I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 06, 2013 5:07 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:BBabe: I am 43 and I don't cry at much but I come close when we are out there waiting (like you) at the DME sign. You just never know when you will be back.
I guess next time I will tell the family we are leaving on x day but then when we get to the bus stop say "ah ha!...we are staying three more days!!!" :)
:lol:
That is what bdude and I always say...we don't know exactly when we'll be back! So, I have no choice but to have the "sad bus face".

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 7:48 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:BBabe: I am 43 and I don't cry at much but I come close when we are out there waiting (like you) at the DME sign. You just never know when you will be back.
I guess next time I will tell the family we are leaving on x day but then when we get to the bus stop say "ah ha!...we are staying three more days!!!" :)
:lol:
That is what bdude and I always say...we don't know exactly when we'll be back! So, I have no choice but to have the "sad bus face".
I mean it... this is why we add a day or two at the beach to our Disney trips. Leaving WDW is sad, but then we're at the beach for a day or two, which is fun and relaxing in a different way, but not as awesome as a Disney trip, and it kind of buffers the bummer zone a bit.

Not completely, but it does help.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:07 pm

:shock: Well, I suppose that would be a nice surprise. It might backfire the next time though...

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Mon 07, 2013 7:40 am

I really really wish we could just out of the blue say, yep...staying one more week! How cool would that be? First item on the agenda however would be...yes you guessed it...LAUNDRY! That would mean slaving away at the laundromat at Petals Bar LOL LOL. Oh darn!

TurkeyLeg
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by TurkeyLeg » Oct Mon 07, 2013 9:00 am

22 MORE DAYS :ccat:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Mon 07, 2013 3:56 pm

30 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I better start packing!!!! :wave:

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Mon 07, 2013 4:30 pm

My wife finally gave in and said we could go to WDW! So, being a Californian that knows little about WDW, when is the best time to visit?

11 days until I take a Venturing Crew to Disneyland!
-Club33Hopeful

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:My wife finally gave in and said we could go to WDW! So, being a Californian that knows little about WDW, when is the best time to visit?

Well it just depends on what you would consider a good trip. If you want to avoid crowds, January, February, and September are best. If you love holiday celebrations but hate crowds, then go in the weeks before Thanksgiving. Most of the refurbishments occur in the down months. The weather is cool in January and February, and it's super hot and humid in the summer, rains every afternoon.

Oh we have so much to tell you, and teach you about planning to go to WDW! I understand that it's much different than Disney Land.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Mon 07, 2013 7:36 pm

I've only been to WDW twice, both times in July, and both times by myself because I had other business in the area. Not so much fun weather wise. Started sprinkling when I was at Epcot and I chuckled as everyone ran for cover. Laugh was on me as I was thoroughly soaked inside of a minute. I was leaning toward next November. Isn't there a 1/2 marathon that time of year?
-Club33Hopeful

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 07, 2013 9:26 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Club33Hopeful wrote:My wife finally gave in and said we could go to WDW! So, being a Californian that knows little about WDW, when is the best time to visit?

Well it just depends on what you would consider a good trip. If you want to avoid crowds, January, February, and September are best. If you love holiday celebrations but hate crowds, then go in the weeks before Thanksgiving. Most of the refurbishments occur in the down months. The weather is cool in January and February, and it's super hot and humid in the summer, rains every afternoon.

Oh we have so much to tell you, and teach you about planning to go to WDW! I understand that it's much different than Disney Land.
Club33Hopeful wrote:I've only been to WDW twice, both times in July, and both times by myself because I had other business in the area. Not so much fun weather wise. Started sprinkling when I was at Epcot and I chuckled as everyone ran for cover. Laugh was on me as I was thoroughly soaked inside of a minute. I was leaning toward next November. Isn't there a 1/2 marathon that time of year?
I can't believe you had to talk your wife into a WDW trip?! I suppose if you live in California that might take some convincing to travel across the country though...
I would agree with everything cy1229 said. Our favorite time is late November - anytime before Christmas. We love the cooler weather...well, I love the cooler weather, Figment is happy wearing her down coat if she needs to ;) :lol: the holiday decorations are pretty, and the Osborne Lights are our absolute favorite part of the trip! And pretty much all of the attractions are up and running after having been down for refurbs during the slower months.
And she is definitely right that we would love to share all we can about WDW ~ Biggest thing to be aware of is how much larger the resort is and how much more walking you will do!
Florida afternoon thunderstorms are no joke. They might be short, but there can be an amazing amount of rain dump in that short period of time :shock: I would not recommend any summer months if you can avoid it. The humidity is crazy then :(

