I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 22, 2017 8:02 pm

??? Even IF (a huge IF...) we are able to squeeze in the D23 Expo this year, we won't be able to hit the parks at all. So I must live vicariously through those who are going!!!!

SpudsMackenzie
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by SpudsMackenzie » Mar Wed 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Going in 4 months and 15 days! Our 6th trip, but first with only our youngest.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 29, 2017 9:21 pm

SpudsMackenzie wrote:Going in 4 months and 15 days! Our 6th trip, but first with only our youngest.
How old is your youngest? Going to be a different trip with just one then? One of my newest piano families has 8 children, but recently went to Disney for a long weekend and took just the two youngest. I found out later that the Dad had a conference so that is likely why they took just the two as that would be all that would fit in one room, but I can only imagine how disappointed the older kids were! I would have been anyhow!

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Apr Wed 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Well here we are exactly 8 months from our return
My wife absolutely hates flying but copes with it because " Walt Disney World is at the end"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 05, 2017 6:45 pm

I am Sulley wrote:Well here we are exactly 8 months from our return
My wife absolutely hates flying but copes with it because " Walt Disney World is at the end"
That's how we always thought of it as well, well, we loved flying, but the trip itself was tiring for Figment ~ and then coming home is sad, but you can look forward to sleeping in your own bed :D

SpudsMackenzie
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by SpudsMackenzie » Apr Tue 11, 2017 9:40 am

Amy wrote:
SpudsMackenzie wrote:Going in 4 months and 15 days! Our 6th trip, but first with only our youngest.
How old is your youngest? Going to be a different trip with just one then? One of my newest piano families has 8 children, but recently went to Disney for a long weekend and took just the two youngest. I found out later that the Dad had a conference so that is likely why they took just the two as that would be all that would fit in one room, but I can only imagine how disappointed the older kids were! I would have been anyhow!
My oldest is 23 and my youngest is 13. She doesn't know yet. We originally planned to do a trip through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska to watch the eclipse, then Oklahoma. Then we decided that since we have the money we should do Disney. We hadn't been in 5 years so figured now was a good time. We're going to try to keep it a secret as long as we can, but she'll probably figure it out when I start playing Disney movies all the time to catch her up on all the characters. Unfortunately my oldest can't get the 2 weeks off, but she understands that my youngest has never been by herself.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 11, 2017 12:11 pm

SpudsMackenzie wrote:
Amy wrote:
My oldest is 23 and my youngest is 13. She doesn't know yet. We originally planned to do a trip through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska to watch the eclipse, then Oklahoma. Then we decided that since we have the money we should do Disney. We hadn't been in 5 years so figured now was a good time. We're going to try to keep it a secret as long as we can, but she'll probably figure it out when I start playing Disney movies all the time to catch her up on all the characters. Unfortunately my oldest can't get the 2 weeks off, but she understands that my youngest has never been by herself.
Sounds like a fun trip ~ your original plan sounded fun too ~ I would love to get to see some of the Western states at some point :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Apr Tue 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Amy wrote: Sounds like a fun trip ~ your original plan sounded fun too ~ I would love to get to see some of the Western states at some point :D
Amy you need to plan a road trip and just do it. Get that work on your house finished up, pack your bags, and go. I have maps, books, and stuff if you want to borrow them.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 12, 2017 9:14 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote: Sounds like a fun trip ~ your original plan sounded fun too ~ I would love to get to see some of the Western states at some point :D
Amy you need to plan a road trip and just do it. Get that work on your house finished up, pack your bags, and go. I have maps, books, and stuff if you want to borrow them.
I might ~ funding would be the problem at the moment. Being self-employed gives me the flexibility to do something like that, but no paid vacation days :(

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Wed 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
I might ~ funding would be the problem at the moment. Being self-employed gives me the flexibility to do something like that, but no paid vacation days :(
We need to find you a gig that you can do on the road.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 12, 2017 7:43 pm

cy1229 wrote:We need to find you a gig that you can do on the road.
YES!! I would love to come up with something I could do in a virtual office. Looked into coding classes and gave up on that idea relatively quickly. I do foresee having to make a career change at some point though as the income is definitely not guaranteed with sick kids and the amount of vacations my students' families take

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Apr Tue 25, 2017 12:54 pm

55 days until DLP.

I really shouldn't be allowed near airline booking websites. I've now booked this year's "big" holiday. :lol:

Plan A was to do Tokyo and Shanghai, however I wasn't able to find a flight route that would work for me and be a reasonable cost, so I've put that one off for now. Instead, Plan B is what I'm going with. Plan B is to do Hong Kong and Tokyo (in a very similar way to last year), but at the time of year I originally wanted to do last year's trip but couldn't: Christmas. Well, late November to early December to be exact.

So I'll be heading to Hong Kong in 212 days (and Tokyo is therefore in 217 days).
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 25, 2017 4:43 pm

acp wrote:55 days until DLP.

I really shouldn't be allowed near airline booking websites. I've now booked this year's "big" holiday. :lol:

Plan A was to do Tokyo and Shanghai, however I wasn't able to find a flight route that would work for me and be a reasonable cost, so I've put that one off for now. Instead, Plan B is what I'm going with. Plan B is to do Hong Kong and Tokyo (in a very similar way to last year), but at the time of year I originally wanted to do last year's trip but couldn't: Christmas. Well, late November to early December to be exact.

So I'll be heading to Hong Kong in 212 days (and Tokyo is therefore in 217 days).
:shock: Wow, I'm envious. I'm hoping to do a trip to Shanghai in the next 5-10 years. And if I'm flying that far, I'm going to Hong Kong and Tokyo as well. Haven't even started looking at air fare though ~ imagine it might scare me a bit

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Wed 26, 2017 9:48 am

Amy wrote:
acp wrote:55 days until DLP.

:shock: Wow, I'm envious. I'm hoping to do a trip to Shanghai in the next 5-10 years. And if I'm flying that far, I'm going to Hong Kong and Tokyo as well. Haven't even started looking at air fare though ~ imagine it might scare me a bit
You might think about driving to California and then leaving your car with your brother, and flying from there. You'd be able to stop and see a couple of the things you've always wanted to see along the way, plus the fare would be considerably less, I imagine. Also, investigate whether flying from Vancouver or Toronto would be less expensive than from Chicago (which is where I assume you'd look). International flights are much more expensive and it's because of international fees (names of which I can't remember), so it might be worth your while to drive to Toronto, then fly from there, or even road-trip to Vancouver and leave from there.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 26, 2017 10:46 am

cy1229 wrote:You might think about driving to California and then leaving your car with your brother, and flying from there. You'd be able to stop and see a couple of the things you've always wanted to see along the way, plus the fare would be considerably less, I imagine. Also, investigate whether flying from Vancouver or Toronto would be less expensive than from Chicago (which is where I assume you'd look). International flights are much more expensive and it's because of international fees (names of which I can't remember), so it might be worth your while to drive to Toronto, then fly from there, or even road-trip to Vancouver and leave from there.
Good tips ~ thanks!