I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Sat 15, 2011 5:40 pm

No Amy I have never been to Disneyland Paris, I guess if I'm going to spend that kind of money then I would much rather be in America at least you speak the same language and the weather is much better in Florida especially at this time of the year. 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:No Amy I have never been to Disneyland Paris, I guess if I'm going to spend that kind of money then I would much rather be in America at least you speak the same language and the weather is much better in Florida especially at this time of the year. 8-)
I would recommend going to Tokyo Disneyland if you travel to a foreign park...DisneySea is such a cool park that you can't really beat that experience :D
Florida definitely wins on weather in the winter, although Disneyland in California is a very close second, and wins hands down in the summer months ~ Florida is just too darn humid :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 12:06 am

Amen to that, Amy. I live in Florida so I can tell you the summer humidity can get you down. I find that more people at Disney are iritated, annoyed, and bad tempered during the worst hot days of summer.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 12:59 am

mindflipper wrote:Amen to that, Amy. I live in Florida so I can tell you the summer humidity can get you down. I find that more people at Disney are iritated, annoyed, and bad tempered during the worst hot days of summer.
My friends went in August with two young children and were absolutely miserable. You can tell looking at their pictures that no one was having a good time :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 1:09 am

If you're going in summer time, I would suggest taking a page out Len90's book: get plenty of pool time in there along with the park time. Helps to "cool off" in more ways than one...

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Sun 16, 2011 5:45 am

The first time we went in July. It was so hot and humid it was like breathing through a sponge, never again. We keep thinking about California but we keep getting pulled back to Florida. Someday we will get there probably doing a touring holiday as I would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone park. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 7:26 am

Sleepy90 wrote:The first time we went in July. It was so hot and humid it was like breathing through a sponge, never again. We keep thinking about California but we keep getting pulled back to Florida. Someday we will get there probably doing a touring holiday as I would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone park. :D
You really must try Disneyland at least once! I remember walking through the park and thinking, ok, Walt was actually here, he had a hand in everything here, walked right here, stayed above the fire department here...etc. Plus it is so easy to get around DL with the park being so much smaller in size. I too would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone ~ ahh, someday...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:25 am

I did a DLR-LV trip once. It's not a long drive from Disneyland to Las Vegas. And from Las Vegas you can take a small plane day-trip tour to the Grand Canyon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:46 am

mindflipper wrote:I did a DLR-LV trip once. It's not a long drive from Disneyland to Las Vegas. And from Las Vegas you can take a small plane day-trip tour to the Grand Canyon.
And if you are in Las Vegas it is a only short, hop, skip, and a jump to go see MmeLeota and Chernabog :D

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:55 am

Amy wrote: You really must try Disneyland at least once! I remember walking through the park and thinking, ok, Walt was actually here, he had a hand in everything here, walked right here, stayed above the fire department here...etc. Plus it is so easy to get around DL with the park being so much smaller in size. I too would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone ~ ahh, someday...
Amy that gave me the chills! Someday someday someday!! I was hoping to get out that way for my cousin's wedding but they had to cut back on relatives.
:lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 10:08 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Amy wrote: You really must try Disneyland at least once! I remember walking through the park and thinking, ok, Walt was actually here, he had a hand in everything here, walked right here, stayed above the fire department here...etc. Plus it is so easy to get around DL with the park being so much smaller in size. I too would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone ~ ahh, someday...
Amy that gave me the chills! Someday someday someday!! I was hoping to get out that way for my cousin's wedding but they had to cut back on relatives.
:lol: :lol:
Cool! Now you can just go to Disneyland and skip the boring wedding :D Maybe you can find a way to get some cake though ~ that's usually pretty good :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:The first time we went in July. It was so hot and humid it was like breathing through a sponge, never again. We keep thinking about California but we keep getting pulled back to Florida. Someday we will get there probably doing a touring holiday as I would love to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone park. :D
I guess living here in Florida I'm so used to WDW that it makes me want to go the other parks more. I''ve been at least 3 times to DLR and 2 times to DLP. I haven't made to TDL or HKDL yet, but there's always the future...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 5:43 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I guess living here in Florida I'm so used to WDW that it makes me want to go the other parks more. I''ve been at least 3 times to DLR and 2 times to DLP. I haven't made to TDL or HKDL yet, but there's always the future...
I'm hoping to make it to HKDL some day too :D (and back to TDL!!)

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Jan Thu 20, 2011 9:57 pm

still about 5 months to go.. oh well theres all this disney music to listen to

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jan Fri 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Just 19 days to go! Also, I'm a Jets fan, so hopefully I have the Super Bowl to keep me occupied! :goofy_bounce: