Best Time (During A Value Season) To Go

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Tue 08, 2007 8:55 am

I found the crowds to be fairly light during the first week in december. in every guide book as well as the disney information out there, the week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas is value season.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Tue 08, 2007 11:11 am

We sometimes go during the first week of May and the parks are fairly empty. I don't know if it's "Value Season", but it wasn't peak.
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Jul Sun 22, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Tue 08, 2007 12:22 pm

May is a nice time to go, especially with the weather. Not too hot, but not cold eith
It's also during my birthday (May 6) and flower and garden. May be that's why the crowds have grown?

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » May Wed 09, 2007 2:52 pm

I was there from April 28th thu May 5th and I was shocked at how busy it was. That was my third early May trip and my last! There were many school groups on senior trips from all over the country and it was very busy :) I have never seen it so busy in May!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Wed 09, 2007 3:14 pm

Could be. I heard them announce your birthday parade over at the Magic Kingdom. I didn't get a chance to see it, though.
My nephew's Birthday is New Years Eve and he keeps telling me about this great party they throw for him in Time Square.
I was there from April 28th thu May 5th and I was shocked at how busy it was. That was my third early May trip and my last! There were many school groups on senior trips from all over the country and it was very busy I have never seen it so busy in May!
I'm happy I've never got caught up in that.

tergiversate
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by tergiversate » May Wed 09, 2007 9:33 pm

I went right before President's Day weekend, so before Valentine's Day is good (no sweating either).
Humans strive for perfection and time just strives for tomorrow, and neither really gets there.

rocketman
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by rocketman » May Wed 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Mid September through the last week of October can be pretty good. Also the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are nice, excluding the holidays of course. But with all the special events, celebrations etc, it's getting pretty tough to find a really light week anymore.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Sun 15, 2007 9:53 pm

We used to go in October and the crowds were very light but 2 years ago we went the third week in October and it was the most crowded I have seen it during that time. One lady told me it was because many schools were having their Winter Break that week. It was also during the Mickey's Halloween season so that may have been part of the reason. I don't know but I remember we could not get a character breakfast (or any meal for that matter!) I have always heard the week after Labor Day is the best time to go. This year we are going in the middle of September so we are hoping for lighter crowds, guess we will see :)

ralberts
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ralberts » Jul Mon 16, 2007 7:36 am

We have gone many tiomes the second or third week of September. The kids are back in school so the crowds are light. It is still warm, Ok Hot in Florida, but we oftne walk right on to many rides. There have even been times when the CM asked if we wanted to stay on and ride again as there was no line.

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jul Mon 16, 2007 11:10 am

I love first weekend in February. It's nice and dead that weekend and weather is not hot at all.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Jul Sun 22, 2007 5:19 am

If you want the parks virtually empty I would recommend the last two weeks of Jan. Almost no lines for anything. Fast Pass worked out SLOWER than the regular line for test track. :roll:
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Jul Sun 22, 2007 2:12 pm

Anyday it is rainy or inordinately cold. I realize you can't plan for that, of course.

We went to Magic Kingdom during a very windy freak cold wave (high of 55), and walked on everything all day. Once inside the park, the buildings blocked the wind and we were fine with sweaters & light coats. Best day at the park ever.
No, no... He's got a point.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Sun 22, 2007 11:43 pm

i'll be there September 4th. i'll leave a review. i usually go in October (we use columbus day as a way to get an extra day off from work, since my wife and i own our business.) although now i'll have to figure a way to get there on December 8th...something about desserts being fantasmic.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Jul Sun 22, 2007 11:51 pm

The absolute middle of the Food and Wine Festival. Last Year they were giving Dining Plans away with a 6 night stay. And only the beginning and end of the Food and wine fest is busy. Plus Epcot is the only park really effected attendance wise.

jozel27
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jozel27 » Jul Thu 26, 2007 8:26 am

the last two weeks of August even though they are hot are not to crowded. We waiting no more than 20 minutes for anything and that was at peek times of the day. If you go early you can walk on most rides until about 1 p.m. then all you do and find an ice cream shop and a shadey spot and wait for the parade. Then head back to the hotel for a nap or swim and venture back out around 7 for a couple of hours before fireworks. It was hot so drink lots of water, but the crowds were not bad at all.