Your One Regret

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Your One Regret

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sat 28, 2012 10:54 am

It's just sad!! You do have to remember we aren't Disney's target!! They don't really care about people that come back year after year!! They target the once-in-a-lifetime vacation family that doesn't know any better! Let's face it, your first time at one of the parks or resorts everything is wonderful!! You have to come back to tell how much is being taken away from you!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sat 28, 2012 8:11 pm

Well... they care but WDW has a different biz model. Since they are a multi-day vacation and sort of higher end of the price range, their guests don't normally come back year after year. So their new shows/rides setup has to be a lot bigger/more expensive than DLR but less frequent.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sun 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Well... they care but WDW has a different biz model. Since they are a multi-day vacation and sort of higher end of the price range, their guests don't normally come back year after year. So their new shows/rides setup has to be a lot bigger/more expensive than DLR but less frequent.
True, but that's shifting. Look at the tremendous growth of DVC over the past 5 years or so. I think they're pulling for more repeat guests but because Florida is far from Glendale, I think the parks business model hasn't reflected the shift yet.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sun 29, 2012 8:46 pm

But the model for DVC sounds like they want to send you from one resort to another or even on a larger vacation as opposed to going back to WDW every year. But even then, they are a very small fraction of the makeup of WDW. That and Disney already has their money/a contract so screw 'em. :D

DearlyDeparted
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DearlyDeparted » May Wed 09, 2012 8:56 am

My biggest regret was using the Disney Dining Plan on our last trip. We wasted so much time arranging our schedule so we could get to our dinner reservations that by the end of the trip I was absolutely sick of restaurants. In the future if a "free" dining plan is offered, I will make a couple "favorite restaurant" dinner reservations and a few lunch reservations and wing it the rest of the time. I'd rather grab a quick counter service meal and "waste money" than waste time rushing to a dinner reservation every night.
Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 09, 2012 11:24 am

DearlyDeparted wrote:My biggest regret was using the Disney Dining Plan on our last trip. We wasted so much time arranging our schedule so we could get to our dinner reservations that by the end of the trip I was absolutely sick of restaurants. In the future if a "free" dining plan is offered, I will make a couple "favorite restaurant" dinner reservations and a few lunch reservations and wing it the rest of the time. I'd rather grab a quick counter service meal and "waste money" than waste time rushing to a dinner reservation every night.
I'm actually surprised to hear that, and I'm sorry to hear you didn't much care for the DDP. There are other ways to utilise it though, you just have to ask about and see what you can do. My family never uses the QSR credits so we convert those to snacks and take home lots of goodies with us... worth it. :)

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » May Thu 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
DearlyDeparted wrote:My biggest regret was using the Disney Dining Plan on our last trip. We wasted so much time arranging our schedule so we could get to our dinner reservations that by the end of the trip I was absolutely sick of restaurants. In the future if a "free" dining plan is offered, I will make a couple "favorite restaurant" dinner reservations and a few lunch reservations and wing it the rest of the time. I'd rather grab a quick counter service meal and "waste money" than waste time rushing to a dinner reservation every night.
I'm actually surprised to hear that, and I'm sorry to hear you didn't much care for the DDP. There are other ways to utilise it though, you just have to ask about and see what you can do. My family never uses the QSR credits so we convert those to snacks and take home lots of goodies with us... worth it. :)

Wow... I agree. I have not heard of anyone who disliked the DDP. We have never waited more than 20 minutes to get into a restaurant as long as you have reservations. We would never go back without using the DDP. :D :shock: :goofy:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Fri 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:

Wow... I agree. I have not heard of anyone who disliked the DDP. We have never waited more than 20 minutes to get into a restaurant as long as you have reservations. We would never go back without using the DDP. :D :shock: :goofy:
I can see how having to stick to reservations can put a real crimp in the day. It's done that to us on a couple of occasions, and since we travel in groups of 9 or 10, not having reservations is crazy. Sometimes, you want to do X Y or Z, but can't because you have an ADR to make. So I can understand that aspect of it.

