I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I found this battery for about $3.50. I couldn't believe it! I only bought one because I was extremely skeptical at that price that it was going to work, but so far so good. And it was even from the US.
I have had no problem with mine either. It lasts as long as the battery that came with the camera.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:4 days!! My husband's tooth is fixed, so we're back in good health and ready to go! I've got to finish sewing my tie dye shirts today so I can hopefully dye them tonight - why do I always wait until the last minute for this?! :lol: And of course we have to pack!
Wait ~ you sew the shirts first?! :shock: Wow!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Yes, and I'm doing 5 shirts (8 Mickey heads total). First you take the plain white t-shirt and trace the mouse ears on them. I use a washable marker to do this. Then you take dental floss and hand stitch the outline of each Mickey head, pull it tight, rubber band it, then roll it up and tie dye it. The stitching is taking forever. I'm only on my second Mickey... I'm going to be sewing, sewing, sewing tonight! :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Yes, and I'm doing 5 shirts (8 Mickey heads total). First you take the plain white t-shirt and trace the mouse ears on them. I use a washable marker to do this. Then you take dental floss and hand stitch the outline of each Mickey head, pull it tight, rubber band it, then roll it up and tie dye it. The stitching is taking forever. I'm only on my second Mickey... I'm going to be sewing, sewing, sewing tonight! :lol:
Hmmm, this is sounding more and more intriguing! Shouldn't you be packing and getting ready to go?! :shock:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm finally making progress! I'm on 7 out of 8 Mickey heads. I'll take pictures as I work on the last one as sort of a "tutorial" in case you or someone else is curious / wants to try it out. They're not hard, just a bit time consuming.

I am working on packing too. I've got my suitcase open in the floor and keep throwing things in as I think of them. I've got to get my clothes together (which this counts, right? ;) ), but my husband is really the packer (it'd take me 5 bags to carry what he fits in 1 :lol: ).
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I'm finally making progress! I'm on 7 out of 8 Mickey heads. I'll take pictures as I work on the last one as sort of a "tutorial" in case you or someone else is curious / wants to try it out. They're not hard, just a bit time consuming.

I am working on packing too. I've got my suitcase open in the floor and keep throwing things in as I think of them. I've got to get my clothes together (which this counts, right? ;) ), but my husband is really the packer (it'd take me 5 bags to carry what he fits in 1 :lol: ).
Don't feel obligated, but it would be interesting to see the steps! Don't forget your little bitty bottles of liquids in your quart size baggie ;)

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Wed 16, 2011 9:19 pm

3 days! I'm getting beyond excited now - I'm almost to the point where it makes more sense to count the hours. Only two days of work left - hopefully they'll fly by.

i'm working on sewing my last tie dye shirt now so that they're ready to go when my husband's home from work to help me tomorrow night. I've been taking pictures to document the process and share, it was no trouble. :)

SplashMountaineer
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by SplashMountaineer » Feb Thu 17, 2011 11:13 am

I agree, it would be very interesting to see how you proceed with this project!

Only a matter of hours for you now, how exciting! I'm going in just over 2 weeks...!! Cannot wait!

Have a GREAT trip!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Thu 17, 2011 2:06 pm

2 days or about 36 hours until we leave! I'm bouncing with excitement!!

I've got to finish rubber banding the Mickey shirts as soon as I get home, then it will be time to tie dye. I've got lots of pictures already and was going to upload them now, but apparently this card wouldn't read SDHC cards, so I'll have to wait until I can use my husband's computer at home.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:2 days or about 36 hours until we leave! I'm bouncing with excitement!!

I've got to finish rubber banding the Mickey shirts as soon as I get home, then it will be time to tie dye. I've got lots of pictures already and was going to upload them now, but apparently this card wouldn't read SDHC cards, so I'll have to wait until I can use my husband's computer at home.
36 hours sounds better! Unless you still have a lot to accomplish before you leave...then I would stick with 2 days ;) :lol:
I'm getting very excited for you too :D

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Fri 18, 2011 9:13 am

One day!!! :D By this time tomorrow, we should be on the Turnpike. Only 18 hours left until we leave, and we still have a lot left to do! My husband is taking the animals to his family while I finish up my last day of work. I put the dye on my tie dye shirts last night, so as soon as I get home I'll have to rinse them off in the sink, then throw them in the washer and dryer. And of course there's a few more things to throw into the suitcase, though the most "important" things are ready (APs, mouse ears, and our stuffed Disney collection :lol: ).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 18, 2011 10:56 am

Shouldn't you leave the stuffed Disney Collection at home? That way, you can have room in the luggage to add the new stuffed items to expand your stuffed Disney collection waiting for you back at home.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Fri 18, 2011 10:59 am

Congrats Poly-P!! I hope/know you will have a great time! Be safe traveling and ENJOY!!!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Fri 18, 2011 11:45 am

The stuffed Disney collection is one of our traditions. We carry them every trip to decorate our room and add a new one for each trip. :)

Thank you! I'm finding it harder and harder to concentrate - about 15 hours now!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:The stuffed Disney collection is one of our traditions. We carry them every trip to decorate our room and add a new one for each trip. :)
Thank you! I'm finding it harder and harder to concentrate - about 15 hours now!
Have fun! Have a safe trip! Take lots of pictures! Enjoy! :D