Your One Regret

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Your One Regret

Post by momeja » May Tue 15, 2012 10:13 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
DearlyDeparted wrote:Your regret about not ending your visit at the MK got me thinking that "what is the last thing you do at WDW" would be a great thread. :D
I don't think we have one of those... care to do the honours? :)

*EDIT* Never mind, cy1229 beat you to it.
I'm sneaky quick like that. :mrgreen:
We did have one of those a long time ago, but I think it's been at least a few years and long since buried. Thanks for the new thread, Cy.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 9:13 am

that I didn't take more pics in Toon Town on our first trip to wdw.The next year we went it was gone!! Makes us sad that we didn't spend more time there!! I've been thinking.... why couldn't they have left toontown and worked around it with the new section of Fantasyland? I miss Mickey's house,that's one of the only things I remember from my trip there as a 4 year old child. :mickey:
Last edited by Thumper1 on Aug Fri 17, 2012 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 11:59 am

This topic is funny because I actually have nightmares where I am at WDW and can't get everything I want to do done. It seems silly, since we usually go for seven days, but I guess I live in constant fear of missing something!

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Mon 09, 2012 4:22 pm

I regret not staying on Horizons for like the whole day when it was still open. The next time I went to WDW, it was gone. Sooo bummed. The early years at EPCOT were so World's Fair-like, even though I've only seen pics of those. I liked the educate/inspire side of some of those early attractions. Heck, I even liked that all the Disney characters weren't in evidence, just that new little guy, Figment. My daughter was 7 yrs old and loved EPCOT and, of course, chose a Figment plush as her travel buddy.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 09, 2012 7:33 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:that I didn't take more pics in Toon Town on our first trip to wdw.The next year we went it was gone!! Makes us sad that we didn't spend more time there!!
I wish I had more photos from Toon Town as well.
junebug1233 wrote:This topic is funny because I actually have nightmares where I am at WDW and can't get everything I want to do done. It seems silly, since we usually go for seven days, but I guess I live in constant fear of missing something!
I feel that same way and we usually stay around 10 days!!
DisneySpin wrote:I regret not staying on Horizons for like the whole day when it was still open. The next time I went to WDW, it was gone. Sooo bummed. The early years at EPCOT were so World's Fair-like, even though I've only seen pics of those. I liked the educate/inspire side of some of those early attractions. Heck, I even liked that all the Disney characters weren't in evidence, just that new little guy, Figment. My daughter was 7 yrs old and loved EPCOT and, of course, chose a Figment plush as her travel buddy.
I think the earlier EPCOT was better as well. Does your daughter still have her plush Figgy? :figment:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Mon 09, 2012 9:07 pm

DisneySpin wrote:I regret not staying on Horizons for like the whole day when it was still open. The next time I went to WDW, it was gone. Sooo bummed. The early years at EPCOT were so World's Fair-like, even though I've only seen pics of those. I liked the educate/inspire side of some of those early attractions. Heck, I even liked that all the Disney characters weren't in evidence, just that new little guy, Figment. My daughter was 7 yrs old and loved EPCOT and, of course, chose a Figment plush as her travel buddy.
That is too cute! I love it when they love on stuffed animals :D

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sat 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Amy wrote: I think the earlier EPCOT was better as well. Does your daughter still have her plush Figgy? :figment:
But of course, and if she felt he needed to vacate, he knows he'd always have a home with me :lol:

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sat 14, 2012 3:14 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote: That is too cute! I love it when they love on stuffed animals :D
I think she gets that from me; I still have a hard time not "adopting" certain cute stuffed animals when I see them, save them from little grubby, sticky hands :D And they're so much cheaper to care for than their live counterparts :ccat:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Ah, yes, no characters but Figment. The way it should be still at Epcot.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sat 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Ah, yes, no characters but Figment. The way it should be still at Epcot.
Wow, I'm a bit amazed, I didn't realize others felt as I did about the "Disneyfying" of the other Parks at WDW. I though I'd probably be swatting a hornet nest just by saying it :lol: I wish they had kept, at least EPCOT, as its' own unique place. With all the different pavilions in World Showcase, I think it would have been fun to even let those countries bring in some of their special characters and let guests meet them. There are popular comics with well-loved personalities in many countries. I realize Disney doesn't have to acquire the rights to their own characters, but they could sure make some sweet merchandising deals for others, if they had wanted. I guess too many people want All Disney, All the Time when they visit a Disney property.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 15, 2012 1:22 am

At the fan sites, they are usually more into original design even if they were flops and needed to be changed/removed (yeah, I said it). :D

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sun 15, 2012 8:57 am

Wizzard419 wrote:At the fan sites, they are usually more into original design even if they were flops and needed to be changed/removed (yeah, I said it). :D
Well, the size of the crowds at EPCOT during my early visits didn't indicate "flop"; methinks it came down to $$$$$. I also think it depends on the fansites, too. The "character obsessed" love them some Mickey, anytime, anyplace :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 15, 2012 10:54 am

You should check out Martin's fan made documentaries (and the official ones), they added them in because it wasn't drawing interest in the long term.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sun 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:You should check out Martin's fan made documentaries (and the official ones), they added them in because it wasn't drawing interest in the long term.
Yup, that's what I meant by $$$$; the combination of most Disney fans and, let's face it, a business, brought Mickey and the gang into EPCOT. We knew they'd be all over DCA, it was just sort of refreshing in those early years to catch a break from them, it felt almost brave of Disney. But I give them credit for the attempt. I just appreciate that there are others here who don't always have the kneejerk reaction to Disney = The Mouse. I've been involved with Disney way too long to be so naive as to think it isn't going to be about numbers. It's ok though, sometimes the changes are great, but I still pout over others, as do we all.

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Sun 15, 2012 3:03 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:that I didn't take more pics in Toon Town on our first trip to wdw.The next year we went it was gone!! Makes us sad that we didn't spend more time there!!
Awe Toon Town :cry: I wonder where all that stuff went too, like the stuff inside the houses, etc.