The DDP is really great for allowing yourself to just go and enjoy the day without worrying about a stupid budget, though. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Fri 11, 2012 8:57 pm

cy1229..Valid ponit :wink: :goofy:

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by mjmcsl4me » May Sat 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Well we just got back from Disney and did the dining plan for the first time. We did quick service since we had two younger kids and knew that eating with them at a sit down restaurant was not ideal for us. We did have reservations at Sci-fi one day and agree with how having reservations every day can mess up the flow with the park and rides. We were gonna do the Tusker House too but thankfully thought of how the park closes early and wouldn't want some of our day taken up with eating for awhile. As far as regrets go, we totally should have ended our vacation with our last day going back to the Magic Kingdom, which is what we always do. This time we talked ourselves out of it and went to Hollywood instead. At least we got to do Toy Story Mania but regret all the things we did not do at Magic Kingdom our first day and figured we would do when we went back at the end of the week. UGH!!!!

DearlyDeparted
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DearlyDeparted » May Mon 14, 2012 9:05 am

mjmcsl4me wrote:Well we just got back from Disney and did the dining plan for the first time. We did quick service since we had two younger kids and knew that eating with them at a sit down restaurant was not ideal for us. We did have reservations at Sci-fi one day and agree with how having reservations every day can mess up the flow with the park and rides. We were gonna do the Tusker House too but thankfully thought of how the park closes early and wouldn't want some of our day taken up with eating for awhile. As far as regrets go, we totally should have ended our vacation with our last day going back to the Magic Kingdom, which is what we always do. This time we talked ourselves out of it and went to Hollywood instead. At least we got to do Toy Story Mania but regret all the things we did not do at Magic Kingdom our first day and figured we would do when we went back at the end of the week. UGH!!!!
mjmcsl4me: Looks like you have a built-in excuse (as if anyone needed one) for returning to WDW!!

Your regret about not ending your visit at the MK got me thinking that "what is the last thing you do at WDW" would be a great thread. :D
Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Mon 14, 2012 10:00 am

DearlyDeparted wrote:Your regret about not ending your visit at the MK got me thinking that "what is the last thing you do at WDW" would be a great thread. :D
I don't think we have one of those... care to do the honours? :)

*EDIT* Never mind, cy1229 beat you to it.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Mon 14, 2012 11:08 am

Soarin08 wrote:
DearlyDeparted wrote:Your regret about not ending your visit at the MK got me thinking that "what is the last thing you do at WDW" would be a great thread. :D

I'm sneaky quick like that. :mrgreen:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Mon 14, 2012 11:36 am

cy1229 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:

I'm sneaky quick like that. :mrgreen:
I know! Boom, there it is! MAGIC. :mrgreen:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » May Mon 14, 2012 3:47 pm

DearlyDeparted wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:Well we just got back from Disney and did the dining plan for the first time. We did quick service since we had two younger kids and knew that eating with them at a sit down restaurant was not ideal for us. We did have reservations at Sci-fi one day and agree with how having reservations every day can mess up the flow with the park and rides. We were gonna do the Tusker House too but thankfully thought of how the park closes early and wouldn't want some of our day taken up with eating for awhile. As far as regrets go, we totally should have ended our vacation with our last day going back to the Magic Kingdom, which is what we always do. This time we talked ourselves out of it and went to Hollywood instead. At least we got to do Toy Story Mania but regret all the things we did not do at Magic Kingdom our first day and figured we would do when we went back at the end of the week. UGH!!!!
mjmcsl4me: Looks like you have a built-in excuse (as if anyone needed one) for returning to WDW!!

Your regret about not ending your visit at the MK got me thinking that "what is the last thing you do at WDW" would be a great thread. :D
Yeah my husband said too that it gives us a reason to go back. I'm glad you thought of the thread that sounds like a fun one! I will be on that one soon :D