A November 2020 Trip!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

A November 2020 Trip!

Post by Alacrity » Jan Tue 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Mel and I managed a second trip to WDW in 2020. We were originally scheduled to meet friends in April, which was canceled. We rescheduled for November and, as it happens, we also got to see the Christmas decorations! Some of that decor went up as we were there. Missing was the displays at the resorts. Especially missed was the Gingerbread house at the Grand Flo. No snow on Mainstreet USA this year but they had some of the snowble machines running down at Disney Springs in the evenings. Still a good time hanging with friends, having some some good food and taking in the Christmas decor (and music!)

Pics from the trip: https://dbeedle.jalbum.net/Dis-Nov2020/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: A November 2020 Trip!

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 13, 2021 9:46 am

Fabulous photos as always Alacrity! How did you feel wearing the masks the entire time? I struggle with a few hours at a time here when running errands, and that is in cool/cold weather. I really don't think I could handle an entire Disney day, and especially during the hot months, no way :(
And what did you think of the cleanliness protocols? I've noticed here, that while everything was super clean and efficient the first few months after things opened up, now it is very hit of miss on how stores are cleaning between customers. I am fairly sure Disney is maintaining their standards, but would love to hear what you thought! And no, sadly I don't have a trip planned, or even on the horizon, but it's always nice to keep in the loop :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Wed 13, 2021 11:32 am

Great pics. From what position was 680282503 1122632241 taken?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Jan Thu 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Amy wrote:
Jan Wed 13, 2021 9:46 am
Fabulous photos as always Alacrity! How did you feel wearing the masks the entire time? I struggle with a few hours at a time here when running errands, and that is in cool/cold weather. I really don't think I could handle an entire Disney day, and especially during the hot months, no way :(
And what did you think of the cleanliness protocols? I've noticed here, that while everything was super clean and efficient the first few months after things opened up, now it is very hit of miss on how stores are cleaning between customers. I am fairly sure Disney is maintaining their standards, but would love to hear what you thought! And no, sadly I don't have a trip planned, or even on the horizon, but it's always nice to keep in the loop :D
Thanks! One plus to this whole thing and, especially, no fast passes, is we go though parts of the queue that we haven't seen! The Flight Of Passage line for example, I had never seen the Jake avatar before!

We learned last trip that the synthetic material masks seem to be more comfortable long term. They are also easier to wash and dry in the room and dry quicker. The new masks at Disney are light and breath much easier. Out biggest issue...well, mine anyway, is fogging glasses. We didn't have any real issues with them wearing the masks but we did take a break from time to time. There are areas set aside as "Relaxation Stations" that you could take the masks off and sit. As for fog, I put some plastic/rubbery medical tape across the top inside of a mask, which helps, and with those without a wire to form to your face, the wire thing from a bag of coffee works great taped on the inside with the medical tape. By the way, we bought cookies from a shop at Animal Kingdom (from a display case) and they came in a bag with those wire things! I tore them off the bags and still have them to use.

Stores were OK and allowed limited numbers inside. World of Disney in the evenings could have a line. Over all we felt safe and had no issues while at the parks. Our only time of concern was at Disney Springs after we had dinner one night on the weekend. It was Friday or Saturday. As we were leaving there were long lines of folks coming in. Seemed a bit much to us.
Last edited by Alacrity on Jan Fri 15, 2021 8:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Jan Thu 14, 2021 7:26 pm

horizons1 wrote:
Jan Wed 13, 2021 11:32 am
Great pics. From what position was 680282503 1122632241 taken?
I think it's called the "Magic Shot" or something like that. There is a photographer in the hub that you can ask for the special shot. They stand you in a particular spot and tell you where to look. The camera, in this case, is on top of the Plaza Restaurant! On the Disney app you'll get stills and a video of the shot. Picuture 680282768_1122632242 is the close up, 680282768_1122632242 is the zoomed out version. You can see us wearing dark blue shirts on the right between two curlicue trees. Our photographer is in shorts further to the right and to our left are our friends (in light blue shirts) waiting for their turn! We also did one by the Millennium Falcon. For the Falcon one we were were in front of Docking Bay 7 Restaurant, over looking the Plaza the Millennium Falcon is in. The camera there is on top of the walls to the right as you come into the Plaza and looking at the Falcon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 15, 2021 7:07 am

Very cool ~ thanks for the info Alacrity :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Fri 15, 2021 10:04 am

Oh, I had no idea you could ask for a Magic Shot. I am going to go to CVS right now and ask for mine! :)

Seriously, though, cool pics. But the mask stuff does seem like a hassle.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.