I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Martr152 wrote:...I certainly share my experiences on FB :goofy:
Really? I wonder if we are FB friends? It's cold and snowy here in Michigan ~ Then I could take a vicarious vacation :goofy_bounce:

Martr152
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Martr152 » Jan Sun 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Hey All sorry I haven't posted trip reports, work has been wild since getting back from the extended vacation then two of my personal computers decided to I didn't have enough to do so they both added to the fun. lol.

I will post details shortly now that they are working again.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 29, 2018 10:59 am

Martr152 wrote:Hey All sorry I haven't posted trip reports, work has been wild since getting back from the extended vacation then two of my personal computers decided to I didn't have enough to do so they both added to the fun. lol.

Yay!

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Mar Tue 27, 2018 1:44 pm

OK, time for the 2018 edition of where's-acp-going-this-year?, I suppose.

So the plan was to go to WDW this year. It's a couple of years since I've been and there's new stuff. Great idea, right?

Well, unfortunately, WDW seems to have other ideas. For the dates I was looking at, the prices and availability just weren't anywhere near useful. I tried a few combinations, but it seemed to always end up with either WDW or the flights being more expensive than I'd like (I did actually find a decent price for one set of dates I was looking at, but then I couldn't get those weeks off work because someone else beat me to them).

So I started looking at a plan 'B'. After some research, I decided that even though plan 'B' would ultimately cost more than the WDW prices I'd found, it'd be better value for money. So WDW isn't happening this year. Instead...

245 days until I spend a couple of days at Shanghai Disneyland before heading to Japan (yes, again :roll: ) for two weeks.

Oh, and I'm going to Disneyland Paris in 86 days, too.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 28, 2018 7:41 am

Very nice ~ maybe you not being able to work those WDW dates out is better in the long run! Might as well wait until everything is back open in Florida anyhow :D

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Mar Wed 28, 2018 1:04 pm

203. Too long. Longest countdown we've ever had. Ah well

acp

Post by acp » Mar Wed 28, 2018 1:39 pm

acp wrote:So I started looking at a plan 'B'. After some research, I decided that even though plan 'B' would ultimately cost more than the WDW prices I'd found, it'd be better value for money. So WDW isn't happening this year. Instead...

245 days until I spend a couple of days at Shanghai Disneyland before heading to Japan (yes, again :roll: ) for two weeks.
What I didn't say last night when I posted that (because I hadn't decided by that point) is that after much to-ing and fro-ing, I decided to stay in the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel for that portion of the trip.

It did double the hotel price for that portion of the trip and completely break my target budget of trying to keep the cost below last year's trip, but it'll be the first Disneyland Hotel I've stayed in, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

This won't be happening for the Tokyo portion of the trip. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 28, 2018 9:00 pm

acp wrote:
acp wrote:So I started looking at a plan 'B'. After some research, I decided that even though plan 'B' would ultimately cost more than the WDW prices I'd found, it'd be better value for money. So WDW isn't happening this year. Instead...

What I didn't say last night when I posted that (because I hadn't decided by that point) is that after much to-ing and fro-ing, I decided to stay in the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel for that portion of the trip.

It did double the hotel price for that portion of the trip and completely break my target budget of trying to keep the cost below last year's trip, but it'll be the first Disneyland Hotel I've stayed in, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Wow ~ that will be fun to see some photos of the hotel when you go :goofy_bounce: I can't believe you've never stayed in a DL hotel before. Surely you have at WDW though right?

acp

Post by acp » Mar Thu 29, 2018 12:40 am

Amy wrote:
acp wrote:

Wow ~ that will be fun to see some photos of the hotel when you go :goofy_bounce: I can't believe you've never stayed in a DL hotel before. Surely you have at WDW though right?
I've stayed in Disney hotels (at WDW and DLP), but not a "Disneyland Hotel" is what I meant.. ;) Being the highest priced one at each resort they're usually just way too expensive.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 29, 2018 6:54 am

Ah, gotcha. Yes, they are generally the creme de la creme! We were able to stay at the original Disneyland hotel twice before the prices skyrocketed. Concierge level ~ loved it!

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Mar Fri 30, 2018 1:16 pm

30 days til Disney! Spring trip with a little Flower and Garden action!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Alacrity wrote:30 days til Disney! Spring trip with a little Flower and Garden action!
Wow ~ just a month ~ lucky!

BattyMcDoom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by BattyMcDoom » Apr Wed 25, 2018 11:28 am

180 more days today! Just booked my dining. Got the 2 that I wanted thankfully. I completely forgot that they had just announced the free dining which makes sense now since I had to make a later breakfast than I originally wanted. But both are booked, can't wait!!!
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:
My Next Trip - WDW July 14th
WDW Trips - 17 DLR Trips - 3
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 25, 2018 8:27 pm

BattyMcDoom wrote:180 more days today! Just booked my dining. Got the 2 that I wanted thankfully. I completely forgot that they had just announced the free dining which makes sense now since I had to make a later breakfast than I originally wanted. But both are booked, can't wait!!!
Whoo-hoo! Let the countdown commence! :goofy_bounce:

Martr152
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Martr152 » May Sun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Amy wrote:
Martr152 wrote:Hey All sorry I haven't posted trip reports, work has been wild since getting back from the extended vacation then two of my personal computers decided to I didn't have enough to do so they both added to the fun. lol.

Yay!

Ugh sorry I have been gone again, some personal stuff happened but that prompted me to take an unexpected trip to WDW in memory of my best friend. That might have been the most bittersweet time I've had there but luckily I still have friends whom I worked with years ago who are still CMs who I got to spend time with and reminisce on the good ole' days. I know I owe several trip reports, eventually I will sit down and talk about POFQ at Christmas, Caribbean Beach during the hellacious cold spell for the Marathon weekend, the unexpected trip to Pop Century or the runDisney weekend at Saratoga Springs and running in memory of Mark. I am about to embark on my annual birthday week at Disney, I spoiled myself and got a room at the Polynesian with firework view ... just 3 more days!