I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by NaCler » Jan Fri 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Congrats on the 19 days left MW1218! Are you celebrating anything special or is it just a regular visit? Also, I'm not a Jets fans at all (except for Mark Brunell), so I hope they don't go to the SB, but I wish you luck anyway!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Jan Sun 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey everyone, I just booked a 2 week trip with the whole family to celebrate my graduation in May. WOOHOO!!! Only 105 days till I go again! :figment: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce:

Keep it quiet, though, because the kids don't know yet... :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 30, 2011 6:23 pm

momeja wrote:Hey everyone, I just booked a 2 week trip with the whole family to celebrate my graduation in May. WOOHOO!!! Only 105 days till I go again! :figment: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce:

Congratulations on the graduation and on the 2 week trip! Wow! Good time in the Spring time! :D :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 30, 2011 8:49 pm

momeja wrote:Hey everyone, I just booked a 2 week trip with the whole family to celebrate my graduation in May. WOOHOO!!! Only 105 days till I go again! :figment: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce:
Yee-haw! That's awesome momeja :D 2 weeks is a great amount of time and in May ~ that weather should be really nice :D

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dichuy » Jan Sun 30, 2011 9:21 pm

NaCler wrote:Congrats on the 19 days left MW1218! Are you celebrating anything special or is it just a regular visit? Also, I'm not a Jets fans at all (except for Mark Brunell), so I hope they don't go to the SB, but I wish you luck anyway!
Darn, looks like we are going to miss each other by about a week or two. 64 days left for me. It can't come soon enough. I made or reservations for the luau and the steam train tour. I, being the big planner that I am, have made a grid with park hours and crowd levels from touring plans so we can make the most of our time there if the crowds don't cooperate :). Those are the only two reservations we are making as we don't want to be having fun then have to leave for a ADR. Living in NYC we don't eat dinner till 8-9pm so we hope that works in our favor. If not, we both love Pecos Bills and are happy to have a few meals there!!
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 30, 2011 9:27 pm

dichuy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Congrats on the 19 days left MW1218! Are you celebrating anything special or is it just a regular visit? Also, I'm not a Jets fans at all (except for Mark Brunell), so I hope they don't go to the SB, but I wish you luck anyway!
Darn, looks like we are going to miss each other by about a week or two. 64 days left for me. It can't come soon enough. I made or reservations for the luau and the steam train tour. I, being the big planner that I am, have made a grid with park hours and crowd levels from touring plans so we can make the most of our time there if the crowds don't cooperate :). Those are the only two reservations we are making as we don't want to be having fun then have to leave for a ADR. Living in NYC we don't eat dinner till 8-9pm so we hope that works in our favor. If not, we both love Pecos Bills and are happy to have a few meals there!!
Wow! A grid with park hours and crowd levels :shock: You are a planner!!
I would guess if you are used to eating dinner late then you shouldn't have too many problems getting in to restaurants. Be careful though, I was surprised to find that some restaurants closed 1-2 hours before the parks closed...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Check out the Plaza Restaurant just off Main Street as you head to Tomorrowland. I remember in the past it used to be open late as well.

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Jan Sun 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Amy, yes! My mom and I learned that last January. We ended up eating a few meals in Tomorrowland due to loosing track of time.

Mindflipper, my girlfriend and I used to eat at the Plaza in the 70s--but we only would get banana splits lol! She and I also ate our weight in shrimp cocktail at the Empress Lily right after it opened. It was either 1978 or 1979 and we got a special deal. One week in the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view. Unlimited admission to the Magic Kingdom. Unlimited use of water activities (Biff taught us to water ski--no lie, that was really his name). And 3 meals a day that included gratuities anywhere we wanted to eat and as much as we wanted. One day we went to the Empress Lily and ordered about 10 shrimp cocktails for lunch hehe. We were given a credit card with Mickey Mouse on it (remember, this was way before they used tickets/keys as we now know them). This special deal cost us $500 each. What I would give to do that trip over. We had so much fun!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 30, 2011 10:42 pm

dichuy wrote:Amy, yes! My mom and I learned that last January. We ended up eating a few meals in Tomorrowland due to loosing track of time.

Mindflipper, my girlfriend and I used to eat at the Plaza in the 70s--but we only would get banana splits lol! She and I also ate our weight in shrimp cocktail at the Empress Lily right after it opened. It was either 1978 or 1979 and we got a special deal. One week in the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view. Unlimited admission to the Magic Kingdom. Unlimited use of water activities (Biff taught us to water ski--no lie, that was really his name). And 3 meals a day that included gratuities anywhere we wanted to eat and as much as we wanted. One day we went to the Empress Lily and ordered about 10 shrimp cocktails for lunch hehe. We were given a credit card with Mickey Mouse on it (remember, this was way before they used tickets/keys as we now know them). This special deal cost us $500 each. What I would give to do that trip over. We had so much fun!
Plaza makes a good burger too, dichuy! And they do good milkshakes as well as banana splits! Oh, how I miss the Empress Lily! I wish they would dump Fulton's out of there are restore the Empress Lily back to her former glory (especially as they are planning to renovate the old Pleasure Island area, why not the boat as well?)...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 31, 2011 7:03 am

dichuy wrote:Amy, yes! My mom and I learned that last January. We ended up eating a few meals in Tomorrowland due to loosing track of time.
Wow! That sounds like you had a great time! That is a lot of shrimp :shock: :lol:

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jan Mon 31, 2011 8:34 am

Just an Escape the Northeast Winter Weather trip. And now I'm down to just 8 days! :hatter_bounce: :hatter_bounce: :hatter_bounce:

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Jan Mon 31, 2011 10:11 am

MW1218 wrote:
Just an Escape the Northeast Winter Weather trip. And now I'm down to just 8 days! :hatter_bounce: :hatter_bounce: :hatter_bounce:
8 DAYS! Woohoo! Have a wonderful time. And of course, we want to hear all about it when you return.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 31, 2011 10:17 am

MW1218 wrote:
And tomorrow you can finally say "ONE WEEK TO GO!"

momeja

Post by momeja » Jan Mon 31, 2011 11:27 am

dichuy wrote:Living in NYC we don't eat dinner till 8-9pm so we hope that works in our favor. If not, we both love Pecos Bills and are happy to have a few meals there!!
That will work well for you, since it's always easier to get a last minute ressie later. Most people at Disney eat between 6-8 pm.

I second Mindflipper's Plaza recommendation. It's one of our favorite restaurants at Disney.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Mon 31, 2011 2:09 pm

MW1218 - Congrats on the 8 days left. I know I would be getting excited about now. How long are you staying? I can definitely understand trying to get away from this wintery weather. I think we are due for some ice tonight and tomorrow... whoo hooo... :roll:

momeja - Congrats on the upcoming graduation and more importantly, the 2 weeks in Disney! :D You definitely deserve it and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than 2 weeks of Disney!

I only have another 52 more days until my next BRIEF venture into the World!