I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Single digits!! Finally! Last night I did my online check in for POFQ and we totally changed our dining reservations all around. :lol:
And I'm coming down with a cold. :( Hoping to get over this really quickly!!
Oh no! Drink lots and lots of fluids and consume vitamin C foods and drinks! Plenty of time to be back at 100% before you departure! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Single digits!! Finally! Last night I did my online check in for POFQ and we totally changed our dining reservations all around. :lol:

And I'm coming down with a cold. :( Hoping to get over this really quickly!!
Rest up! Knock the cold out of you because no germ is going to ruin your vacation! :x

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Fri 11, 2011 11:12 am

I slept forever last night and don't feel quite as terrible, just really sniffly. Hopefully the weekend will do me some good. :)

Eight days! Tomorrow I get to do online check in for the Polynesian.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 11, 2011 11:24 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:I slept forever last night and don't feel quite as terrible, just really sniffly. Hopefully the weekend will do me some good. :)

Eight days! Tomorrow I get to do online check in for the Polynesian.
Still, rest up the weekend. Don't over-do and get the cold out of you! How dare a virus want to tag along with you to your Disney vacation? You got tell it to get its own room and ADR's! :wink: :D

jmenjes
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by jmenjes » Feb Sun 13, 2011 2:13 pm

50 days to go for me.
11/12 - All Star Sports (1 night), free upgrade to AKL Jambo House (4 nights)
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 - Pop Century
4/06, 4/05 - All Star Sports
00 - Offsite
11/99 - Fort Wilderness
Before 99 - Lost count along the way

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 13, 2011 10:31 pm

6 days! Online check in is done for Polynesian now as well as French Quarter. I've still got the sniffles, but I think I'm getting rid of them. Of course now my husband broke his tooth yesterday, so now he has to go to the dentist tomorrow. Hoping that they'll be able to fix it and he won't be in pain anymore (or spend all of my souvenir money ;) :lol: ) so that he can enjoy the trip too. I'm working on tie dye Mickey shirts for myself tonight! :)
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:6 days! Online check in is done for Polynesian now as well as French Quarter. I've still got the sniffles, but I think I'm getting rid of them. Of course now my husband broke his tooth yesterday, so now he has to go to the dentist tomorrow. Hoping that they'll be able to fix it and he won't be in pain anymore (or spend all of my souvenir money ;) :lol: ) so that he can enjoy the trip too. I'm working on tie dye Mickey shirts for myself tonight! :)
Hope you are back to 100% in 6 or less days! I suppose one way to look at your husband breaking his tooth, is that at least he broke it before the trip and will be all fixed up...I like how you put his being pain free before spending your souvenir money ;) :lol:
Homemade tie dye Mickey t-shirts?! That sounds very fun! You'll have to take a picture of them to share in the Disney crafts thread...here is the link...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6509&hilit=disney+crafts

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh yes, we said the same thing about him breaking his tooth. I only wish he hadn't broken it on a Saturday, since there was no where to go and get it fixed then and he's been in agony with it all weekend. :( He even called out of work today and I've never known him to ever call out sick in the whole time I've known him.

They are lots of fun! I made a set of three for the trip we went on last March. I wore them most of the trip and kept washing them in the sink. :lol: The only other shirts I wore were the Agrabah shirt I made, my "Por favor" monorail shirt, and my Polynesian shirt. I've worn my tie dye shirts almost exclusively to sleep in since then - they're no longer as bright and are full of holes. :lol: Hoping this new batch comes out even better than my first! And I will definitely post them there!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 13, 2011 11:04 pm

A cold and a broken tooth? You have to wonder if this series of unfortunate events are some omen-like warning not to go? If so - ignore it. Don't let anything stop you from going to WDW!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 13, 2011 11:10 pm

:lol: Oh no, we're not backing out now. Everything's paid off and it's our last chance to go before the APs expire!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 10:31 am

4 days!! My husband's tooth is fixed, so we're back in good health and ready to go! I've got to finish sewing my tie dye shirts today so I can hopefully dye them tonight - why do I always wait until the last minute for this?! :lol: And of course we have to pack!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 10:37 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:4 days!! My husband's tooth is fixed, so we're back in good health and ready to go! I've got to finish sewing my tie dye shirts today so I can hopefully dye them tonight - why do I always wait until the last minute for this?! :lol: And of course we have to pack!
Don't forget to pack that camera - it's crucial for getting those pics for when you post your trip report after you get back from WDW...

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 11:06 am

Oh yes, I even bought an extra battery for it on Ebay so that I'll always have one charged and ready to go. I just have to remember to take my pictures of the room BEFORE we get our luggage in and start getting settled in. I always forget to do that and on the last day when we're packing up, we're always trying to straighten the beds and everything up so it looks new and clean. :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Oh yes, I even bought an extra battery for it on Ebay so that I'll always have one charged and ready to go.
I did the same when I got my camera and got it for much cheaper than Best Buy wanted to charge me for it. I meant to do the same with my camcorder, but I want to replace it with one that's all digital instead so maybe I will get the extra battery for that one.

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 15, 2011 1:29 pm

I found this battery for about $3.50. I couldn't believe it! I only bought one because I was extremely skeptical at that price that it was going to work, but so far so good. And it was even from the US.