WDW Walt Disney Swan/Dolphin Resort

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

rcpratt3

Post by rcpratt3 » May Mon 09, 2005 3:55 pm

These hotels are NOT Disney owned. They are owned my the Sheritan & Westin. They do give you on property benefits like Disney bus transportation free, and extra magic hour, etc. One of them is listed as a Starwood property & if you go to their website, it will pull up all the hotel info.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Thu 19, 2005 5:13 pm

QuickGold wrote:At any rate, Swan or Dolphin is usually too rich for my blood.
Not if you Pricline it. I bid on Priceline for 2 nights last summer and got the Dolphin @ $84.00/night. :D Lots of good tips and hints on Pricline and Hotwire @ www.betterbidding.com

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sun 22, 2005 2:55 pm

Neither of them has the feel of a Disney resort. They cater to large meetings and conventions. Sometimes they offer really great rates to Educators. Their rooms are a little "weird" in my opinion, but I am kind of a traditional person.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Mon 23, 2005 8:11 am

jkm8113 wrote:Neither of them has the feel of a Disney resort. They cater to large meetings and conventions. Sometimes they offer really great rates to Educators. Their rooms are a little "weird" in my opinion, but I am kind of a traditional person.
You are correct, jkm8113, in that they don't have that Disney feel or magic - not sure why, though. But they definately do cater to large meetings and conventions. Every time we visit there, they always are accomodating/setting up for large groups.