can upgrade them so they won't expire & you can hop. You need to do this a guest services. You can also upgrade them to AP's.
I think this was already covered and put to rest, rcpratt3.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Mon 09, 2005 4:01 pm

I think we need to start a new thread: How mamy posts will rcpratt3 make today? The minimum amount would have to be one for each thread on here! :shock: Just kidding. You must need points badly...
-Club33Hopeful

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Mon 09, 2005 4:05 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:I think we need to start a new thread: How mamy posts will rcpratt3 make today? The minimum amount would have to be one for each thread on here! :shock: Just kidding. You must need points badly...
I think that's a great idea, Club33Hopeful.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney