Trip back on!!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Trip back on!!!

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Mon 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Well, I have had an absence from this site for a month noe, cause my May trip was cancelled. Now that I have a good job againit's back on!!! I am going for 4 1/2 dys with my fiance for our 2 year anniversary. We are staying at an all-star resort, but not sure which one yet. WHich one was the 1st stop for the buses again? I always forget that one. If anyoen can think of some romantic stuff I can plan please let me know, thanks!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Apr Tue 15, 2008 11:50 am

Sports is the first stop, then music, then movies.

I had some issues trying to come up with "romantic" things to do at WDW in the past. Seems like most everything ends up being dinner somewhere.

I do like doing random stuff like walking on the boardwalk at night.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Apr Tue 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Yodi... you know I have tons of ideas! And glad to hear your trip is back on! Don't forget to send magnets! :)

World Showcase at night is very romantic --- any country. I also like the walk around the lake between the Poly and GF (its a bit long though). Oh... and both those resorts are romantic, especially at night. See the water pageant from the Poly while you're there. Watching the fireworks from atop the Contemporary. Sharing a drink in Africa at AK under the thatched roof of the bar during a downpour.

Are you looking for romantic restaurant ideas, too?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Fri 18, 2008 1:48 pm

yup, anything romantic what-sp-ever will help! and don't worry, i already got a few magnets for ya!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Apr Fri 18, 2008 8:37 pm

My wife and I like to ride the pedal-it-yourself surreys at the Port Orleans Riverside. We stay there often. I don't know how late they are open, but it would be fun to do at night if you can. We have always done it in the afternoon.
The boat trip from POR to Downtown Disney is very relaxing and romantic, too.
Enjoy!

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » Apr Fri 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Congrats on going! I'm very jealous. Romantic suggestions would include Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba, the Bistro de Paris in the France Pavilion, of course a Spa treatment. Good suggestions so far from everyone too!
Amy

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Fri 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Congrats that your trip is back on!!! If you're looking for something romantic, have dinner at Narcoosee's at the GF, book dinner for an hour before the fireworks start at MK, that way you'll be almost done with dinner, and you can step out onto the porch and watch the fireworks!!! Or you can enjoy them from inside, they dim the lights and pipe in the music. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. The food is fantastic too!!! I would also recommend the couple's massage at the GF spa! Hope you have a great trip, would love to hear about it when you get back! 8-)

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Sat 19, 2008 4:09 am

Congrats on the trip (and the job)! I second boilerbabe's Narcoosee's suggestion. I did that in December and it was spectacular (if expensive). There's also the horse-drawn carriage rides at Port Orleans Riverside and Fort Wilderness. I also like the walk along the 'Swamp Trail' between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge in the evening - beware of mosquitoes though (it's not called swamp trail for nuthin'). But in May you might be safe. .. That reminds me; the boat ride from Port Orleans to DTD is also nice at night too (again, mosquito warning in effect). ;)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Sun 20, 2008 7:30 am

Nice to hear the trip is back on! Here's a copy of an article I wrote for our agency's newsletter last year on Disney and romance - hope it helps a bit.

[quote]The Walt Disney World Resort is known as one of the world’s top destinations for children and families, the young and young at heart. But how many people automatically associate Disney as a great place to vacation together as a couple? Once you slow down from the commando park touring and start to unpack all that Disney offers you’ll find that romance for couples lurks around every corner just beyond the theme parks.

At Disney’s Grand Floridian Beach Resort and Spa couples can escape the real world to relax and enjoy highly specialized spa treatments exclusively for couples in an intimate “Couples Onlyâ€
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

sojerseyWDW
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by sojerseyWDW » Apr Sun 20, 2008 7:44 am

You are right that the first thing that typically comes to mind for something "romantic" is a dinner although I think there are many things that can be. For dinner, I would throw out the Yachtsman steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort. The atmosphere is elegant and they do have a small semicircle-shaped room with maybe 7 tables and there is a table for 2 at the top of the circle that looks out to to the water. My wife and I lucked out with just getting it out of dumb luck but we will certainly try to ask for that table the next time we go. Also, the good thing about the Yachtsman is that is off the International Gateway in EPCOT so when you are done with dinner, take a nice stroll around the Beach Club resort and head into the back of EPCOT, turn left and head into the Rose and Crown Pub for a pint, or turn right and goto France for desert!

Good luck, and have fun!

Merryweather
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Merryweather » Apr Sun 20, 2008 11:03 am

What about viewing Wishes from the beach of the Poly after dinner at Narcoosies?

Dinner at Bistro de Paris is a favorite of ours as well.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Mon 21, 2008 3:05 pm

thanks everyone, she doesnt like seafood, so narcossee is out, but some of the others sound great. After this week I will be on more with classes ending. Thanks everyone!

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Apr Mon 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Disbeamer.....i always have to look twice at your avatar..for a split second out of the cornor of my eye it looks like walt is either waving or droping a hanky or some trash. laugh
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Apr Tue 22, 2008 7:35 am

yup, anything romantic what-sp-ever will help! and don't worry, i already got a few magnets for ya!
You got some great suggestions. Nice of AKLRULZ to post that article!! Well, don't forget to sit on the same side on TTA. :)

Thanks on the magnets!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Wed 23, 2008 11:43 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:thanks everyone, she doesnt like seafood, so narcossee is out, but some of the others sound great. After this week I will be on more with classes ending. Thanks everyone!
If she doesn't like seafood, I had the surf and turf at Narcossee's in December and can say 100% the filet was probably the best steak I've ever had, anywhere. It put the lobster to shame, and it's offered as its own entree too. If/when we go back there, that's what I'll be ordering. Yum. :9 Just in case the seafood's the only thing holdin' you back from trying it.
Croaker wrote:Disbeamer.....i always have to look twice at your avatar..for a split second out of the cornor of my eye it looks like walt is either waving or droping a hanky or some trash. laugh
He always looks like he's waving to me, too. "Bye! You come back and spend more money, y'hear!" :lol:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]