Your One Regret

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Your One Regret

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 03, 2008 9:01 pm

Okay, so after coming back from WDW, I thought about my recent trip. We did everything. Saw all the parades and all the fireworks. We even accomplished almost all of the rides in our 8 days. Then I realized that there were a few things I would do differently. The big one was we saw Block Party Bash which I really liked, but it only did a drive by due a recent thunderstorm. They ruled that the ground was too wet for them to dance. I checked out some videos from the parade and looking back I feel that we should have made another attempt to see this parade. It looks like a really fun thing that you can only do in Disney. We had a time we could have done it, but we decided to do the Backlot Tour instead. Looking back, I probably would have chosen to see the parade again.

I am sure you all have stories like this, so what is your regret?
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sun 03, 2008 11:34 pm

I re-think my trips all the time. I never got a chance to go to Discovery Island when it was around. My fmaily would come up to WDW all the time, but for some reason we never went.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Aug Mon 04, 2008 10:06 am

I wish i would have done my homework in 1991 when my wife (then girlfriend) and I went to Disney World and spent over $8000 and stayed at the Howard Johnsons at Downtown Disney. I to this day havn't spent over $8000 on a trip to DisneyWorld including our stay at Old Key West (which was for a week and with our two kids).
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Mon 04, 2008 10:41 am

no regrets here. if I miss something I wanted to do on a trip, it just gives me an excuse to go back..
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Aug Mon 04, 2008 2:44 pm

The only thing I regret that I can't 'fix' by going back again is not buying a Walk Around the World brick. My parents convinced me to wait until we came back next year, and in the meantime Disney stopped selling them.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Cazza and Livvie's Mum
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Aug Mon 04, 2008 3:17 pm

My only regret is not having visited with my parents, nobody's fault, it just didn't happen. Something I most definitely can't fix, but I know that my Dad (who isn't with us anymore) was the one who instilled the magic of Disney into us as children. I was brought up watching the best animation in the world with the best parent's I could have wished for. My Dad's not here anymore, my Mam is too ill and scared to do the long-haul flight, but I know when I go to WDW they will always be with me. Sounds gushy but that's how it is.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Aug Mon 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Every time we go down I tell myself that I am going to make it over to Fort Wilderness. We used to stay there when we went down when I was a kid. I loved it over there. Anyway, I always want to go over there and sit on the porch at Pioneer Hall and have a beer. My father and I always say we're going to do it, but then never do. Not so much a regret as it is an unfulfilled trip down memory lane.

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » Aug Mon 04, 2008 5:54 pm

DisBeamer wrote:The only thing I regret that I can't 'fix' by going back again is not buying a Walk Around the World brick. My parents convinced me to wait until we came back next year, and in the meantime Disney stopped selling them.

I feel the same way about the Leave a Legacy plaques in Epcot. I said the same thing "next time I'll do it" and now they've stopped selling them too. My friend has his picture there and every time we go, we stop and try to find his little face and I get jealous. Hopefully they'll do it again. Even if they said "it's only for this weekend" I'd buy a ticket to do it now.
Amy

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Aug Mon 04, 2008 6:58 pm

The only thing I regret that I can't 'fix' by going back again is not buying a Walk Around the World brick. My parents convinced me to wait until we came back next year, and in the meantime Disney stopped selling them.
This is my dad's biggest regret, same exact situation with his parents. He was going to buy in '95 too, which would have put it about halfway between the buses and the turnstiles so we would have been able to see it every time we walked in. I convinced him not to buy a Leave A Legacy, although I don't really think he regrets that as much... :lol:

I don't think I have any regrets yet...

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Tue 05, 2008 8:03 am

Years ago, Disney offered a lifetime pass. My biggest regret is not spending what seemed like a lot of money back then and buying one. Especially after just spending the money to renew four annual passes.

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Aug Tue 05, 2008 10:35 am

js3901 wrote:no regrets here. if I miss something I wanted to do on a trip, it just gives me an excuse to go back..
That's the ticket! No regrets here either, I try to live life without them and enjoy the moment (though that can be easier said than done!).
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Your One Regret

Post by sherabby » Aug Tue 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Len90 wrote:Okay, so after coming back from WDW, I thought about my recent trip. We did everything. Saw all the parades and all the fireworks. We even accomplished almost all of the rides in our 8 days. Then I realized that there were a few things I would do differently. The big one was we saw Block Party Bash which I really liked, but it only did a drive by due a recent thunderstorm. They ruled that the ground was too wet for them to dance. I checked out some videos from the parade and looking back I feel that we should have made another attempt to see this parade. It looks like a really fun thing that you can only do in Disney. We had a time we could have done it, but we decided to do the Backlot Tour instead. Looking back, I probably would have chosen to see the parade again.

I am sure you all have stories like this, so what is your regret?
The day we went to HS we missed the parade all together and I wish we went back to see it. It rained almost every single day of our trip and a few days it was an all day rain too. It just gives me a good reason to plan our next trip so that I can see the parade!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

spodie

Post by spodie » Aug Mon 11, 2008 9:46 am

cccmouse wrote:Years ago, Disney offered a lifetime pass. My biggest regret is not spending what seemed like a lot of money back then and buying one. Especially after just spending the money to renew four annual passes.
They offered a lifetime pass?!? I would have been so on that but I guess I would have been too young to buy one... Do you remember how much they were?
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Mon 11, 2008 10:04 am

I didn't think I had any regrets before discovering this site. Now, after reading the forums, I realize there is so much I have missed or not observed. I do also regret not enjoying some of the extinct attractions more. Horizons and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride I enjoyed greatly, but I barely remember WoM and a few others.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Aug Tue 12, 2008 9:11 pm

I regret not enjoying the classic attractions more when they were around. I had a chance to go on El Rio de Tiempo before it closed as I was there on it's last day but I didnt... I wish I apreciated World Of Motion more as the attraction seemed like a great animatronic back in the day. 20,000 Leagues/Mr Toads, How I miss thee and I didnt really care for when they were opened cus I was young and stupid.

Though I did enjoy Horizons/Journey Into Imagination when I was young..
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.