Your One Regret

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Your One Regret

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Wed 08, 2012 4:09 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
GeoffS wrote:I regret not buying some of the limited merchandise over the years. One of my favorite purchases was a pewter skull & crossbones emblen attached to a coffee mug, way back before they started adding characters and changes to Pirates of the Carribean. They had a few other items with the emblem, but I didn't get them. I now wish that I had picked up more from the the set.
Yeah I have regrets of not purchasing items too. I think, well there's always ebay, but I like it more when I actually get it at Disney because it just seems more Disney, if you know what I mean. :mickey:
Like the purse you forgot ? lol!!! I always forget to buy something,I'll see it and not feel like carrying it,so I'll just come back for it and....I don't ! I've got to just get it when I see it or I'll forget!!
Oh yeah the purse still gotta get that :lol: :lol: :lol:

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Mon 13, 2012 11:37 am

that is why i love staying on park... flash your room key, and it is delivered to your hotel for pickup next day... no carryin stuff around all day long

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Mon 13, 2012 1:09 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:that is why i love staying on park... flash your room key, and it is delivered to your hotel for pickup next day... no carryin stuff around all day long
Wow I have never taken advantage of this, i feel so 'duh' right now!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Mon 13, 2012 2:22 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:that is why i love staying on park... flash your room key, and it is delivered to your hotel for pickup next day... no carryin stuff around all day long

You are sooooooo correct. All the merchandise we buy goes right to the resort...That is my wife's favorite part of shopping at Disney. Ohhhhh Wait.....thats a bad thing for my wallet...LOL :lol: :goofy:

PurpleFairies
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by PurpleFairies » Aug Mon 27, 2012 7:29 am

I was 16 the last time I was at WDW and my sister was 13. We didn't want to spend time at the World Showcase. We were too cool for that and wanted to see all of the thrill rides. Now I wish I had spent more time enjoying the atmosphere. Also I was so overwhelmed that I didn't get to enjoy some of the small things that make Disney so unique. I was too concerned about long waits in line and running to the next attraction...my poor parents must have been dragging their feet by the end of the day catering to the whims of two teenage girls.

Reading all of these posts make me want to go back again soon :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 8:16 am

PurpleFairies wrote:I was 16 the last time I was at WDW and my sister was 13. We didn't want to spend time at the World Showcase. We were too cool for that and wanted to see all of the thrill rides. Now I wish I had spent more time enjoying the atmosphere. Also I was so overwhelmed that I didn't get to enjoy some of the small things that make Disney so unique. I was too concerned about long waits in line and running to the next attraction...my poor parents must have been dragging their feet by the end of the day catering to the whims of two teenage girls.

Your perspective on the parks really does change as you get older. I still get hit with the go-Go-GO mentality when I am there, but I am learning to appreciate the littler things more as I get older. I'm hoping that if when I live closer, I will be even more relaxed as I will know I have lots of time to visit and can leave things for the next trip :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 10:18 am

Amy wrote:
PurpleFairies wrote:I was 16 the last time I was at WDW and my sister was 13. We didn't want to spend time at the World Showcase. We were too cool for that and wanted to see all of the thrill rides. Now I wish I had spent more time enjoying the atmosphere. Also I was so overwhelmed that I didn't get to enjoy some of the small things that make Disney so unique. I was too concerned about long waits in line and running to the next attraction...my poor parents must have been dragging their feet by the end of the day catering to the whims of two teenage girls.

Your perspective on the parks really does change as you get older. I still get hit with the go-Go-GO mentality when I am there, but I am learning to appreciate the littler things more as I get older. I'm hoping that if when I live closer, I will be even more relaxed as I will know I have lots of time to visit and can leave things for the next trip :D
I'm so with you! For me, it has more of a 'take every little bit in' kind of trip and not 'see how much i can get done and cross off my list' trip. It is definitely worth it to stop every once in a while and take everything in. It also helps if you go more often, then you don't feel the pressure of getting everything done, but still - there is so much to enjoy when you just take the time to see it all.

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Amy wrote:

Amy, I thought you lived near there now, where do you live? Doesn't it say on your fb page you live in Orlando or am I going crazy?wait... I probably am crazy!! My brain has been missing this summer vacation!! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 1:19 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:

Amy, I thought you lived near there now, where do you live? Doesn't it say on your fb page you live in Orlando or am I going crazy?wait... I probably am crazy!! My brain has been missing this summer vacation!! :lol:
Well, you might be cray, but my FB page does say I live in Orlando. I joined that network when I first signed up for Facebook. And then when they went through their change a few years back, they just put that as my city and I didn't bother to change it because that's where I intend to live someday :D Plus it keeps people from bugging me too much because they think I live further away than I do ;) A friend of mine from high school, that now lives in Oregon, gives me grief over it and asks me how the weather is in Orlando, and other Orlando things occasionally....
I live in Michigan ~ but the weather here today is rivaling Florida ~ hot and MUGGY!!!

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 1:25 pm

I live in Virginia and it's hot and muggy here today too!! we had Horrible rains here Saturday with lots of floding in my area,my street even flooded!! makes me worry for all those who are going to get this hurricaine soon,we've also had those come through my area too!!

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Mon 27, 2012 2:44 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:I live in Virginia and it's hot and muggy here today too!! we had Horrible rains here Saturday with lots of floding in my area,my street even flooded!! makes me worry for all those who are going to get this hurricaine soon,we've also had those come through my area too!!
Right there with ya on that hot and muggy! I couldn't believe all the flooding pictures I saw!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 6:39 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I live in Virginia and it's hot and muggy here today too!! we had Horrible rains here Saturday with lots of floding in my area,my street even flooded!! makes me worry for all those who are going to get this hurricaine soon,we've also had those come through my area too!!
Right there with ya on that hot and muggy! I couldn't believe all the flooding pictures I saw!
Are you getting effects from the hurricane do you think? The weather this year has been awful...makes me worried what is going to happen in just a few years :shock: :(

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Tue 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
Are you getting effects from the hurricane do you think? The weather this year has been awful...makes me worried what is going to happen in just a few years :shock: :(
And yet we still look for more sources of fossil fuels so we can continue to dump carbon dioxide into the atmosphere...

sorry. It was a soapbox moment that overtook my common sense. I'm ok now. :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Tue 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Amy I think we might get lucky and avoid effects from this storm.We get effects from alot of storms around here,being so close to the water has it's disadvantages!!