I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

T!nkNCognito
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by T!nkNCognito » Oct Wed 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Yep, we are hoping to catch Smash Mouth on arrival Saturday then the other two during the week. We are jam packed for the week - dinners at Tiffins with Rivers of Light viewing, Spice Road Table, Mama Melrose with Fantasmic viewing, Be Our Guest, Jungle Navigation Co Canteen, Le Cellier, brunch with the chef and mix it make it celebrate it food event, Savor the Savannah and fast passes galore. We are really blowing it out!
Hakuna Matata

subdudehaha

Post by subdudehaha » Oct Mon 26, 2020 12:02 pm

74 days until WDW! First trip since 2008 for both my fiancee and me.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Mon 26, 2020 12:14 pm

subdudehaha wrote:
Oct Mon 26, 2020 12:02 pm
74 days until WDW! First trip since 2008 for both my fiancee and me.
Wow that's a long time between trips! I used to go for work but haven't been there in a couple of years. Going through a bit of withdrawl.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

subdudehaha

Post by subdudehaha » Oct Mon 26, 2020 12:22 pm

horizons1 wrote:
Oct Mon 26, 2020 12:14 pm
Wow that's a long time between trips! I used to go for work but haven't been there in a couple of years. Going through a bit of withdrawl.
It's been tough, but we're pretty young and so we just didn't have the financial means to do WDW like we wanted to until very recently. It's much easier to spend a week in various European countries cheaply (which we have a few times) then it is to spend a week in a deluxe WDW resort cheaply. But renting DVC points during a pandemic has made a week at the Poly very doable, so we're leaping at the chance.

Any chance you'll be heading down in 2021? Any loose plans for the 50th anniversary?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 27, 2020 7:42 am

congrats on the upcoming trip subdudehaha ~ have you stayed at the Poly before?

subdudehaha

Post by subdudehaha » Oct Tue 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Nope! First time at the Poly (or any Deluxe) for either of us! We're very excited--we've loved the resort from a distance before so it'll be nice to actually stay there even if a few things are closed. Any tips, besides Tonga Toast?

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Oct Tue 27, 2020 3:18 pm

We've come to really like the Poly once it went DVC! We stayed once before it went and it was a bit pricey. The main pool is nice and a stroll and sit on the breach is a nice way to kick back. Also a good spot for fireworks (if they were running) and the Evening Water Pageant (if it were running). Dole Whip at the pineapple Lanai is pretty tasty as is a Captains Mai Tai at Tambu Lounge (those were open while we were there Oct 8-14). I'd recommend Trader Sam's but, closed currently.

The monorail is due to shut down Nov 2 but may be back when you get there. The walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center is not too bad from the DVC buildings especially Pago Pago and Moorea. Tokelau is the other and is just a little further. It's also very possible to stroll to the Grand Floridian and you can catch the Monorail to the Contemporary (from TTC if it is down from poly). Both have good restaurants, and there is always that stop along the way at the MK! Remember to get the Resort Monorail from the MK. The MK express monorail does not stop at the Poly or other resorts. It does stop at the TTC. The boats to and from the Poly, if they are running, were also a nice, relaxing ride and, if you are energetic, you may be able to walk all the way to the MK via the new Grand Flo walkway, which may be open or getting close. But that is a long walk!

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Oct Tue 27, 2020 3:33 pm

16 days until our rescheduled April trip. Staying that the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Been ages since we were able to get in there. It's been pretty popular after Copper Creek and the Cabins were started.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 28, 2020 5:37 am

sorry, never stayed at the Poly so no advice to give ~ I'll be interested in what you think of the Tonga Toast. I'm intrigued but I'm not a huge fan of bananas in anything other than, well, just being a banana. I bet it would be tasty with strawberries inside though!
Whoohoo Alacrity. Back from one trip and on to the next ~ looking forward to more photos :D

subdudehaha

Post by subdudehaha » Oct Wed 28, 2020 11:34 am

Alacrity wrote:
Oct Tue 27, 2020 3:33 pm
16 days until our rescheduled April trip. Staying that the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Been ages since we were able to get in there. It's been pretty popular after Copper Creek and the Cabins were started.
Oooh, I'm excited for you! That's going to be such a blast. It's a great time for a trip too--love those mid-November (comparatively) lower crowds!