And might I add, luckiest Venture Crew ever! What part of Cali are you from? My brother that lives out there is active with the B.S. and Venture crews. Both his kids have aged out of the program now, but he is as active as ever. They had a few problems this past weekend because they had a permit to hike Half Dome in Yosemite, but the government shut-down put the kibosch on that, so they headed to the Los Padres dam and hiked the Carmel River trail. Looked very pretty although not as beautiful as Half Dome. I just wonder if the two of you have ever crossed paths?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:I've only been to WDW twice, both times in July, and both times by myself because I had other business in the area. Not so much fun weather wise. Started sprinkling when I was at Epcot and I chuckled as everyone ran for cover. Laugh was on me as I was thoroughly soaked inside of a minute. I was leaning toward next November. Isn't there a 1/2 marathon that time of year?
DH and I love to visit the week right after Thanksgiving, the weather is awesome (most times) and it's not crowded! WDW is in all of it's Christmas Glory!!! It's "Magical"!

There is the Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, that is in Nov. I believe that one is coming up soon, there are Subbers that are participating, they would know!

We can all certainly help you with planning WDW! :D How exciting!

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Tue 08, 2013 2:39 am

Amy wrote:And might I add, luckiest Venture Crew ever! What part of Cali are you from? My brother that lives out there is active with the B.S. and Venture crews. Both his kids have aged out of the program now, but he is as active as ever. They had a few problems this past weekend because they had a permit to hike Half Dome in Yosemite, but the government shut-down put the kibosch on that, so they headed to the Los Padres dam and hiked the Carmel River trail. Looked very pretty although not as beautiful as Half Dome. I just wonder if the two of you have ever crossed paths?
Northern California, near Sacramento. Im guessing he is part of SF Bay Area Council. Did he go to the Venturing Rendezvous at Wente on the last weekend of September?
-Club33Hopeful

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 08, 2013 6:56 am

Club33Hopeful wrote:
Amy wrote:And might I add, luckiest Venture Crew ever! What part of Cali are you from? My brother that lives out there is active with the B.S. and Venture crews. Both his kids have aged out of the program now, but he is as active as ever. They had a few problems this past weekend because they had a permit to hike Half Dome in Yosemite, but the government shut-down put the kibosch on that, so they headed to the Los Padres dam and hiked the Carmel River trail. Looked very pretty although not as beautiful as Half Dome. I just wonder if the two of you have ever crossed paths?
Northern California, near Sacramento. Im guessing he is part of SF Bay Area Council. Did he go to the Venturing Rendezvous at Wente on the last weekend of September?
I sent him a message to see. He lives in Tracey ~ I hear a song...It's a Small World after all, it's a small world after all.... :lol:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Tue 08, 2013 7:31 am

YES!!!!! Wine & Dine HM which starts at 10pm Saturday night is Nov. 9 this year this will be W&D #2 for me. I love it!! The post-race party at World Showcase is so much fun and goes til the teeny weeny wee hours Sunday morning.

The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is THE best time to go due to lower crowd numbers. Actually the week right after Thanksgiving is superb!!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 08, 2013 10:34 am

Club33Hopeful ~ my brother said they went to the overdrive this year at Camp Lassen...he says he meets so many people it is hard to remember all the names. He asked if you remembered ever meeting a guy with a camera with a huge lens ~ my brother documents the trips with some beautiful photographs...and seems to have no problems getting them uploaded and shared in a timely fashion ~ I think I might be adopted ;) :lol:
laurie5658 wrote:...The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is THE best time to go due to lower crowd numbers. Actually the week right after Thanksgiving is superb!!!!!
It is definitely a less crowded time of year, although with all the offers and promotions of reduced rooms and free dining, the "slow" times of year are seemingly becoming a thing of the past...